the Rift

Plagued with Rust [Psyche]

Stellaluna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Stellaluna
From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.

The rusty mare wandered. But she refused to believe she was lost. Each step drained another ounce of energy, but something called to the mare, urged her forward another step. The cold bitterness of this year's frostfall seeped into her fur, attempting to twist her cream mane into knots. Her golden eyes danced, catching the remaining light the day had to offer. If she could call it light- the illumination could barely produce more than a haze through the clouds. She looked for anything, evaluating her surroundings. The steppe provided little cover for predators, so she could easily spot danger coming from a mile away, but at the same time there was nowhere for her to retreat should trouble cast it's glance upon her.

Her ears swiveled, attempting to catch any noise over the constant wind. She finally came to a stop. Perhaps she should stop being so stubborn and admit she had no idea where she was, and was certain she had wandered so many circles that she would never be able to make her way back to where she had come from. But she was not a coward, she would not flee to cozy safety. Nothing but death and fowl memories plagued her past, and she was not about to dance back into pain's arms. Scowling she dipped her head, using the higher of her dual horns to pick a rock from beneath her toes. Her normally glittering hooves held little contrast to her coat, both of which were coated in an unsightly film of dust. If only this godforsaken steppe was a bit warmer with a river or the like to bathe in. She wasn't a sissy, no- but unicorns were noble creatures, and should always look presentable. She huffed, and rolled her eyes, truly believing she was the only animal dumb enough to just wander out into an icy wasteland. A laugh then bubbled up from her core, and she tossed her softly sculpted head. Unicorns dumb? Ha! Perhaps she had spent too long in the cold. She began moving along again, hopeful she would find another horned beast to share her company with.

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

She had come to the conclusion that to be lost was to be lacking. If she were to wander around willy-nilly, not paying the least bit of attention to where she was going, or maybe if she had never been taught how to find her way, then she would be lacking a sense of direction or perhaps an interest in her surroundings. Or if her mind meandered on its own path, taking her unwillingly through unwanted memories or unwarranted daydreams, she was lacking control of herself. It was this problem with which she found herself more often than not, these days. Ever since Mauja's disappearance and her subsequent promotion, she had found herself thinking, ever thinking, constant plans and emotions and questions tumbling around her cranium in an incessant cacophony of everything there ever was for anyone to think about. Or so she felt.

Was she lost? The strange little stallion she had met only a few days previously had seemed to think so. Wing-Hunter, he had called her, his multi-colored body disappearing amongst the drifts, only to pop back out again, a strange game of hide and seek, question and answer. Had she emerged from the meeting with answers? She was unsure. But then, she always was, these days. She sighed, and a puff of moisture from her nostrils materialized in the frigid air for a moment before wafting away in the wind. She watched it go, silent, then resumed her march. Psyche the Winghunter, she thought, and it amused her, her private name.

A little speck moved in the distance, and the shadow-mare pricked her lobes, her attention caught. Finally, something for distract her from those oh-so-persistent thoughts rattling around in her head. A cruel smile played on her lips. Perhaps it would be a trespasser, and she would be able to punish them for daring wander into her realm. It was odd that she would regard it as such, as hers, when she vehemently clung to a deeply rooted hatred of the Steppe. But maybe this was simply a part of her ascension to power. She may hate it, but it was hers, and she would protect it with her dying breath. At least until something better came along.

The speck, she saw upon her approach, turned out to be a pretty golden unicorn mare. She had a dark pelt covered with amber dapples, a creamy banner, darkened at the tips. Black spiral horns protruded from her forehead, causing the wing-hunter to greet the newcomer with a smile. It was a smile devoid of true happiness, as hers always were, and rather poisonously sweet, but it was a smile nonetheless. She seemed to be a bit unkept, as though she had traveled quite the distance. But no matter, she was new blood, and she was pure blood, and this was all that the shadow-mare required. "Well, hello, dear," she told the golden girl, her tones a bit too sweet, just the slightest bit seductive. "Might I ask what brings you to my home on such a lovely day as this?"

[W/C | 510]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Unregistered
Stellaluna

Just when she believed she was truly alone, a voice smooth as honey echoed in her ears. Her head snapped around, soon followed by her body. Her front hooves slammed into the frozen terra, and one cloven hoof scraped the ground soon after. She poised her horns at the form that closed in on her, ready to fight. But as the dark mare approached, Stellaluna truly evaluated her voice and determined that, in the direct present, the other unicorn posed no thread. She raised her head, her golden pools now directed at the mare instead of her horns. But her eyes contradicted themselves - Their warm amber hue gave a cold glare.

She scanned the mare before her. At first, the mare seemed unremarkable, her black pelt reflecting the fading light. But by further evaluation, several things caught her attention. Rested on her forehead was something she didn't recognize. She scrutinized the rune for a moment, but soon moved her eyes past the horn upon the mare's head. Woven within her mane were feathers, and, were those teeth? This mare perplexed Stellaluna, and she decided she must learn more. A smile spread across the lips of the mare, but though something seemed... off about it, the dappled unicorn ignored it. The voice that greeted Stellaluna's ears was smooth and sweet, aluring almost. It reminded her of a snake, hypnotizing it's prey before striking.

"Perhaps we do not walk the same path, stranger," Stellaluna spoke, her warm and lacking the poison of her current companion. By no means overly friendly, but it became apparent that she walked right into another unicorn's, and possibly a dangerous herd's, territory. She would not have her blood wet the earth simply because she showed no manners. "I see nothing lovely about this bitter day. But, alas, it seems as though I have wandered into your home. I didn't notice any markings on my journey to bring me to the assumption this territory was claimed. So I assume I best provide an excuse for my presence.

"I am simply a wanderer. I owe no allegiance to any specific creature or band. The only thing that tempts me further is a promise I made myself."
If dancing on the bones and blood of pegasi counts as a promise. She gave a small laugh. "I assure you, I pose no risk to the land or herd you protect. I am simply seeking more of my kind who share my ideals. Perhaps if that is what you can offer me, I would proudly offer my skills to your land. And if not, perhaps you can point me in the proper direction." Should this black mare take her offer as an insult, she would have to be quick to strike or flee. She took a small step back, but her head still remained proud upon her arched neck.

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

dyslexaphobia.deviantart.com | rayodesoleil.deviantart.com

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

She knows that her persona is a bit off-putting, and yet she does nothing to change it. Perhaps she likes making others uncomfortable, or forcing their guard up. And perhaps she is foolish; would she not be better off winning over newcomers, coaxing them to her side? But no: they were either with her, or they weren't. If they would not align with her beliefs, she would hold against them no grudge, unless they insisted on consorting with the impure, as her dear brother Paladin did. Ugh. Just the thought of he and that broodmare of his, Soleil, and their many, many children made her shudder. How could he stand to touch such an inferior creature, much less claim love for her and sire her children? Disgusting.

The mare in front of her spoke in polite, but firm tones, implying that while she was no pushover, she was aware that she was the intruder in the situation. Oh, she may not truly be labelled as such, seeing as the Steppe was an open land, but the shadow-mare was rather firm in her belief that the land was hers. "Oh, silly me," she conceded, "I suppose it's not really home, more a temporary point of interest. Regardless, such a lovely creature of my own kind is always welcome here. Do walk with me, dear." She smiled again, and it was a tad more friendly this time, though her tones remained alluring.

The fae's words had hinted at racism, but the jackal had no interest in playing such politically correct games. "I can offer you more than just a home, dearie," she informed her new companion, turning to head for the safety of the herd. How she could tell the proper direction or make out any landmarks in this gods-forsaken land, no one would ever know, but she did. It had become easy over the course of Frostfall. Hooves picked up, skimming the top of the snow drifts. She had found this was easier than trying to shuffle or plow through the stuff. It was light today; it only came up to her pastern in most places. "Not everyone who resides here feels as strongly as I, but I do have several who have pledged their allegiance to what I'm sure you would agree is a noble cause. We, the superior race, will one day reign supreme, and I'm sure that one such as yourself would be most helpful in getting there."

[W/C | 410]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Unregistered
Stellaluna

The black mare invited her to walk, and Stellaluna agreed silently. Keeping a respectful distance, both to be polite and to protect herself, she kept stride with the mare. Hearing her words felt rejuvenating. "I see we have much in common, dear stranger. It is surprising to me that, from your words, you have a herd sharing these same ideals. I can only imagine why a band of strong unicorns have no land to claim for themselves, if this land isn't truly yours. Her ears listened intently to the black fae's riddles. "Please, tell me more of this group you speak of. If it is for eliminating those who feel they own the air we breathe, then I am yours." A small laugh bubbled from her throat. Certainly Stellaluna would never be anyone's. Perhaps some day she would carry a foal, but she was her own creature. But her words got the point across. The more the merrier when it came to making those wretched bird brains suffer. It was her favorite game, making a strong pegasus stallion fall in love, then bringing him to his knees, breaking his hearts, then his neck. Her heart fluttered, the thought exciting.

"I am Stellaluna. I am not from here. But I'm sure your pegasi are the same as all the others. I am a warrior, and though my size may be smaller, the fury in my heart burns as strong as the largest bird-brained beast." She thought for a moment, knowing that this band may be a one way trip. She was a loner, an outcast. She belonged to no one. But maybe this is what she needed. "Are you the leader of this group? I would love to see the way your clan works, see where I may fit in. If, at least, that was an invitation you offered.

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

The mare's inquiry turned her mood sour. She fought hard to keep the memories of a rather embarrassing defeat in their own territory out of her mind, but it seemed that it was something she could not escape. Luckily, she had not been in charge then, and so she could place the blame on her predecessor. The thoughts of Mauja clamored for attention, but she pushed them back; she was busy, and they were interrupting. Frankly, if he could not be there when he was needed most, she had no use for him, though perhaps that was her grief talking. "It is a rather unfortunate story, really," she informed the mare. "My predecessor failed to properly protect our kin. The land that was once ours is now tainted by impurity, and so we reside here to regain our strength."

And it was going well, regaining strength. They had recruited many who shared their views, and even those who were old hands at the game they played thirsted for the blood of those who had ousted them. The mare introduced herself, and her obvious distaste for the inferior species brought a smile to her lips. In return, she offered the following explanation: "I am Psyche, and I am indeed the leader of this organization. We are called the Plague, and we thirst for the blood of any who do not share our superior heritage. Our skyrats, I'm sure, are no different that those in the land from which you came, and our hornless are even worse." Disgust colored her vocals. "We would welcome you to our group, dear Stellaluna. I'm sure that you would prove yourself a wonderful asset."

[W/C | 278]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Unregistered
Stellaluna

Stellaluna listened to Psyche's words, and scowled upon hearing of the failure of their lead. "How unfortunate. I wish the best upon you to succeed in his or her failed hoof prints. But, I would love to fight along side you to purge your stolen home. The fact that the impure could eject a herd of unicorns from their lands unsettled her. How big was this herd, and how weakened were they before the battle? Stellaluna hoped that, perhaps something else had happened, and there was a decent explaination. But that time was not now. Stellaluna could sense the bitterness in Pshyche's words, and she was smart enough to know now was not the best time to press the black mare for information.

Venom dripped from the black mare's following statements. Stellaluna nodded solemnly. "The Plague..." she murmered, tasting the word as it rolled across her tongue. A smile landed upon her lips. I will serve your cause well, my leader. She dropped down into a small bow. It was truly a sign of loyalty from her, a sign of trust. Stellaluna's heart raced. This would be her chance to make the pegasi suffer. Psyche was now her queen, for a lack of better words. She would move up, fight for rank, fight to help lead the revolution.

She stood, meeting the eyes of Psyche. "Please, darling, lead me to your place of safety and rest. We will discuss this more on the way."

OOC:: We can probably end this thread. Is everyone meeting in the Plague/Prisoners thread, or is there somewhere else?::

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
[OOC | There is a herd meeting [here] that you may skim through/reply to if you'd like, though it's more or less over now. And the Plague/prisoners thread would be a perfect place to jump right in! I'll get you added to the secret room as well. And if you have a Skype account, we have a Skype group to plot in. :3]