the Rift

A change in time (Joining, Open)

Mystique Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The filly walked towards the herd. She had been here for a while just around, hoping that she could become part of the herd. Along the way she met some nice foals. Yol and Cera. She hoped that some day she would be ale to meet with them again.

Walking around she crossed the sands with confidence. She walked towards the river to grab a quick drink before going to ask to join. The little ripples of water splashed the edges of the sand. She looked into the river seeing her reflection. She looked.. different. Maybe older? She couldn't tell. There was a spark in her eye. She didn't seem so gloomy and sad. Now she seemed happy and calm. She coudn't wait to meet other members of the herd.

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

[[ooc: Teehee I couldn't help but post Cera to this <'3 Angel (Midas) can jump in this to accept Mystique, or Leander etc. I can delete this if you want]]

When Cera had awoken that morning, he'd found himself rather parched. It didn't happen often, as many desert inhabitants found. You grew used to it, and the oasis was always there should they need it. Nevertheless he rose, bidding Midas goodbye as he left on his rounds with sad eyes. Sometimes he hated the fact his father was constantly on duty, but he loved his father too much to ever complain about it. Just as Cera took pride in his building and crafting, Midas took pride in being the General. Cera knew the drive he had in that pursuit and didn't hold it against him.

Cold again. Brisk, though. Birdsong was approaching, and Cera couldn't be more thankful. He was dreadfully skinny despite his height, and was very vulnerable in cold weather. Shaking his wings out, stretching them to his sides and enjoying the loosened muscles. As he approached the water he realized he wasn't the only one searching for a drink. About to call out a hello when memory hit him. Playing in snow drifts, giggling and squealing as they played tag. Quickly running closer when he realized who it was. "Mystique? Mystique? It's Cera!" Thrilled to see her again, bright smile taking over his face. He hadn't seen her since that day, and he found it rather sad. But she was here now!
Image by Alex
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Unregistered
[Thank you so much for joining in this! And sure that would be great! Mystique really liked Cera and Yol so please feel free to any thread Cera is welcome in! Midas and anyone else that knows Cera is also welcome And nooo you don't have to delete this. Like I said feel free anytime to come in. Thanks again for replying]

The familiar voice of Cera traveled through the air. She heard he name being called. Turning around in an instance she saw Cera. "Cera!" She cried as she ran happily over to him. Giving a loud whinny she ran up to him and put her muzzle onto his. She figured this was a nice way to greet her friend. She was thrilled to see him. She had missed the last time they met when they had so much fun!

Again, she was so happy to see him she said "I can't believe your here! I hoped I could see you again one day." She smiled at him as her legs ached from running so fast to see him. Then she realized he must be apart of this herd. She simply asked "Are you a part of this herd? I was hoping that I could maybe become part to." She smiled at him gleefully. She hoped he would be a part of this herd as well.
[Sorry for the lack of words, I am just soo tired haha :P )

[[No problemo! Cera and Mystique can buddy around anytime <'3 she's welcome in any of his threads as well!]]

Snowy filly turned at the sound of his voice, and recognition entered her eyes when they laid upon his form. Crying his name in joy as she ran to him. Cera nickered happily and met her there, muzzles brushing and reacquainting. In their time apart her smell had not changed, sweet and pure as ever. It was wonderful to see her again, he had missed her greatly and was overjoyed to see her in the Throat a second time. Yol was hard to catch, and Cera had few other friends his age. Mystique was a surprise he deeply enjoyed.

"Me too! I missed you, Mystique!" Nibbling her forelock in a friendly gesture. Stepping away to look at her curiously when asked if he was in the herd. Smiling endearingly and nodding. "Yup! Of course you can! I'm sure it will be ok!" Wondering who he should call, if anyone. Most Pegasi were allowed within the Throat without acceptance from Kri, and she seemed awfully busy. Cera didn't know Leander well either.
Image by Alex

Unregistered
[ Why, thank you <3 And if you want I can make another thread for them in other areas. If you would like to, which area of Helovia would you prefer? :D]

Cera was such a nice friend to her. He made her laugh and feel important. Smiling she nibbled back at his forelock. As he said "Yup! Of course you can! I'm sure it will be okay." she squealed with joy. She nuzzled into his neck quickly saying "Yay! Thank you Cera! This will be so much fun!." Suddenly the thought of Yol also jumped into her mind. "Is Yol a part of your herd also?" she asked politely. She hoped he was to for she also enjoyed his company, but Cera seemed to be the type who would be her friend. A friend that would stick with her until the end, a true friend.

All of this excitement made her thirsty again. "Cera, I'm sort of thirsty again would you like to go to the river to get a drink?" She looked hopeful to him. Her throat parched from all the talking. Even though it was winter, she still got warm very easily. She really did enjoy the frosty snow that lightly covered the floors of the deserts. She now figured out what the white mushy stuff was. It was called snow. She hadn't known for a while, but recently figured it out over hearing a conversation. She really hoped that Cera would go to the river because she was so thirsty.

[[Of course :D hmmm not too far from the Throat...Thistle Meadow, Deep Forest, Endless Blue, etc~]]

Playfully lowering sandy head to meet her lips with a soft laugh. Enjoying her squeal as she rejoiced in his words. It was nice to bring that light to her face. Nuzzling over her shoulders as she brushed her face over the arch of his neck. Reminding him quickly of the other colt they had played with, the pegasus draft Yol. As he recalled, he was practicing as a medic while Cera trained under Bazilisk. "Yes! He is here." Tail flickering excitedly. It was nice that Mystique could join their company again.

Mystique mentioned that she was rather thirsty and Cera remembered his own reasons for venturing towards the water. "Of course! I'm thirsty too," laughing at himself for forgetting this fact despite it driving him out of his sleep. Nudging Mystique playfully into the direction of the oasis, tucking his wings in neatly and trotting along with her. "It's nice to have you back Mystique!" Nudging her playfully with twinkling emerald eyes.
Image by Alex
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Another day came, but this morning was less dreary then previous ones. He left Cera to make morning rounds, keen on returning to surprise the youth with a day of relaxation and perhaps a trip outside their sleepy hovel. Everything was pointing toward a quiet morning and afternoon, heavy ivory beat on either side. The only sound for miles was the steady rhythm of wing and a faint whinny from bordering patrols, both wingless and feathered. Warming air took his kind into the skies once again.

Birdsong was nearing, it wouldn’t be long before he and Cera could head out for flying lessons. It was both a proud moment and a sad one; memories still lingered from his first son. But, the sandy patched cherub was different; less brash and more readily willing to learn. Midas hadn’t broken the happy news to his colt yet, he was waiting for the time to be right.

Banking sharply with limps striking virgin air he circled the valley twice before finding satisfaction and turned toward home. Bottomless pools easily spotted his child among shallow trees, and a small figure Midas didn’t recognize. Alighting sharply, a loud snort emerged, feathers jutted back with limps pressing forward to absorb shock and distribute his weight. Muscles shifted almost instantly upon touching down, closing his bulky wings. A common smile, normal for him creased the corners of his maternal face. “Cera, you’ve been making friends,” closing the distance between them Midas lowered muzzle and gently nibbled forelock, “Who is this?” kind gaze turned to the slightly older filly, realizing that no Throat essence lingered on her pelt.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered
[ Okay, I will make a thread for them in the meadows and then we can go to other places :D)

Her eyes shimmered as it reflected the water's presence. Time was on her side this time. Usually it ran against her. Each month she aged, she had grown more sad. Her parents abandoned her leaving her to grow up by herself. Not knowing who they are and where they are.

Her expression was happy as for he said Yol, her other firend, was also here. She smiled with glee with a little whinny. "Yay! That's exciting to!" She tugged on his mane playfully. She really enjoyed Cera's company. He was a fun friend. She knew that they would have many adventures together and she couldn't wait for them to begin!

Her smile quickly turned into a frown as she saw in the reflection in front of her a strongly built, male pegasi. She had never dealt with an older horse before. Especially a pegasi. Her gaze turned worried, as she backed up at a submissive posture. Leaning her head low to the ground her ears were pinned to her head as he curious face could tell it all. Cera didn't seem to be scared at all though. Actually she thought that he might know Cera. His friendly gaze met hers. She couldn't move still though. She knew he was stronger, faster, and more clever than she so if he tried to hurt her she would be dead meat. She gulped sightly ansdquietly said "Huh.. Hello sir."

Mystique seemed sad, almost withdrawn for a moment. Cera stepped closer to comfort her, but it was not needed. She grew lively and vibrant once again upon discovering their friend Yol also lived in the Throat. The colt missed the grey fellow, and was saddened that he couldn't see him as much despite living in close proximity. Distracted by her pulling playfully at his Kane. Giggling and turning his head to lip at her ear, always careful. 

Cera noticed Midas first. Mystique wasn't used to always eyeing the sky, something Cera did frequently. He longed to fly but was content where he was at the moment. Midas landed gracefully before them, warm smile on his face. Cera squealed in delight and ran to him, pressing slim patched shoulder to his father's. Giggling as his forelock was brushed and nibbled. Reaching up to press excited little welcoming kisses to his jaw, bumping his head up against his neck happily. "You're here! Daddy get out early?" Hope shining out through his face. Remembering Mystique when Midas spoke, seeing her shy away unsurely and frowning in confusion. Was she scared of Midas? But why? Cera turned towards her and  rushed her side with his wing, smiling reassuringly.  "This is my daddy! He's really nice! Daddy this is Mystique! She wanna live here too!" Bouncing excitedly back to Midas, one ear still trained on Mystique. Trying to show with his actions that his father was harmless. Dancing happily in front of the stallion, enjoying the gift of his presence during his work hours. 
Image by Alex
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Cera gleefully came over and butted cranium against his neckline, fondly he lavished the child with nuzzles of affection only pausing when excited and hopeful question trailed to tickle his senses, "You're here! Daddy get out early?" responding beam widened, and a rich chuckle vibrated his chest leaving tone humored enough to speak in agreement, “This day is for us to use.” Cera’s friend didn’t seem to favor him during first impression, "Huh..Hello sir." He looked upon the filly with gentle features, responding to fear with tenderness in both gaze and expression, “could this be another lost child?” He wondered sadly.

Sandy cherub took every opportunity to express happiness and childhood delight. It was still amazing to him that his presence had such a strong effect; Cera was the joy, and pride of his life; even though blood remained separated somehow the little Pegasus had captured heart tenfold over the past few months.

"This is my daddy! He's really nice! Daddy this is Mystique! She wanna live here too!"

Mystique richly he responded, “Good morning dear one, my name is Midas,” He didn’t see many reasons that would prevent a foal from joining their ranks, except for one, “Where are your parents Mystique?” So many parentless youth made his conscious hurt, but what could be done to correct foolish parents?

Unregistered
She nudged closer to Cera's comforting warmth. She felt protected in his beautiful wings. Daddy? she thought. Oh, this was Cera's dad! She grew much more comfortable now knowing that he wasn't a threat to her or Cera. She wasn't built for flight. She was built for flight (but running). Coming towards Midas she bowed her head gracefully and then said "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir." Her gaze turned into a slight smile. Wow, it must be great to have a dad like him... She thought.

Stepping a slight step closer to Midas she said "Are you the leader of the herd?" Her gaze turned to Cera. He looked hysterical! His face had a huge grin on it. Almost like he was proud. It totally ruined her serious gaze. She burst out laughing. She was laughed so hard, that she almost lost her balance. She leaned of Cera for support. Her knees felt tingly and weak. What was she doing? She needed to stop acting like a fool. She slowly stopped herself from laughing and looked towards Cera's dad, Midas. He spoke to her kindly as he asked “Where are you parents Mystique.” Her heart sunk as she heard that. Her eyes filled with little trickles of tears as she looked down to speak. “I.. I don’t know. They abandoned me shortly after I was born. Since I didn’t have parents, I was forced to teach myself how to survive on my own.” Her eyes flickered towards Midas’s. Giving him a slight smile, she nudged closer to Cera.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Timid and curious as any other foal, she approached him with dipped muzzle and pleasant greeting; to which he returned with warm tenderness glowing within deep endless golden pools. It broke spirit when his job was to accept children. At least this one didn’t seem completely lost—having at least his child as a friend, "Are you the leader of the herd?" her question made him chuckle richly, “Nah, little one; I am but a humble General.” He held no desire to participate in open politics—sparing, patrols, and other duties kept plate well filled on the underling end.

For a moment the air between them was filled with gladness, her fear fled with the evening and bloomed into something he was more used to. Childish laughter lightened features immensely; there was something deeply relaxing about the giddiness of small ones. That was, until he asked that knowing question that every adult asks when stumbling across a child, “I.. I don’t know. They abandoned me shortly after I was born. Since I didn’t have parents, I was forced to teach myself how to survive on my own.”

Her head lowered, eyes tilted away from him; small tears threated escape from a floodgate he held no desire to patch in its entirety. Instead, Midas moved a step closer to the two and extended velvet soft muzzle outward, intended on nuzzling her forehead as he had Cera’s if she would permit the comfort, “Fear not, you are welcome to make Dragon Throat home,” exhaling a held breath, “Many adults live in this desert, I shall help you find one that will make suitable parent. “ Midas knew of many that could shelter a youngling quite easily.

Painted father nuzzled and showered him with similar affection, and Cera was beyond thrilled when assured that the day was open for them to share. Tiny filly moved closer to him, wing draped over her as he had with Wanyecha. It was becoming easy for him to provide warmth and comfort that way, like a hug. It was hard to bounce between Midas and Mystique, wishing to be beside the both of them. But either way, Mystique seemed comforted by the fact that Midas was his father and relaxed. She bowed to him, which Cera found rather strange. He knew Midas was the General, but he saw him as his father instead and didn't recognize the acknowledgement.

Giggling softly to himself when she asked if he was the leader and Midas kindly denied it. Then she caught sight of his grin and fell into laughter, and the colt couldn't help but join her. She leaned on him for support and he held her upright, giggling to himself while she completely succumbed to the laughter. Her sadness hurt him, knowing the pain of being abandoned. Tightening his wing around her and brushing her muzzle from where he stood at her side. Midas stepped forward to comfort her, and Cera felt a twinge of jealousy that had him looking stupidly at the forest, wondering what it was. Smiling encouragingly at Mystique when Midas said she had a home in the Throat. Remaining quiet, knowing Midas had more to say almost instinctively. Feeling almost relieved that Midas was not taking Mystique into their family. Mystique was his best friend, but he couldn't think of sharing Midas. It made his stomach roil and his heart squeeze in pain. Reaching up to touch Midas' cheek, eyes conflicted with those emotions but smiling at him. He didn't speak, knowing Mystique would be happy to be accepted, and instead smiled silently at Midas. Showing all his love through his eyes, feeling he needed to remind Midas for no reason.
Image by Alex

Unregistered
Midas's kind words made the filly feel welcomed. The way he talked to her was like someone had really never before. A kind tone, but knowing so much... he was almost like the most amazing horse she had ever met, well other than Cera. Cera was her best friend and she was ecstatic that Cera wanted to accept her into his herd. His wing clenched around her as they talked. It felt really comforting, like a big hug. She really liked this, between both of them she felt safe. [/i] Again, his kind words rang kindly into her ears. She smiled at him happily. "Well, I think a general might even be better than a leader. It's a very nice rank." She smiled at him kindly.

His soft muzzle reached for her forehead. His kind gesture stunned her for a second because she wasn't expecting it, but his touch was soft and warming. Taking a step closer she nuzzled into his muzzle. It was such a kind gesture Midas had made for her. She had never been nuzzled by someone before. Well, other than Cera, but she meant an adult. When the moment had with drawn, she placed her neck back towards Cera's for she could tell he was getting jealous. He really loved his daddy, and how lucky was he to have one as great as Midas? Cera was! Keeping it to herself, should would tell Cera later on how lucky he was to have Midas.

"Fear not, you are welcome to make Dragon Throat home,” then exhaling a held breath he spoke again “Many adults live in this desert, I shall help you find one that will make suitable parent." Her heart rose again as Midas said she was welcome to the Dragon's Throat. It was home he said. And then he said that someone could possibly could about her? Mystique's eyes turned bright as he said that "Sir, I would truly love that! Being here with Cera would be the best day ever! And a parent?" A leap came into her as she threw herself against Midas's chest. He was much taller so she could only hug her him. Nuzzling into him she whispered "Thank you, Midas."
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
His confidence in finding a new home for the little filly was perhaps excessive. With so many parentless children filtering in, their excessive numbers left very few suitable guardians to replace parents lost…..guardians that could suitably provide for a spontaneous child. Just as before, Midas was reminded of his own skills as a father; doubt had already passed from his mind long ago. Cera’s and his relationship forged into an unbreakable bond—despite work keeping time short. Muzzle rose from the little filly, "Sir, I would truly love that! Being here with Cera would be the best day ever! And a parent?"

Laughing softly at her innocent exuberance Midas smiled and nodded once, her small body flew beside him in an embrace. Feathers flared from his sides, muzzle angled down to cross fillies lean framed spine and return thankful affection, "Thank you, Midas." Drawing her close for a moment, he returned gently, “Your welcome, Mystique.”

Pulling away with raised face the fatherly general took a moment to glance at his son. Muzzle extended and bumped along the gangly colts shoulder playfully, eyes shone with hidden humor reserved only for him, “You have been doing good in showing her around Oasis.” Turning gaze back to ivory colored filly Midas reminded, “It would be wise to stay within your new home…..until we find a suitable guardian.” Even then he frowned upon youth leaving the Throat unguarded.

Lynx Posts: 73
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15 :: 5
Shoikan

Lynx
Hope and pray that you never need me, but rest assured I will not let you down.

Laughter and voices drift to the patrolling stallion, and black-rimmed ears swivel to catch the distant sounds. Intrigued, he shifts his path to intersect with the merry sounding group, lengthening his stride into an easy canter. The smooth gait is less jarring to the black hook of his horn, the deformity growing through his face a constant discomfort. As he nears, he wonders if he should turn away, leave the small gathering without interruption, but the familiar form of a caramel pegasus colt reassures him. He had grown rather fond of Cera during their earlier meeting, and the sentiment seemed to be shared. The little white filly also served as a lure, drawing in the stallion who had a rather large soft spot for children.

Lynx slows himself to a walk, not wishing to charge too close and risk upsetting the painted stag that seems to be the caretaker of the two foals. Head is slightly lowered, a silent signal that he was not there to do harm, and he stops a respectful distance away, leaving it up to the gathering to include or shun him. A quick smile is directed to Cera, even though he knows that the colt will probably introduce him as ‘Kitty’. He supposes it doesn’t much matter what he is called, and Kitty seemed kind compared to some of the other monikers he’d born over the years.

OOC: Hope you guys don't mind him showing up.

Unregistered
[OOC: No, thanks so much for joining! <3 I just have to wait for Cera and then Midas to post :D ]

Compliments flowed kindly from Mystique, though she fell quiet as Midas touched her gently upon the brow. Almost as if stunned by the fact someone could touch her so kindly and comfortingly. Cera couldn't judge her, and in fact understood precisely what she was experiencing. After his abandonment, and subsequent discovery of Midas, he had been nearly starved of touch. Each time Midas brushed, nuzzled, or nipped him playfully was like a comforting and healing kiss to his frightened heart. As if sensing his rising emotions, Mystique moved closer to him and soothed him. Cera was rather distraught by this change inside of his breast, couldn't figure out for the life of him what it was or forebode for him.

Excitement was nearly tangible when Midas revealed that he would willingly search the Throat for parents for Mystique. Cera smiled as he watched her jump towards Midas, overcome by her gratitude. Cera hung back, remembering once upon a time a meeting with a curious woman and a rather intelligent filly. He had hardly spoken then, and felt the same quiet feeling creep up on him. Feeling like he was dissolving and drifting away pleasantly. Brought back with a start as Midas nudged his shoulder, bringing emeralds up to meet gold. Smiling as something completely their passed silently between their eyes. Nearly glowing at the praise, smiling and flustered but heart swelling.

Presence of another registers in his mind, golden color drawing eyes away to glance at him. Recognizing the form immediately as Kitty. Excitement of his own bringing his entire posture up as tall as it could go, twirling around and running for the stallion. "Kitty!" Jumping and prancing as he neared him, brushing shoulders together and reaching his neck up to gently touch his muzzle to the older male's cheek. Drawing and herding him towards the small group, running around in circles and pushing gently at his hindquarters in his excitement. Eyes moving to Midas with a big smile. "Daddy! This is Kitty! Kitty, this is Daddy! Mystique, this is Kitty!" Knowing already of the stallion's inability to speak and jumping straight into the introductions.
Image by Alex
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Sand granules shifted when a new weight sunk forward to be accepted within their trio; pointing gaze took liberty to rise and travel the morning hues in search of disturbance. Honeyed tones took note of an approaching figure, ebony nostrils flared to pluck offered essence from virgin air….though, after only a moment of deliberation a welcoming smile slide across his muzzle. The golden lad was readily recognized as a Solider under Throat command, “Greetings brother,” Midas corded out. Limbs tensed with right forehoof taking a positive step forward-- toward disfigured warrior’s direction.

Cera had caught sight and was bouncing outward to greet with steam turned to full throttle. Features moved to amusement but wary of reaction from their stranger, lord could only tell how others would react to overly exerted foals. Patched father held a quiet calm as child spoke introductions, "Daddy! This is Kitty! Kitty, this is Daddy! Mystique, this is Kitty!"

Still wearing a smile that turned slightly apologetic as parents sometimes do, tenured voice warmly added a question, “Do you have something to report Sir?” Such ponderings where automatic in assuming that something was amiss within their home—he was still ever thinking like a General….even when duties had been completed for a days end. Midas was unaware of the name his brother in arms worn, and his sons ever curious nickname wasn’t’ something he felt proper in using.

Unregistered
Mystique's body shifted as Cera's comforting grip released as he went to greet a stranger. Her eyes were drawn to this stallion as Cera made his way towards him. Examining him, she took a closer look to this stallion. His kind eyes seemed to smile at Cera, as Cera’s image reflected in his honey-brown orbs. His pelt was a deep golden-brown, his mane and tail, complimented his coat for they had a deeper brown hue. He had dark stockings that match his banners on all four legs and black rims run down the edges of his listening ears. Midas stepped forward as he saw this stranger greeting him “Greetings brother,” Was this stranger Midas’s brother? Mystique was all confused on what to think, but soon enough she knew she was going to find out who this stallion was.

Cera exploded with energy as he screamed the name “Kitty” to the honey colored stallion. His features lit up as he greeted Kitty. He didn’t look like a kitty to Mystique, but some parents come up with crazy names. “Daddy! This is Kitty! Kitty, this is Daddy! Mystique, this is Kitty.” Mystique walked up to this stranger, giving him a lovely smile. Mystique bowed her head slightly, with a graceful arch in her creamy colored neck. “It is very nice to meet you… kitty.” Mystique wasn’t sure if she should call him Kitty or sir, but she just did what Cera called him. Although, she was confused because Midas called him sir, so what was she to call him? Mystique's thoughts were suddenly disrupted as she heard the ringing tone of Midas “Do you have something to report Sir?” Was Kitty part of our herd? He sort of smelled like he was. That familiar scent of the throat streamed down her nostrils. Hopefully, he was. Mystique really liked him even though she just met him. He was just kind, the way his eyes looked as each horse talked to him. Mystique couldn’t figure out why he hadn’t talked yet?