the Rift

Bewitched [Done]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

"Oh yes, Leander the LionHeart, charmer of damsels! But wait, if so many mares spread their legs for suave old me, then where are my hordes of foals? Oh! That's right, I don't have any foals! That couldn't be because I happened to be chasing after some girl I'll never have, could it? But maybe you don't even know that much, spy.

Phaedra stamped her hoof impatiently, waiting for the stallion to finish his little speech. Ears back, she shot him an icy stare - though nowhere near as icy as his had become. "Or maybe, if you weren't such a great bumbling idiot, you would be aware that you haven't even been here a season yet, and couldn't possibly have a foal yet. But to that point, I seem to recall 2 younglings that you did in fact adopt?" She snorted her frustration, and continued undeterred. "And I think my lack of interest in your soap-opera love life, does say what kind of spy I am."

By giving me that break, you would have put fear into a herd, and leave it more vulnerable to attack! Do you have no regard for the welfare of others? The ex-Edge is only waiting for a moment of weakness, and you would hand it over to them! "Either you think too highly of yourself, or too little of your herd. Either is a problem. If they would collapse, all because you disappeared for a week, then it is only a matter of time before the Edge reclaim what is there's. And you're a fool to think that you really matter that much. And I only have a regard for those I care about. None in your bunch fit that description." Was he trying to instigate, on purpose? Possibly. She took a large breath, trying to force herself to be calm. But something about this stallion got under her skin, possession or no.

Why do you want me safe? I'm just some big unobservant Sultan, right? You don't seem quite stupid enough to want me alive purely for my looks, though the prospect is very flattering. Phaedra was temped to bit her lip again, to keep from lashing out, but it was already quite sore from doing so only moments earlier in their conversation. She hadn't quite figured out Leander yet...by flattery did he mean he was flattered by her being flirtatious? Or that he truly believed that he was that good looking...? Her already flustered mind ceased it's whirling, trying to figure him out. It didn't matter anyway. For the first time, when she met his gaze it was collected and empowered. yet her voice was soft and sincere as she said, "Not for your sake, do I wish to keep you safe. For Faelene's." She would not divulge her relationship with Tolio until it became necessary, if it became necessary. It was still too new, too precious to her. He was after all, her only friend.

What skills does your group have that could subdue the ex-Edge? And what would you want in return for such help? I'm not sure what you mean by 'dirty work', though I will tell you that nothing would keep me from fighting for the Throat. Being a warrior is in my blood, as much as being a diplomat is. I protect my herd with my life.

"If certain key members were taken out...or certain information passed along...it may be possible to dissuade the former Edge. I have heard that Mauja has been a rarity amongst them, and that the mare in charge has allegiance's with the Plague, that not everyone shares. If The Grey were involved, it might not come to full out war. But if it did and an agreement was made, you could have our support." What is in your blood is all very fine and well, but you yourself said that your herd would be vulnerable with you. All it would take is a well-placed kick, or horn, to permanently remove you from the equation. Have you no regard for the well-being of others?" She asked, throwing his previous accusation back at him. Surely he must see that as a diplomat, he needed to be kept safe?

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
Bewitched [Done] - by Leander - 11-27-2012, 04:50 PM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Phaedra - 11-28-2012, 09:10 PM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Phaedra - 11-29-2012, 10:43 AM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Leander - 11-29-2012, 11:22 AM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Phaedra - 11-29-2012, 11:55 AM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Leander - 11-29-2012, 07:29 PM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Phaedra - 11-29-2012, 08:13 PM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Leander - 11-30-2012, 06:52 AM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Phaedra - 11-30-2012, 05:43 PM
RE: Bewitched [Phaedra, Open] - by Leander - 11-30-2012, 10:55 PM