the Rift

The Test [Archibald][JUDGE!]

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Frostfall, generally, had little hold on this land. However, with the Sun God banished from the Veins the Foothills were experiencing a winter different than their usual. Even upon Archibald's arrival last winter he took joy in the Foothill's lack of a Frostfall wonderland--or hell, whichever one decided. This year snow accumulated in places that had never been touched by the white substance, ice coating plants with its foreign fingers. Archibald contemplated how long the season would last as he cast his glance skyward, hooves following behind Loretta carefully. It wouldn't be long now, he could feel his winter fur start to shed along his legs and the underside of his neck. He feared, though, that even though his body was sending itself through natural cycles it would be pointless without the Sun God.

Fixing his gaze back in front of him Archibald's golden eyes rested on the halflinger mare. She had requested to become a warrior and Archibald generously accepted--but not without testing, of course. That is why he came here, to test this smaller mare. Archibald wanted to see if warrior would be a true fit for her, or if it was just as aspiration put into her heart to make her feel powerful. The Chief lifted his head as he approached, stopping several yards in front of Romani. "I need my warriors always at the ready; I need my warriors to be skilled in offensive as well as defensive battle strategies; I need my warriors to be able to adapt to changes. Do you understand?" Archibald lifted a brow, locking eyes with the reddened female.

Without giving her time to respond Archibald lowered his head slightly and motion with his muzzle for Loretta to go lay down and watch. He mentally told her that this fight was not going to be aggressive on his part, that it was nothing she needed to concern herself over. Snorting, Loretta cast a sideways glance towards Romani before turning and trotting away. Lifting his head again Archibald spoke once more. "I will not use my powers for this battle, nor will Loretta aid in any way. I am here merely to test you, not to end you." Which I certainly could. Archibald finished mentally, tail swishing against his hind pillars as he waited for Romani to begin the fight. In a fluid, synchronized motion Archibald's neck arched and his chin tucked slightly to protect his jugular, his ears pinned back and his legs spread apart slightly, preparing for the muscled female to come to him.
[Word: 426 | Post: 0/2 | Archibad sets his defenses and waits for Romani's attack.]

Messages In This Thread
The Test [Archibald][JUDGE!] - by Romani - 11-24-2012, 06:23 PM
RE: The Test [Archibald] - by Archibald - 11-27-2012, 10:04 PM
RE: The Test [Archibald] - by Romani - 11-28-2012, 09:55 PM
RE: The Test [Archibald] - by Archibald - 11-29-2012, 11:53 PM
RE: The Test [Archibald] - by Romani - 12-01-2012, 07:16 PM
RE: The Test [Archibald] - by Archibald - 12-04-2012, 01:06 AM
RE: The Test [Archibald] - by Romani - 12-08-2012, 01:53 AM
RE: The Test [Archibald][JUDGE!] - by Official - 12-17-2012, 09:50 PM
RE: The Test [Archibald][JUDGE!] - by Official - 12-17-2012, 09:52 PM