the Rift

Torture Me Please (Psyche)

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

An interesting turn of events, and one that almost vexed her, in its own way. She had assumed that he had feelings for her; in fact, she had depended on the presence of such feelings to ensure his loyalty. Perhaps a flawed plan, but she had not expected such a strong declaration of feelings from a stallion who, despite the markings on his pelt, had not seemed capable of interested in such devotion. This was something she had depended on as well, she realized: that he, like her, would not experience the traditional concept of love, instead trading the emotion for a mutually beneficial partnership, with no feelings involved, no chance for pain or loss or weakness. But she had been wrong.

What else had she been wrong about?

But it was too late now; she had spoken, and agreed, and she would, then, stand by her lies to create the facade of calm that pervaded her being. Insane, she may be, this was true, but it was an insanity laced with a cool cruelty that left no room for error, be it from others or from herself. It was worse when it was from herself - this, this was unacceptable, that she could have allowed it to happen. Sure, she would use it to her advantage, but it came with all the complications and unpredictability of a stallion in love. And she'd had quite enough of that. Besides, the only assistance he would provide her would be, perhaps, to garner support amongst his peers. And yes, she needed the support, but she wished that it came without the price.

But everything had a price. This she knew all too well.

Valentine was speaking again, and he voiced all that needed to be said. He returned the affectionate gesture that she had started, and she held his gaze calmly, silently. Let that be enough. "It's quite alright, darling," she told him sweetly, her voice almost a croon. "I was simply going to suggest a new rank for you. I think it will be a better fit for your skills, and it will keep you close." Yes, that was good, it's just for him, to keep him safe, that was the idea that she wanted him to have.

[W/C | 377]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Messages In This Thread
Torture Me Please (Psyche) - by Valentine - 11-26-2012, 11:21 PM
RE: Torture Me Please (Psyche) - by Psyche - 11-27-2012, 08:00 PM
RE: Torture Me Please (Psyche) - by Valentine - 11-28-2012, 12:59 PM
RE: Torture Me Please (Psyche) - by Psyche - 11-28-2012, 02:38 PM
RE: Torture Me Please (Psyche) - by Valentine - 11-28-2012, 04:01 PM
RE: Torture Me Please (Psyche) - by Psyche - 11-28-2012, 06:32 PM
RE: Torture Me Please (Psyche) - by Valentine - 11-29-2012, 07:55 AM