the Rift

Failure [Open/Kiara]

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Pure anger, eyes black as night. That was what you would see when you saw Aaron. The young protector had tried as Ink had to free Kiara, to free his mother by stealth. Surely the red roan would be arriving back into the lands soon. Surely she would have an update... Brown eyes looked to a nearby campfire where a pair of orange eyes watched him. His baby sister had been worried about Kamien's absence as well. Aaron had reassured her that no other had made it into World's Edge. He had been making sure of it. Hours upon hours patrolling the land.

With an angry but tired snort the painted knight stared out into the night to see if the red roan was coming home. He needed to know what she knew and he needed to know it soon. At dawn he was going to the Foothills... To Archibald... The big draft had fought along side Aaron in the invasion, maybe now he would stand with him in a rescue attempt.

"Talk Talk"

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily

Green eyes longed to see the boarders of her home. Hooves pounded into the frozen ground. Ink had indeed done it! She was safe, after days in the hands of the so called "Plauge" she was free. The moment she could Kiara had begun to flat out run. She didnt even look to see where Ink was. Solstice, the other Edge prisoner and a pegasus mare from the Foothills needed help and fast. The red and white unicorn had made it quite clear that both were in danger. Her body ached, her lungs breathing in the icy cold air to fast to warm first. However she would not slow down.

The moment World's Edge came into sight Kiara whinnied with joy. She surged on at the sight of a fire and two figures near it. She skidded to a halt just short of the painted draft... His build was heavier, but he bore resemblance to Solstice. Quickly she gasped and spoke "Ink freed me, but I fear for those still there. An injured pegasus from the Foothills and one of our own..... The Plague as they call themselves intend to harm them both and possibly kill one. We need to act fast" Green eyes stared, waiting for him to answer or do something.

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I am a crow. The wind weaves in out of my feathers. I like to imagine this is how flying feels, but I know it can't be right. My feathers are too heavy, too thick, being made of my black fluid. The wind doesn't glide through my wings as much as it rips into them, dispersing my ink like a fine mist behind me as I soar.

I have to flap often and I must make myself small.
Yet I am flying all the same. That has to be worth something.

I glance below and keep an eye on the young mare running below me. She sped out with such haste I'm surprised she didn't trample me. I can hardly blame her after what I spied happening. I didn't notice Mirage else, unfortunately for this dame, I would have chosen her. The others I couldn't risk taking now and Kiara was in a good position at the right time that we were able to steal away unnoticed.

It will not go unnoticed for long.

Those unicorns will not be so easily taken from again I know. I'm sure matters of rescue will have to be handled with brute strength for a while.

I sigh.

I coast down on the breezes as the Edge unravels below. In a spiral I lazily return to earth, dropping beside Kiara as she reunites with her kin in a splatter of ink. From the black puddle I rise as flesh and blood, though my shiny jet coat might suggest I am composed of more even in my un-magicked form.

I stretch and toss my head as if to resettle my skin - actually it is exactly for that reason. The sensation of taking different shapes and different matter is one I could never describe. Literally.

I glance over at the pair once I have resettled. I can only bob my head in agreement at Kiara's words, concern reflected in the pools of my abyssmal eyes. I know our guard is too low here, only Aaron and Vikram have the proper training in warfare to protect our borders and fight off the raiders, but it's not enough. Our numbers have grown small and the stealths only weaken us further.

I shift my weight, uncomfortable with the weight of the knowledge on my mind.
We must become stronger.

I glance beyond the borders, to where the Threshold lies. Newcomers often drifted through there, if we could entice them here before the others herds, we'd get stronger.

The idea of me inviting anyone is laughable. I am liable to set them to fits of laughter at my attempts of charades. Should I train my body then, step into the role of protector when we have so few? My gaze drifts to my thin and wiry muscles with doubt.

I should certainly learn some things, I know, but I benefit the herd most as I am and should not trouble the protectors with a trifling spar in such an era of duress. Perhaps the Throat would loan me a partner... their herd is swollen with numbers, but Kri is frightening wench and out alliance runs thin from what I've gathered.

I drop my head in mild defeat.

Perhaps some rest and sleep will help me and my head will clear by morning. At most I could recon the plague some more, but delivering whatever knowledge I gain would always be an issue.

Not for the first time, and hardly for the last time, I lament my predicament.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

His eyes lightened slightly as the roan mare and the jet black stallion seemed to appear. His body had tensed first ready to protect his baby sister and relaxed again at the sight of the herd members returning home. She nodded to Ink before speaking to Kiara on what she had heard and seen. "I need you or Ink to stay with my little sister until she wakes. I will be traveling to the Foothills to speak with one of the leads there and see if we can't make a joint rescue for the two. Surely they will need our help." The draft then looked to Ink and spoke briefly. "Well done, let's get the rest of our herd home shall we." It was up to Kiara and Ink to decide who was going to stay with Azale.... Aaron set off at a gallop to see who he could find in the Foothills. After all he had no issue crossing those boarders as they were once the place he called home.

"Talk Talk"

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

Aaron receives the return of his sister joyously and her news heavily, although he doesn't appear surprised. I guess I wasn't either. It is a touching reunion that pangs in my heart to see an actual family like this shouldering each other's burdens and protecting one another. I blink, envious.

Aaron plans to retrieve the other prisoners. I would wish to go, but I know I can not be of much help now and I am tired of the journey I just took. At his wonder of who would guard his sister I bob my head to acknowledge that I can look after her. It's the least I can do.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.