the Rift

Homecoming [Looking to join a herd]

Yiska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Yiska
i am no bird, and no net ensnares me

Yiska picked his way through the trees in the threashold. Soft snow muffled his heavy hooves. He had wondered a long way, and exhaustion tugged at his muscles. The dusty stallion came to a stop in a small opening in the forest, the canopy breaking open to shine some fading rays of light upon him, dappling across his coat. Scraping away at the snow, he exposed a small patch of grass. He dipped his head down, pulling at the dry blades, trying to calm his snarling stomach. His tail swatted at his side. He needed frostfall to come to a silent halt, and return to him the warmth of spring. He closed his eyes, imagining the grass he chewed at to be lush and green, with enough of it to feed a whole herd.

The stallion, though tired, had enjoyed his journey so far. It was far from home, providing him with new sights to enjoy. He was sure this land had it's share of stories, it's history probably rich with war and peace. He began to hum as he ate, the melody of a lullaby soothing his homesick heart. Sure, the journey was exciting, but he still missed his nest of familiarity. But soon, he knew, he was bound to run into some other creature to lighten up his dreary ramble. There were only so many trees and bushes and birds to look at before everything began looking the same. He was pretty certain he had been wandering in circles, but he hoped against it.

Lifting his large head, he let out a whinny. "Hello!" He called out, "Anyone there?" A breeze tousled his mane and tail, and he hoped that another horse would answer his question, instead of the teeth of a predator.

::OOC: Tiny words make a tiny post. Muse will be better in the morning, if anyone dare respond. ;) ::

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

The massive gold stag was suddenly alerted to the presence of another. Raising his ashy muzzle to look through the winding lines of trees, newly blue eyes caught sight of a dusty form in the distance. "You are not alone, stranger." Warm tones left his maw as Leander fell into a brisk walk toward the equine, hooves leaving large depressions in his snowy wake. It had been some time since he had been in the presence of another, despite the new title of importance he wore. Since the surreal encounter with the snow beast, he'd been stricken with the swinging emotions of a hormonal filly, and so he'd found it best to stray off alone for periods of time. Fortunately, his usually cheerful demeanor reigned now.

"Hello, sir. I am Leander the LionHeart, Sultan of the Dragon's Throat herd." The charger came to halt before the dun, dipping his head respectfully as he gave his introduction. "Welcome to Helovia." A smile found his lips, and sky pools gleamed with familiar charm. The unmet stallion was tall, though still shorter than himself, and appeared to hold some heavy bloodlines like what ran in his own veins. Intriguing circles ran below his eyes, which were tinted silver like Faelene's. The boy certainly looked to be well capable in a fight, though so many strong hot-headed stallions lacked in mind what they had in body. Nostalgically, Leander remembered his earlier years; days of reckless fighting and needless bloodshed. He would not change that past though, for without it, he would not have any of the wisdom he had now. Silently, he wondered what lay behind the grey gaze of this newcomer. And where this new one's loyalties would fall, in the midst of all the turmoil of the land he was now a part of.

Unregistered

Yiska

Words responded to his request. Yiska's head turned, examining quickly the winged stallion that approached. He stood tall, with a brilliant golden coat, and dark wings were held to his sides. He stood a bit taller than himself, but he held kindness in his soft blue eyes. He spoke of himself, calling himself a lion heart and a sultan.

Yiska dropped his large head respectfully, giving a small bow. "Pleasure to meet you, Sir LionHeart. Is this the Dragon's Throat? I pray I haven't crossed into your territory, I mean no disrespect." Leander continued, welcoming him to the lands. "Thank you sir. I venture here to perhaps find a new home. I am eager to learn, and wish passage through this territory to find what I am looking for. That is, unless, I may follow you? I hate to impose upon you, sir, I simply wish for atleast find a safe place to sleep for the night. I have stories and knowledge I can share, if perhaps that would pay my keep for the night. Or, I can provide muscle, as well. I don't normally fight, but I will protect those who deserve it." Yes, Yiska may seem to be pouring his heart out, but he was an honest soul. He was lonely without a herd. Perhaps this would be the ticket into a new family.

The dun stallion met the sky blue gaze of Leander with his silver pools. He was hoping for an invitation. To gain title of Sultan and LionHeart must mean this pegasus had done something exceptional. Yiska wouldn't mind serving such a noble leader.

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

The dusty stallion quickly quelled any thoughts Leander had about him being the typical hot-headed young brute. No, the newcomer greeted him with more kindness and respect than many he'd met in the Threshold. With broadening curiosity, he listened to the stranger's greeting with pricked ash ears.

A soft chuckle escaped his maw at the dun's careful manners. He couldn't remember the last time he'd met such an openly pleasant male. "No worries, friend. This area is called the Threshold. My home lies to the South, and you would be welcome across our borders. Any visitors are welcomed into the Throat, as long as they mean the herd no harm." With a nod in understanding to the stallion's desire, Leander continued. "I would be honored if you would like join the Dragon's Throat, to stay for however long you like. We have many fields for you to study in, including the position of scholar if that interests you. We can always use another good mind, especially at the moment." Sky pools grew just the slightest bit concerned as he mentioned current times. It was only right to tell him of the way of things, no matter what path he chose in the end. "There is turmoil within Helovia now. There was recently a battle which involved all three of the herds, and the losers of that battle seek vengeance upon those who defeated them. I fear more bloodshed will soon be upon us; the most any of us can do is to prepare for it."

Unregistered

Yiska

Yiska listened to Leander's words. The Throat seemed welcoming at this time. A harbor during the darkest of storms, especially by Leander's words of war and turmoil. And to learn of this land, and grow to be a scholar? Yiska liked the sound of that. He would learn, listen, and also cling to the warriors. Knowledge was key, but to protect it was more important. "I would happily follow you to your home. Please, tell me more about battle, if you may. I'm curious as to what would bring an entire land to war." He turned southward, tossing his head towards the path that was slowly unfolding before him.

"And that sounds wonderful, becoming a scholar. Though, I would also appreciate a few lessons from your warriors in the future. I know how to evaluate, but I don't truly know how to fight. And I would gladly lay aside my knowledge to fight to protect the herd, if I choose to stay. But I would like to join." He let out a small laugh, embarrassed. "Sorry for my constant chattering. It's been lonely so far with no one to talk to."

Hidden Account
Epona

LEANDER

Leander nodded, lines of worry furrowing his brow as the dun asked of the battle. It was not a pleasant memory, despite the fact that the Throat and it's allies had emerged victorious. They had still displaced the Unicorns, even if it had been as much their choice to fight. With a thin smile to the dusty stallion, he stepped to the newcomer's side and began the walk Southward. "I will tell you what I know. The Qian, a peaceful group who is an ally of the Throat, sought their own herd land. They asked our help as well as help from the Windtossed Foothill's to invade The World's Edge, a Northern herd occupied by elitist Unicorns. Many of the Throat and the Foothill's, including myself, decided to help the Qian in favor of their belief in equality. The Qian leader, Mirage, asked to be able to share the herd-land with the Unicorns, but they were hot-headed and eager to fight. Battle ensued, lives were lost, and the Qian prevailed. The former Edge Unicorns went to the North. They surely seek revenge, not only upon the Qian but on all the herds. You will likely encounter the ex-Edge Unicorns at some time or another, and you will understand why I would call them foolish. That is not to say that all of them are vengeful idiots; there are some who reside with that band who are good." Porcelain orbs flicked out into the forest again, thoughts of Faelene slipping through the Sultan's mind. He half-expected the antlered goatish mare he'd recently met to come out of the shadows and contradict him, though his words were true and clear.

"I don't believe I've gotten your name, friend." He mentioned to the silver eyed buck after a moment's pause, before continuing. "I hope you will like the Throat. You will make a great addition to the herd, no matter what field you desire. We have many warriors who would be glad to teach you in the art of battle. In fact, I myself was a warrior for quite a while. I was only recently promoted to lead alongside Kri, the Throat's Sultana." Leander admitted his short time as Sultan, smiling as he thought fondly back to his first days in the Throat. He was glad of the newcomer's company, even if his moods were unsteady as of late. It was refreshing to meet such a clearly smart stallion, especially one who was interested in being a part of the Throat.

Unregistered

Yiska

Yiska scowled as the pegasus recanted the painful history as of recent. Leander looked expectantly at the forest, and Yiska turned his head, trying to catch a glimpse of the vision only Leander had seen. "It is a shame," Yiska began as Leander finished, "That no matter where your hooves may carry you, nothing changes. What is the differance between us with no horns, or a pair of wings upon our sides, to those that wear spears upon their brows? We are all the same. But alas, it will never stop." The dun stallion shook his head. He had seen it everywhere, species believing those with differing appearances were worth less.

"Oh, please excuse me, My name is Yiska." He smiled. "So, shall we continue on? I would love to see the place you call home." He turned, and slowly began walking south, waiting for the pagasus to lead him to his new home.

::OOC: Would you like to start a thread in the throat to mark his entrance? If not, I can just have him switched over to the Throat and begin interacting with present threads over there.::

Hidden Account
Epona
[ooc: I put up an entry thread for Yiska in the Throat ;) And if you'd like for Yiska to take a certain position within the herd, just post in the Throat's Joining and Specialization thread with what rank he would like. ^^]