Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Merikh :: Cougar :: Paralyze ali

HISTE</style>
your breathing sounds like the sickest
music playing backwards in my head
</style>

"I knew he was weak. He talked a lot of game but he never delivered."

Histe snorted her agreement as her mother's voice echoed in her head. She hadn't had much faith in Ricochet, either. The little master had been all talk and very little show. The one scuffle she'd had with him had left her very unimpressed with his fighting abilities. The only impressive thing about him was his magic, but even she wouldn't admit that aloud.

"You saw him get run off." the voice snapped. "By a bunch of unicorns."

The muscles in Histe's shoulder twitched at the disgust the voice held. Unlike her mother she wasn't a hardcore racist. She was raised knowing that she was superior to those horned and winged abominations, but she didn't hate just them. She also hated most of her own race because so many of them were weak and believed in peace and equality. The Foothills and their diplomats were sickening as were the other two herds.

A spray of warm blood brought Histe's attention to her cougar companion, Merikh, who had just ripped the throat out of a doe. The brindled mare dipped her head down and licked at the blood that had sprayed across her legs and chest. The salty yet irony tang of it was unique and she found herself liking it as it wasn't the first time she'd tasted the blood from one of Merikh's kills.

"Taste." The cougar growled as he ripped a chunk of meat from the dead animal and dropped it into the snow. Histe eyed the chunk before lowering her head and biting it. The texture, she decided as she chewed, was not all that unwelcome. The meat was warm compared to the icy grass she had been eating for the majority of Frostfall. Blood dripped from her muzzle as she continued to chew the meat her companion had given her.

CREDITS

Mandrake Posts: 53
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 15
Alex

My paws are light, blissfully light and wonderfully deadly, as I prowl across the snow in my second form. Dark silken fur mottled ebony is a glossy shield across my muscled torso, and my tail-tip flicks constantly. Eyes, amber eyes, look out of this face. I enjoy being the huntress, instead of being a silly horse prey to all sorts of predators. I do so enjoy it very much. So much, in fact, I would happily attack a horse myself. A low purr rumbles in my throat, vibrating the crisp air around me.

Snow hardly crinkles under my well-distributed weight as I follow the scent of the doe, the doe that has been killed by a cougar, not that I know it. It was to my surprise that the strong scent of deer was interrupted by that of horse and cat, smelling suspiciously the same. Huh. Whiskers twitch, mouth parts slightly to breathe in the cool air, and my rounded black nose twitches. Quickly and smoothly I slink after the trail, continuing to follow this bizarre trail. I blend into the shadows of the trees well, melting into the darkness, a pool of pretty black, before I emerge into the sunlight. There I see the strangest sight- a mare, a cougar, and a dead doe at their feet. That was my prey, damn idiots! My tail-tip begins twitching again. Now I only have to debate on confrontation or attack. Yet before I can commence this thought line, I am distracted by the mare feeding on the red meat herself. Well now! That certainly was interesting. Maybe I can use this predatory mare to my advantage, or at least manipulating her into eating horse. Svetlana... that would be a very neat trick to get her out of the way. Who knows? Maybe I could even convince this brindle that the flesh of mare leaders taste the best. It's definitely time to use my tongue again and not shift back to horse shape. People seem to obey me better when I remain in this lithe form.

"If you like the taste of flesh, mare, I know what you and your companion may like to eat. Horse. Or pegasus is particularly good provided you avoid the feathers."

Histe Posts: 99
Deceased

HISTE</style>
</style>

Pale eyes turned on the black cat as she approached and began to speak. Merikh ceased in his feeding and growled a warning, his sharp teeth glistening with the life blood of the doe he had slaughtered. He would not hesitate in killing one of his own if Histe told him to. He only had to wait for the command, which he knew from experience was right on the tip of her tongue. All she had to do was speak it and he would attack relentlessly and mercilessly as he had done so many times before in their travels. The only thing that would be left was a shreaded black hide and a partially eaten carcass.

Histe certainly hadn't been a good influence on him.

"I much prefer the taste of jaguar." The mare rasped after swallowing the meat she had been chewing. In all honesty, she had only tasted the blood of a jaguar. The first time she had eaten meat had been only moments before. Jackal's ear certainly didn't count for meat.

Muscles rippled under the sleek, striped coat as the mare turned her body toward the jaguar. Merikh crept forward a few steps, his bloody teeth still bared and his body still poised for attack. "Foolish cat." Histe said, her lips twisting into a sick grin. "I should kill you right now." Then go for the pegasus since her curiosity on the taste had been sparked.

CREDITS

Deceased
Alex
When the cougar growled, I growled back. This growl was a handsome, deep one, layered with lust and spite and annoyance. Do not worry yourself, cat, even though I could take it myself if I so wanted. I watched silently with my golden eyes as the mare turned. The blood was crimson on her lips, encrusting it. I couldn't remember the first time I had hunted- long ago. The first time I had tasted blood. Salty, tangy, sweet crimson life fluid flowing from my prey. Meat, the taste of red meat, on my teeth, rich and more layered as compared to any amount of blood you may lap up with your mouth. It was funny, in a way, how this mare was carnivorous. Even me had not eaten the life force of any animal as a mate. For that, I almost admired her. Almost. But it was impossible for me to 'like' any mare, out of a consummate jealousy and lust as well as simple upbringing and memories I buried in the past like a squirrel with nuts. However, memories did not sustain your life, unlike nuts of a tree.

I sit casually as the cougar rises to his feet, teeth still stained violet red from his kill. The art of manipulating is one I use often, and commonly correctly and successfully. By the act of sitting, I eliminate the chance I feel any threat from this mare. If I knew her name, it may be more successful effect for my next words. I have no want to be attacked by the cougar and his companion. "Dear, would you kill a servant of a god? I think not. You will find that the taste of meat will sustain you more than grass. Ask me your questions and leave." I do hope it works.

Deceased

HISTE</style>
</style>

The moment the leopard claimed to be a servant of a god Histe and Merikh exchanged a look. In the end Histe began to cackle and Merikh snickered lowly. This stupid cat was obviously not the servant of a god if she didn't know about them or their temperaments. "And who sent you?" Histe asked, clearly amused at the claim. "The Moon Bitch or the Earth Prick?" Merikh snickered again while extending his claws and digging them into the snow.

"You are no servant of any god." Histe spat, her visage and tone suddenly changing from amused to undoubtedly vicious. "Any god who would send you to me is nothing more than a blithering idiot and does not deserve the title of 'god'." She advanced three steps toward the jaguar and Merikh began to circle around so if the cat decided to be stupid and attack his bonded he would have a clear shot at her.

"What do you want?" Histe demanded as she glared down at the cat, nothing more than shear hatred burning in her pale, pale eyes.

CREDITS

Deceased
Alex
My tail-tip twitches subtly as I restrain myself from tearing off her head now. I don't agree with her ideas of the moon mother and earth father- they do have their uses. My magic, for one example. Mandrake, Mandrake. There are better uses for this mare than death. I chide myself, rising to my paws. "I sent myself, dear mare." I snap, lips curling to expose white fangs. I hope the gods of hell are on my side today. The poor mare was only going to make it worse for herself in the end. The snow crunches cold and wet between silver claws as I, too, dig my talons in deep as the non-spotted cat begins to prowl. Again, my tail-tip twitches as I prepare myself for a battle. Then I relax my muscles, release the tension. A god would not fear a mortal, and the god I am, I will not fear this inferior beast.

"I want you to get rid of the pegasus Chieftess Svetlana the Stormchaser. Permanently. Feed on her entrails and drink her blood, for all I care, but kill her. And perhaps we can work out the details after." I growl, a low rumble in my chest. I tilt my black-furred head, golden eyes narrowing. Details like killing her. I wouldn't have any crazy mare treading around me. For this mare, if not demented, had some anger issues. I suppose I did too. "Will you agree, horse?"

Deceased

HISTE</style>
</style>

"So now you claim to be a god and not a servant?" Histe growled. "Death for the liar." Merikh echoed in her head. "Death." That was not such a bad idea, actually, but the jaguar had made her curious and intrigued her. "What else are you going to lie about?" The mare snapped as she began to circle just as Merikh was.

Histe's movements paused when the jaguar spoke her desire. Kill the Chieftess? She had no qualms with killing, but if the jaguar was a god then why couldn't she do her own killing?

"You're a god." The mare finally said. "You do it. Unless you've been lying this entire time." Her gaze became hard when the jaguar asked if she would agree. "Why do you want her dead? And what's in it for me?" She certainly wouldn't work for a liar for free.

CREDITS

Deceased
Alex
I have been lying the whole time, but why would I tell this mare that? This stone-eyed, dead-eyed, blind-eyed mare who doesn't seem to miss a thing. I snap my teeth at the cougar behind me, hackles bristling. I wish my sons could be here, just to watch me manipulate them. Evers could learn that art of silver-tongues. Knox as well. I prefer death, of course, but every horse has its use. I don't like it when they begin to circle me, but I still don't move. A god does not shy from mortals, as I have started to tell myself again and again. I admire this mare's boldness, her fierceness, and that means I hate her all the more for it. I can't stand her, can't stand her cougar, and want her gone. But I purr my answer.

"A god is kind to her subjects. What's in it for you?" I pause. "I will give you what you want. Give me your price, mare, and I will have it for you when you return with Svetlana's blood on your face."

Deceased

HISTE</style>
</style>

."A god is kind to her subjects?" Histe repeated. She exchanged another look with Merikh. They both knew the jaguar that claimed to be a god was no god. She was simply someone who wanted her bidding done and was too much of a coward, too weak to do it herself. "You're a blasphemous bitch, aren't you?" Merikh took his place to the back of the jaguar and remained poised for attack should Histe wish for it.

"Kill her."

"Shut up." Histe growled at her mother's voice. Pale eyes flashed as she looked upon the jaguar. The reasoning of being kind to her subjects had not fooled the brindle mare. There was no god who was truly kind to all of their subjects, of this she was certain. The stupid Sun and the Moon Bitch were testament to that alone. Even the Earth Prick she thought wasn't as nice as he let on to be.

"Kill the liar."

"It's time you stopped lying." She kept her head low so her throat was not exposed. "You see, my mother wants you dead. She doesn't like liars." Another twisted grin crept across the mare's face. "And neither does my father. He wants you dead, too."

But the chance to kill the leader of a herd was too good to pass up. She would make a name for herself. Everyone would know her and fear her. "Lead her to me." Histe said, her tone suddenly changing from threatening to thoughtful. "Merikh and I would like to rip a lead apart. You, however, will be in debt to me. When the time comes to repay your debt I will find you. If you refuse the price then you will meet an end much worse than this Svetlana will."

CREDITS

Deceased
Alex
"Look. We don't have to like each other. No, I'm not a god, but you already know that. I'll have Svetlana in the Windtossed Foothills within a week's time. Evers and Archibald will let you pass." It was annoying, the back and forth banter, but a subtle test between the two of them, and both of them seemed to know it. I sighed, exhaling through white fangs that shear through meat and cut through bone. "It's called mutual need. You need me- for whatever you want. I need to you to kill her so nobody thinks it's me. I will help you ascend to wherever you like. Aren't you bored of 'so quiet' and 'oh-look-the-fucking-ex-edge' and the whole 'oh my god the gods!' and 'a war's brewing'? I know I am." I stand up, and shake off my form of obsidian. I transform into my normal being- Mandrake. Dappled, simply, muscled, but not brawny nor thin. And my eyes, my cold gray eyes, my stone eyes, the eyes that only show expression for my sons. "I'll help you, you help me." Simple and true.

Deceased

HISTE</style>
</style>

For once Histe listened intently to the jaguar. She raised a good point. Helovia was boring. Everyone got along too well, only a handful were really causing any kind of trouble. She had her own part in that but most of the individuals she singled out were cowards and ran rather than fight to defend themselves. Not that they would do any good when the sky fell through and acid poured down over them.

"Fine." Histe finally grunted her agreement. "I'll help you, but don't even think about skipping out on your half of the deal." She warned. "There is no where in Helovia that my magic won't find you." With the warning given Histe jerked her head to the side and both she and her companion departed.

CREDITS