the Rift

Bewitched [Done]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

Laughter pealed out into the air, hinting at the crazed way in which the leader's moods had swung. From indifference to pure amusement, there was no telling which way he was going to feel next. Internally, he was frightened of the experience, aware that he had no control over his morphing demeanor. This was why he strayed often from the Throat, away from anyone he could harm with his unwarranted illness.

"Oh yes, Leander the LionHeart, charmer of damsels! But wait, if so many mares spread their legs for suave old me, then where are my hordes of foals?" A wild grin lay plastered across his face, words shooting out between hearty chuckles. For dramatic effect, he glanced frantically around the meadow for a few brief moments. "Oh! That's right, I don't have any foals! That couldn't be because I happened to be chasing after some girl I'll never have, could it? But maybe you don't even know that much, spy." Ice eyes grew sharp once again as they bored into the face of the mare, more puffs of hot breath aiming for her face. The little bronze seemed to grow less assured now, with his reality of his presence so close to her. There was satisfaction in seeing her somber, pleasure in watching her confidence slip. What was wrong with him?

"By giving me that break, you would have put fear into a herd, and leave it more vulnerable to attack! Do you have no regard for the welfare of others? The ex-Edge is only waiting for a moment of weakness, and you would hand it over to them!" There was no more humor to be found the the winged doe's words, and Leander reacted harshly. The smile of before had flashed into a grimace as he thought of the Throat without him, of Mauja and his band invading, of Lynx, Nefertari, Kri, all of them clashing with sharp horns and snapping teeth, the sands of their home growing red with blood. For a moment, the palomino's eyes shut and his broad skull shook, physically trying to rid itself of the vivid fear. After a moment, they opened, and he looked back towards the fae with more reserve. He remained silent as she went on, making note of the tone her voice took when finally remarking on his handsomeness. "Why do you want me safe? I'm just some big unobservant Sultan, right? You don't seem quite stupid enough to want me alive purely for my looks, though the prospect is very flattering." He replied to the girl, words more even now then they had been throughout the rest of the encounter. Emotions had settled back into usual seriousness, if only for a short time. His attention had risen at mention of Mauja's band. "What skills does your group have that could subdue the ex-Edge? And what would you want in return for such help? I'm not sure what you mean by 'dirty work', though I will tell you that nothing would keep me from fighting for the Throat. Being a warrior is in my blood, as much as being a diplomat is. I protect my herd with my life." Another short pause left silence hanging, and Leander thought quickly of Faelene. Battle was not what he wanted, even if he had no qualms about lying his own life down. "But if there is a way to avoid bloodshed, I will take the chance."

[ooc: Okay! He will probably not harm her as she is not a fire magic user, but he may use his new magic if he gets too angry. ;) ]

Messages In This Thread
Bewitched [Done] - by Leander - 11-27-2012, 04:50 PM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Phaedra - 11-28-2012, 09:10 PM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Phaedra - 11-29-2012, 10:43 AM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Leander - 11-29-2012, 11:22 AM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Phaedra - 11-29-2012, 11:55 AM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Leander - 11-29-2012, 07:29 PM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Phaedra - 11-29-2012, 08:13 PM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Leander - 11-30-2012, 06:52 AM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Phaedra - 11-30-2012, 05:43 PM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Leander - 11-30-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Phaedra - 12-02-2012, 09:00 PM