the Rift

Find light in the the beautiful sea [newhorse-open]

Lana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Lana held up her dainty little head,pricking her ears forward,listening to the sounds of the new world around her. She pressed in her wings around her,keeping in as much body heat as she could,the harsh winter weather threatening to steal all her heat away if she didn't. Despite being just a foal her tail was already close to the snow covered ground. Her forelock was over her eyes,settled in little wisps as her mane fell straight down just below her neck. She took a few paces forward,her majestic body loomed-rather like a ghost-in the endless formation of trees.

She halted,peering out into an opening. She could just see the trees at the other side of the opening though the snowy mist. She watched,her keen little eyes scanning the land for others-as long as she didn't spot her father out there-she would be happy to see others. She shivered,not from the cold,but from the thought of her father. She had watched him kick her mother to the ground,a pool of blood swelling under her head-but she was still alive. Her father had laughed,happy at leaving her half dead and about to leave a long and painful death. The stink of blood pouring up her nose. She had watched her own mother die-the cold,heartless laugh of her father blocking out the agonizing screams of her mother. She had to leave. And she had. And now-here she was.

She felt herself wanting to flee,thinking she had not gone far enough from her fathers land but was to cold to lift a hoof. Pressing her wings against her tighter,she let out a cry of loneliness. Hoping someone else would hear and help her into a more secure area as she didn't feel at all secure alone here.

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

Gold sauntered through the tree cover, sending the subtle reverberations of rustling snow and branches through the air. Stricken with a sadness he could not explain, so unlike the steadfast demeanor he normally held. Pale blue eyes were cast towards the ground, lethargically watching the landscape pass as he moved. The new weights on his mind were only aggravated by his fluctuating moods. Visions of being ripped away from the Throat to be some prisoner flashed through his ailing mind, dark thoughts of unicorn's stabbing at him while Faelene looked on. It was certain that others wanted to take him from the Throat, and surely it must be the ex-Edge. They wanted their revenge, no matter how futile it was. For the briefest of moments, cold malice slid across his visage. If they took him from his herd, they would know hell. Then the sorrowful expression returned, and the brawny stallion's walk continued on.

Suddenly, a voice rang out, filled with loneliness and pain. Leander would have wondered if the sound had actually come from his own mouth, if it's tune was not so feminine. Raising his eyes from the frozen ground, he saw the owner of the noise. Not too far off stood a young girl, winged as he, but with a midnight pelt. Another filly out in the Threshold alone. The charger had found far too many helpless children in this place, and now of all times there was another. A near silent sigh escaped his nostrils, his breath a white plume, before he made his way closer to the little dove. "I mean you no harm, young one." He uttered wearily as he got closer to the petite onyx, though his pale eyes held concern. He was a massive sight, especially for one so young, and he did not want to frighten her off. "Are you alright? You sound about as morose as I feel." A weak smile forced it's way on to his lips for the girl, a small attempt to fight the depressed mood that gripped him. His words remained warm, though the sorrow that edged his tone and laced his face was probably visible to the filly. "I'm Leander the LionHeart, Sultan of the Dragon's Throat herd." Thick cream locks flounced as he bowed his head respectfully to her. She was a pretty girl, surely one who would grow into a strong and lovely mare. It was almost too much on his emotions to wonder if she had a family, or if she too had lost her parents and endured Frostfall alone. There were many other her age who had, and the thought was only another sad reminder to the usually optimistic golden that life was often bleak.

Unregistered
Lana watched out,wondering if her call had caught the attention of any passing horse. She hoped it had,she didn't want to wonder aimlessly in the world alone-not knowing where she was or where she was going. She was about to give up and turn back in the direction she had come and take another path she had choose not to previously,when a weary voice spoke. She turned, eager but yet nervous about what the speaker would be like.

She turned to see a stallion towering over her. He had a sooty colored body with pale blue eyes and frosted wings. His body was that of a heavy well muscled horse,a long mane fell loosely over his neck,feathers seemed to leek out just above his hoof. She froze,taking in the looks of the stallion. She felt her body tense up,ready to bolt for it but his kind words soothed her a little,and the fact he made it clear he wasn't there to harm her soothed her even more as she was still shaken by the views she had witnessed of her mother and she had not come into contact with a stallion since.

At his question she felt herself tensing again but she soon relaxed as he spoke his name. Leander the LionHeart.It was a grand name she had to admit and it helped keep her mind of the question for a split second,but she knew a answer was needed. She didn't want to lie about why she had come across as morose. She knew why. But she didn't feel like she wanted to share it,but looking up at the stallion,despite his kind eyes,she felt intimidated by him. Like he was subconsciously forcing her into tell him,and as she was,she did not resist as she feared the worse if she did. Repositioning herself and dipping her head she spoke in a quiet voice. "I am Lana." She paused,not knowing how to start of with how she was feeling. "I suppose in a way I am not. I watched my father killing my mother not to long ago. She lay there,in all her beauty,lying in a thick puddle of blood as her let out a heartless laugh at her pain..." Her throat started to close up and she found she couldn't speak anymore. She hung her head even lower,her mane flopped over her face,not gracefully as it usually would. He wings loosened around her body and dropped but as she thought about the question,and what his answer would be,she realised what he had said. You sound about as morose as I feel. Did he feel the way she did? She was curious about it,and what past Leander had. She pricked her ears slightly and spoke,her voice shaky. Asking questions wasn't something she normally did. "Do you feel as I do,Leander,sorrowful and lonely?" She didn't know what to expect as a answer. She was still tensed,not knowing how he was going to react to being told about her fathers cruelty.

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

The little doe noticed him, and for a moment Leander wasn't sure if she was going to bound off into the darkness of the wood. Ice blue eyes looked down at the filly's blazed face, still wearing the same thin smile. Despite his size and warrior's hide, his face held no animosity or malcontent. Only the soft traces of tired sadness and genuine concern for the stranger. He hoped the child would not be spooked by his presence, for seeing an innocent face helped ease his listlessness, if only a little.

She spoke, and before he could respond, she gave a dark explanation of her mournful call. Porcelain pools widened, taking in the grisly words. Orphaned children were not uncommon, but this? No, it was just too much. The palomino grimaced, casting his eyes back to the snowy floor. How could anyone do such a thing? How did the filly survive such an ordeal? Flashes of his own time as a colt permeated his mind, and the crescent scar on his haunch twinged. There were those who would kill ruthlessly, even taking the life of a mother in front of her own daughter, as much as the Sultan wanted to believe it wasn't so. But the child had survived, and that meant that she was even stronger than he'd assumed.

"I am so sorry, Lana. No one should have to go through something like that." He spoke somberly, raising his gaze back to meet the ebon dove's. He wanted to add that he'd gladly kill such a mongrel as the likes of her sire, but the blond buck bit his tongue. The young one was likely in enough shock, and did not need to hear anymore words of death. The black eyed Lana spoke up again, disregarding his full title, and for that he was glad. For a moment, the stallion glanced to the shadows of the forest, as if he was searching for something that simply was not there. "Yes, Lana, I do. Though my troubles are not easily explained." Pausing, Leander settled his vision back on her dark form. "You are in Helovia now. Times are treacherous here, I'm afraid. There are those who would think you worthless because of the wings on your back, and others who'd think they make you Godly." Exhaling softly, he fought to bring the smile back to his lips. "You should join a herd, if only for your safety, Lana. I would be greatly honored if you would like to join me in the Dragon's Throat. There are two other herds as well, though. The World's Edge and the Windtossed Foothill's. I can tell you what I know of them, if you'd like." He offered carefully, aware that she might decline his invitation, and ready to give her what information he could of the other herds. Still, a gleam of hope fell into his light opalescent orbs. He liked the young one already, if only for the way in which they seemed to be able to share pain.

Unregistered
She nodded slightly,listening to his words. I am so sorry, Lana. No one should have to go through something like that. The words echoed in her head. Other horses and Pegasus had only said that everything would be alright now-but Leander did not. He seemed to know exactly what was going though her mind right then. Maybe it is because he has experienced pain like I have? Or maybe because he knows it may not be alright? She pondered over the question,not wanting to ask it in-case she sounded rude and the stallion turned on her. That was not something she needed right now. Friends were the only hope she had if her father ever decided to come and find her-most likely to kill her. She shivered, realizing he could be out there now. searching for her. Wanting her dead.

She looked up upon the Pegasus as he answered her question. He turned his head,almost as if it hurt him to much to tell her the full story. Lana to turned her head to where he was looking,wondering what he was looking at but all she could see was the endless trees. She listened to his words with questioning eyes,but if his troubles were not explained easily,she would not make him go though the trouble of it. He seemed as deeper in thought then she thought. Lana watched as Leander turned his attention back to her. She looked over the stallion,noticing a scar on his hind leg. It made her shiver. She did not want to know where it came from and who gave him the deadly blow. He then had told her about where she was. Helovia. The name rung in her ears like a wind charm as he told her about what it was like at that moment. treacherous. Her heart dropped a little and she had to admit,that didn't sound to appealing-but at least it was far away from her father.

She was deep in thought as he told her of the three different herds. She didn't even want to know about two of them. Just Dragons throat. The fact that he belonged to that herd was all he had to say to make her want to be in it to. She liked Leander. He was kind and seemed to understand what she was going though. "I think I would like to go with you,to Dragon's Throat." She pricked her eyes forward slightly more and shook herself. Snow tumbled of her back as she out stretched her wings before quickly reeling them back in. She held her head up higher,pushing it out as far as she could to get closer to the stallion-she was tiny compared to him. Her eyes peering up at him as he was still a great deal taller. She started to get more existed as she waited for his replay. Hopefully,it would be one she wanted. "Do you think I could?"

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

He felt the bright silver eyes of the filly on him even before he returned he gaze. Looking down at the young one, he could see the matching line of chrome that ran along her spine. She was certainly not as young as Nefertari, but a growing two year old. In some time, she would become an adult, and be thrust into the uncertainty of the land. The violent death of her dam must have strengthened the girl, though, and Leander felt confident that she would fare well, no matter what sort of life she chose.

A smile grew on his lips, this time of it's own accord, as the child spoke almost hesitantly. The bleak mood that had held him seemed to fade off just at quickly as it had set on, and the familiar feeling of lightheartedness took hold. "I would love for you to come with me to the Dragon's Throat, Lana. There are many positions to study in, including scholar, warrior, informant, and medic, if any of those interest you. And there are others your age as well, in case you tire of my company." He chuckled, thinking Lana would get bored of an old warrior for conversation. Cream locks shifted as he gestured Southward, making a motion to begin their trip home. "If you're ready, we can head back to the Throat now." With that, the stallion began the journey, blue eyes glancing back every so often to make sure the onyx dove was still with him.

[ooc: You can go ahead and post in the Updates board to have Lana's rank changed to a Dragon's Throat member. If you want her to take a position in the Throat, you can post in the Dragon's Throat Joining and Specialization thread with what rank you like her to have :) And if you want to have another thread with Lana and Leander, just let me know!]

Unregistered
OOc:Thank you:) Ill make a thread now feel free to replay if you want I honestly don't mind if you so or don't :D