the Rift

The Funeral [Open]

Chernobyl Posts: 134
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: Nine | Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Psilo

Around them, the world was hauntingly silent, as if all eyes had turned to look upon the pair with ominous discontent. The Threshold was a mild place, unlike the various darkened crevices of Helovia that concealed such devilish creatures, mere mongrels to the face of life. No one noticed these lifeless souls, not unlike herself, though she couldn’t imagine why. The land gave meaning to these ghosts that wandered, gave a heart to those with none, perhaps like the Wizard in Oz. Her thoughts began to drift again, gently curving along the stream of consciousness that meandered into the recesses of her mind. There she found sullen unease, burning in the low light like a campfire that was about to die out. The shadows that pressed in around it were fervent to avoid illumination, while some took their chances and erupted into flames, examples for those who were hesitant to follow. Turn after turn, they exploded, bursting into light as the fire grew weaker. In the remaining seconds as the fire died away, she felt breathless and trapped before the darkness swallowed her entirely.

Through the tunnel and back to reality, she returned to Lena’s side, expressionless and quiet though slightly anxious. Her mouth had parted as panting persisted and her eyes had narrowed marginally. Any place would be better than this… this sullen reminder of a home that she longed to erase but was forced to remember. She shifted in the cold as her hind legs had become sore from bearing her substantial weight. Clouds had rolled in above them now and nothing could hide them from the mysterious awakening of the rain. The heavens had yet to cry, though the impending tears were inevitable. “If I could be so bold as to wonder what has caused your number to diminish?” It was a curious question due to the impartial nature of the mare since she really had no interest in the matter either way. If she was being recruited to the lowly ranks of some dying empire she had no desire to employ her allegiance whereupon her life would merely become part of the robbery in which she had enlisted.

Her tunes had softened now and perhaps a trace of understanding lingered in the remainder of her otherwise dry agreement. “I suppose that should you inform me of you’re herd’s purpose, I might consider a plea to join you… if the terms are agreeable.” Her gaze had left the other animal entirely, ashamed at such weakness in the need to belong. It was a trait that embedded itself in the core of her breeding but defied all she had come to know after such a grueling childhood. Did she really want to align herself with another after such trust had been broken so long ago?

In truth, part of her wished to depend on another if only to free herself of such obligations, but fear and anger left her crippled and indecisive. Blackened eyes look upon Lena, a surge of confusion tainting her thoughts before leaving her entirely lost once again. Words were the only thing left to save her as words were the only thing she had to rely on. There were no promises, no guarantees that could salvage the sense of mistrust building in her gut. If this was her destiny, she would know it and she would follow willingly and serve to the best of her ability in whatever tasks required her assistance.

[OOC: I’m sorry, this was really… scatter-brained.]

It speaks to me
and says I'm coming for you

crushed and filled with all I found
underneath and inside, just to come around
more, give me more, give me more

pixel is by RELI<3

• Feel free to magic on her, but no murder.

Messages In This Thread
The Funeral [Open] - by Chernobyl - 11-24-2012, 01:31 AM
RE: The Funeral [Open] - by Lena - 11-25-2012, 07:27 AM
RE: The Funeral [Open] - by Chernobyl - 11-26-2012, 10:12 PM
RE: The Funeral [Open] - by Lena - 12-01-2012, 08:26 AM
RE: The Funeral [Open] - by Chernobyl - 12-04-2012, 03:03 PM
RE: The Funeral [Open] - by Lena - 12-09-2012, 07:40 AM
RE: The Funeral [Open] - by Chernobyl - 12-09-2012, 11:03 PM