the Rift

Coming out of my cage, And I've been doing just f i n e..{Murdock}

Kelso Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Fe l l i n l.o.v.e b y t h e s.p.r.i.n.g t i m e
" A N D B Y W I N T E R , Y O U E N D E D IT A L L ... "

The day rolled in with the break of morning. The weather was cold, but the sun shone bright upon the the white coated meadow. It was above the view that the leather winged stallion sat; limbs curled to his rusty hued flank as he rested in a large rough nest of hard twigs and other foliage, set upon the branches of a magnificently tall, but sickly and barren looking oak. A bird that twittered past him, caught the bays senses, one charr tipped aud flicking back. Reluctantly, he allowed the nature around him to lull the brute from his dreams, azure view fluttering open beneath thick lashes. The sight before his raised head was breathtaking, and all too depressing at the same time. It seemed that Frostfall has still yet to give any signs of ceasing, even it's time of late, but the buck tried hard not to think ill of the Gods for the banishment of their brother. They certainly deserved enough respect as to not question their reasoning.

Kelso's jaw stretched, and a yawn was given prior to full awakening. Sights set upon the earth, the bay rose to his feet, shook frames desire to stay idle, and let bat like appendages take him down to the snowy ground. With back irons landing first into the icey meadow, the pegasus was quick to notice a change from yesterday in it's consistency. Has it gotten thinner? The ivory substance seemed to weakly cling around the equid's fetlocks, as opposed to the strong thick clumps he'd grown accustomed to. Optics took a glance around the area, and the man allowed the brusque wings he'd been clutching nervously to own bay flanks, to relax. It was doubted he'd see any nice ladies make their way out to these parts. Not until Birdsong had it's way with the seasons.

(Still trying to get accustomed to Kel, bare with me. lol)

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

M U R D O C K
If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

The first colours of dawn spread swiftly across the sky, painting the bright heavens anew with pastel shades. The air was cold, as it had been for many days now with the banishment of the sun, and thick frost clung to the dark branches of twisted trees. The sun’s rays, though diluted and weak, held a certain warmth that had seemed to eat away at the snow, thinning the heavy white blanket to expose the greenery below. Murdock nosed along through the snow, pushing aside the icy mounds to get at what little fresh vegetation he could.

For the past few weeks in Helovia, he had been eating little but dry twigs and browned leaves; the green grass was a welcome change. Pawing some of the snow aside, he foraged his way out into the field. Glancing up, he looked out at the horizon, noticing the single tall oak that seemed to stand above the rest. Frowning slightly, he took note of what appeared to be a giant nest within the higher branches of the ancient tree.

Curious, Murdock wandered forwards to investigate, quickening his pace until he settled into an easy lope. The fresh air stung his lungs as he ran, snow kicking up about his heels as he neared the tree. Drawing up close to it, he watched as a dark shape descended from the nest, coming to rest lightly in the snow. His interest peaking, Murdock slowed to a trot to bring him steadily towards the stranger.

“Morning!” he called out, a note of wariness upon his voice. This stallion was a Pegasus, like him, but his wings were much different. Frowning as he approached the male, he couldn’t help but stare at the leathery appendages relaxed at the stallion’s sides. As he drew nearer, he slowed his pace to a walk, and sidled up to the bat-horse. He smiled crookedly, looking the stranger up and down slowly. “Did you make that?” he asked distractedly, lifting his gaze to study to well-crafted nest above.

"Speak"