the Rift

A Silver Entry [Yiska / Open]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

The gilded form of Leander slipped through the air over the border to the Throat. He was not as far above the ground as he normally would be, for he did not want his companion to lose sight of him on the journey from the Threshold. The snow faded as they reached his home, and the glistening of the lake in the distance was a pleasant herald to their entrance.

"Welcome to the Dragon's Throat, Yiska!" Deep chords shouted from the air. Cerulean eyes glanced down towards the slate equine, ready to gauge his reaction to the new sight. Leander had always found the vast expanse of the desert strikingly beautiful, from the deep blue of the lake to the ancient tree. There were those who thought such a place drab, preferring the dark shadows of the forest to open plains. Fortunately, he did not.
The Throat provided a safe home for the herd; blocked by the sea on almost all sides, save for the edge they'd just passed, which would soon be protected by the Bazilisk's wall. Fondly, the sultan gazed out to see the beginnings of the ornate structure in the distance. Things were coming along nicely, despite the threat of violence that loomed over the land. With an encouraging smile, mahogany wings shifted and the palomino drifted down to land on the sand near the grullo.

[ooc: Anyone is welcome to join in and meet Yiska! :)]

Yiska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Yiska
i am no bird, and no net ensnares me

The dun stallion had followed the pegasus' shadow for many miles now. They had held a warm conversation, though, Yiska was a bit hoarse from yelling to the sky. As they worked their way into the Throat, Yiska had began falling in love with the diverse landscape. The land was a forest and a desert at once, and he kept believing he caught a whiff or two of salty sea air. Though frostfall had kept the land cool enough, he only imagined the heat that would kiss the land come summer. But, he already discovered an adaptation as the sun reflected off of the desert floor - his chocolate eye spots seemed to absorb a lit of the light, allowing him to avoid the usual glare.

Leander called down to him, welcoming him to the Dragon's Throat. "My goodness, LionHeart," Yiska breathed, looking about him in awe. "This land is beautiful. I envy you, to be able to see the land from above. I'm curious to explore it, but even more delighted to meet the members of your herd." Yiska smiled, his grey eyes glimmering in the sunlight. Home, He thought to himself.

The golden stallion landed beside him, and Yiska, though worried about plaguing the sultan with questions, asked some anyways. "How big is your herd? I hope they don't mind that I do not possess..." He trailed off, thinking of the correct word. His eyes lit up as the words came to his tongue. "extra appendages, such as a horn or wings. And not a lick of magic runs through my veins. I am very much plain." He let out a small laugh. He wasn't digging for compliments. But many beasts were vain, and though he wasn't anything exceptional, he hoped he would at least receive a chance to prove a valuable asset.

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
Levi flickered his ears as he heard an unfamiliar voice. It sounded like Leandor and maybe someone from the herd? He couldn't tell. He was doing his usual, flying above the Throat. Flying was his favorite thing to do, other than maybe racing on the sands. His dark mane and tail blew gently through the soft breeze. His eyes flickered to the clouds that blocked his view below him. He knew that there were horses down there, but he couldn't make out who the two figures were. Swooping a bit lower, he now could see Leandor gracefully standing beside a dusky coloured stallion. Levi wanted to meet this new members, besides if he were to become a warrior he would have to get to know all herd members. New and old ones.

Levi slowly cascaded down towards the stallion brutes. Arching his neck he gently landed on the grainy sands in front of the two brute. Withdrawing his tremendous wings, he put the back in place, resting near his rib cage. Smiling in a nice tone he said "Hello, there. I'm Levi, a member of the herd. It's very nice to meet you." With a warm hearted look on the outside, he felt all mushy on the inside. Ew... I am being nice? Could I get used to this? There was no question that when he was more involved with the herd, that he would have to get used to it whether he liked it or not.

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

The bronze stag smiled as he descended. Yiska was the first equine he'd met to comment on the benefits of wings; most others just seemed indifferent to the ability to fly. Disturbing tufts of colds sand, Leander reached the earth. "The view from above is quite beautiful. To the far borders there is the sea, and there in the center is the lake." He spoke, gesturing outwards with his muzzle.

Yiska continued, and this time his words caused the LionHeart to take a more serious expression. "All kinds are welcome in the Throat, Yiska. You do not need any extra appendages to be worthy of a home, or to be any stronger than those who have wings or horns. Or magic, for that matter." Reassuring chords left his maw, and he reminisced of all the magic used in the battle of the Edge. When he, himself, had none. Magic was a powerful tool, but one that was often used unwisely and by those who would not know how to fight without it. He thought back to the Ice King Mauja, and the spikes of ice that had shot from the ground so near to him. It could have very well been the soft of his own belly they'd sought.

Suddenly, another form glided down from the air, pulling the palomino from his reverie. One of the newer soldiers; a grullo stallion with black wings. Leander had seen him a few times before within the Throat, and he nodded in greeting. "Hello, Levi. This is the Throat's newest member, Yiska."

[ooc: I'm writing this in the setting that Levi and Leander have not had their spar yet. ;)]