the Rift

Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open)

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

M U R D O C K
If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

Murdock watched Aryel curiously, noting how her expression changed, and suddenly she was scrutinizing him suspiciously. This, he found almost entertaining. He would dare hurt such a pretty creature as her. However, she had every right to be concerned when an unfamiliar stallion approached her. Setting back on his haunches slightly, he pulled his head out of her space, giving her room to clear her thoughts. As she spoke, he noticed the harsh tone that tainted her sweet voice, and he smiled at her defiance. “Yes, of course you can” he laughed, nodding his head in response to her words.

His expression softened as she briefly explained where she had come from, seeming to grow confused and sheepish. “It is easy to get lost while flying” he agreed, nodding his head. "“However, I was trained with a highly advanced, militaristic fleet…and so navigation has never been an issue for me” he smiled, recalling his home and the family he had to leave behind. If he had a choice, he would return to them in a heartbeat, to claim the poisoned throne that was now occupied by his traitorous uncle. Maybe, in time, he would find such an opportunity.

He listened with growing interest as she explained the herd she came from, smiling as her fiery personality showed through her words. “A desert? I’ve never been much for warm places. Where I came from, we lived up in the mountains where it was always cold. Though, I’m sure the desert has its advantages” he speculated, glancing around at the darkness of the forest. He nodded in agreement with her words, a slight shiver running down his spine as the eerie howling of the wind moaned through the trees. “You don’t scare easily? Oh, but I do…” he teased laughingly, shivering in mock fright as the trees creaked against the wind.

Briefly, his gaze returned for the third time to the red stones on the pool’s floor. He frowned slightly, and stepped around her. Lowering his head, he studied the smooth stones through the rippling surface of the water. “Any idea why these stones are red?” he asked, lifting his head and turning about to look at her again. “It’s such an odd colour for rocks…almost like they’ve been stained by blood” he shivered, for real this time, pulling his wings around his body for comfort.

"Speak"

Messages In This Thread
Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Aryel - 11-22-2012, 11:19 AM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Murdock - 11-24-2012, 12:21 AM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Aryel - 11-24-2012, 09:19 AM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Murdock - 11-24-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Aryel - 11-25-2012, 10:36 AM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Murdock - 11-25-2012, 02:06 PM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Aryel - 11-27-2012, 08:34 PM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Murdock - 11-27-2012, 09:56 PM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Aryel - 11-28-2012, 04:41 PM
RE: Tall Trees, Long Shadows (Open) - by Murdock - 11-28-2012, 07:38 PM