the Rift

A Day in the Sand [Open]

Mesir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I galloped across the open sand of the desert I loved so much, the sun beating down pleasantly on my coat. My hooves hit the grains, miniscule bits flying into my face as I skidded to a halt, a wall of sand rising from my feet and crashing to the ground in a mere second. I laughed at my fun, shaking my mane and tail clean of sand, and raising my face to bask in the sun. I felt my magic latch onto the rays and strengthen me after my run. One of my favorite things to do was run across the desert under the bright disk. Tallsun was really all I wanted, but I could settle for the bright afternoons of Frostfall. I snorted from slight exhaustion from my activities and lay down in the sand. I sighed with relief, as my hocks rested for the first time that morning and I rolled over, rubbing my coat in the coarse sand.

A sand mouse darted over my legs curiously, its whiskers twitching as it sniffed my hooves. I smiled at the sweet little rodent who lived in my favorite place. Ah, ‘twas peaceful, lying here in the sun and sand, with this little fella to keep me company, pretending it was not the worst season of them all, when I was at my weakest. Still, I could not deny that I was slightly lonely. There was no one to judge my love of the God of the Sun, scorn me for my impoliteness, and stalk away from me as I stood laughing with little compassion. There was really no fun to be had, screwing with others and watching their tails flick in annoyance and hooves shift impatiently. I rose, again shaking sand from my coat and locks. My blue eyes scanned the horizon. Yes, I was utterly alone, with no one to tease and annoy, hell, even become friends with. I snorted with amusement at the thought of myself having friends. What did I need of friends who only complained about my attitude and secretly hated me for worshiping my god? I did not need another soul to keep me company when I had my god by my side.

The sand mouse cocked its head at me, and I was suddenly annoyed with it, being so miniscule and weak by my hooves. I lifted one menacingly over its tiny frame, and with a terrified squeak it scurried away across the sand.

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
The blazing sun beat down on his face like a fiery touch of the burning grains of sands. His hooves burned with every stride. Although, he was used to this. The wind swiveled through his mane and tail making them dance as he ran. The sands were starting to heat up again. Even though they weren't barley as hot as they could be he had just gotten back from the steppes. His frost bitten hooves stung like a snake's venom. The pain that took over, and finally came in for the kill.

The familiar scent of Mesir rose into his nasal passages. His head cocked to the side, for he was in a great confusion. The last time he had met with Mesir, he and she had not gotten along. Well, they did sort of in a weird way. Mesir flirted with his charm as he was raged with more play. He was mean to her as she spit fire at his plush mane. Why would she do that? He thought. I wasn't arrogant to her... well until she challenged me to.

He followed the scent to where he halted immediately when finding her. She lay, lame on the ground. Her body smoothed into the sandy grains. Her presence angered him. Why was she here now, she had left for a while and now she decides to show her pretty face? Not on my watch He thought. With that he set off to go greet her once again.