the Rift

dirt from the throat; questing | open

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
[Image: 50a8b421a75c2]

EVERS the ABLE

Evers looked about his surroundings, well there's plenty of it his humour almost as dry as the landscape before him. The blue had never ventured to this part of Helovia, although he had heard plenty of rumours about it's herd, most good and rarely bad. The herd's residents seemed to be happy with their well being and it made Evers feel a little better for venturing into desert territory alone. His new title may demand a little more respect than he was really comfortable with but it may help more then hinder in this case. The skinny diplomat knew few from this land but most notably Leander, a greatly spoken stallion he had met once in the Threshold along with the mute unicorn whose horn was sadly misplaced. Neither had posed a threat and all in all were pleasant in their words. Evers sighed and turned his attention to the task at hand.

The God of Earth had said dirt from this place, water from the meadow and fire from the heart. The latter being the hardest and water another slight problem, dirt however was convenient enough to carry in the safe confinement on his mouth. Unpleasant but doable. Evers rolled his tongue around and looked distastefully at the floor, lowering his maw to its surface and smelling it, wrinkling his nostrils. Surely the God could of picked a more... Straight forward task?! Ah, but Gods will be Gods and if this is what he was supposed to do then this is what he was supposed to do.

Teeth scraped against the floor and the Chief of the Foothills rather indignantly picked up his prized dirt and safely stored it inside his mouth. Lobes placed slightly back in discomfort. Now for water and fire. He looked around helplessly, maybe there would be something around here he could use to carry things. An old horn or bark? Trees were a rare thing in the Throat.

I'll do it all for you in t i m e

Bazilisk Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

B A Z I L I S K
I do not desire to hear your words, nor you mine.

"Are you looking for something?" The serpent's tones are rich, heavy, and clearly exotic, but defined. It's a strange accent, difficult to describe, a voice which always holds a note of sarcasm to it. The coiling black beast greets the tiny horse with a slight incline of his great black head, a skull tipped with small horns painted silver. Heavy black scales curl and twist over the undulating black body. A red tongue flickers to taste the air, taking note of the horse's not-throat-scent.

Once, Bazilisk might've snapped up the horse for a snack, but now he was more and more careful to control his constant desire for horseflesh. It was a nagging urge, and he would be lying if he said he hadn't eaten horse in the time he had been in Helovia. Brief trips out, a couple of unicorns here and there, had helped him sate his desire. Delicate matter as it was, the huge snake was very careful to keep it hidden and avoid the subject with his leaders at all times.

Bazilisk knew the look of searching around a horse. It was one of the few expressions he knew well, one of the basics for he, too, had once been searching. The only other responses he could really tell from little bird-horses and horn-horses and horses were anger, sadness, and happiness. Finer emotions, such as embarrassment, were much harder to capture or understand. "I am Bazilisk, Artisan of the Throat. May I help you?" The melancholy creature remained polite and stoic. There was no threat in his voice, for Bazilisk's mind ran on such different lanes as opposed to horses' he simply didn't know this horse was trespassing or visiting, in a way. Bazilisk thinks so completely different, most horses don't know how to read him, nor understand him, or even know what he was.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

"I do not recall giving those of the Foothills permission to tread so lightly on my grounds," my voice hisses like the snake who has already approached the stranger lurking in my desert. My dark eyes had spotted the trespasser lifting red dirt from the floor of the place, and I admit to being more than slightly amused at first. However, now, the deep oceans peer out from slits, a ruffle of blond mane obscuring my face as I look at him with distaste. The wind, my constant companion, rustles my hair as the invisible strings I tug at absently are pulled.

The connection with my mind had been made long ago, and as such my heart beat almost as naturally as the wind followed my commands. New still was the ability to shift the density of such invisible walls, but I was becoming more skilled at it. If this brute did not have a good reason for coming into my territory, blatantly disregarding my borders, perhaps I could use him to display my newly honed talent.

Instead, for now, I just watch him with an authoritative glance. My masculinized face was fierce and cold, but more frightening was the stance, like a rock, in which I held as I watched him: every muscle in my face tensed to display utter annoyance and my body coiled like a cougar about to pounce on an afternoon snack. "Do you intend to take from these lands as though they are your own, wanderer?"
""

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
A laugh escaped Tingal's mouth as he watched the strange stallion pick up the dirt with his mouth."Need some help there?"He smiled."Spit out the dirt before you gag."Tingal smiled. Bazilisk was also there to help."Hello, Bazilisk. Have you too come to help this horse with his dirt?"Tingal was a joker at heart, and good grief was he laughing a ton.

"Sorry!"He gagged. "I've just never seen a horse stoop down so low to eat dirt."Tingal coughed a bit, gasping for breath."If the gods gave you this, then I'll laugh even harder! I can't believe it! The gods being kind enough to let you taste dirt!"Tingal's laugh echoed. He coughed some more before finally gaining his composure."My friend,"he snickered."Do you require assistance?"He laughed some more before finally reaching the end of his laughing fit. "Sorry."He mumbled. He turned to the large snake."Bazilisk, nice to see you." Tingal looked at the stallion. Three claw type things protruded from his neck on each side. Other than that he was normal. To a point."My name's Tingal."Tingal twitched his nose and waited for the stallion to reply.

Kri came after a bit, and she did not look pleased. She was clearly angered that a Foothills horse was on Throat territory. Quickly Tingal thought."Wait, the Foothills?!"His mouth opened wide, revealing fangs of a tiger.

OOC: Sorry. Watching a funny show so I had to make Tingal laugh a bit.
WC: 238

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

"Greetings, Chief Evers!" Warm words rang a stark contrast from the lines of his allies as Leander descended from the sky. He'd spotted the entrance of the familiar blue roan, the neighboring leader which he'd met so recently in the Threshold. Unfortunately, Kri nor Bazilisk or the other Throat member seemed to know who the oddly horned stallion was. And even more disappointing; Kri's tones were unnecessarily harsh. Masking the concern that touched him, the golden made his way to stand beside the flaxen matriarch, new ice blue eyes flashing between the four.

"I can vouch for our friend here, Kri; there is no need to worry of his purpose. I know one of his counterparts, the Chieftess Svetlana. They have taken lead and replaced Paladin the Valiant in the Foothills." Neutral tones left his sooty maw, wanting to avoid upsetting the mare any further than she already was. It was possible that he had underestimated Kri's temper. Silently, he hoped accepting the title of Sultan was not about to prove any more difficult than he had thought. Didn't she see that being at odds with the Foothill's or the Edge was of no use? They were all targets for Mauja's Unicorns now, all possible victims to their retaliation. Hostility between the herds was purely foolish. He kept the knowledge to himself, only putting his faith in Kri's sense of diplomacy. She was not all stone.

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
[Image: 50a8b421a75c2]

EVERS the ABLE

Evers certainly wasn't expecting the attention he brought that soon came to light before him. First and the most unusual out of them all was a snake. No, it was too big for a snake yet... It had the appearance of one. The blue boy watched in a mixture of fascination and revulsion as it spoke with exotic foreign tones, making the Chief resist the urge to shiver. The snake didn't move to attack like Evers was almost sure it would, instead it moved little and observed him through enticing green eyes. Only flickering his voice once more to introduce himself, Bazilisk, and offer a service. A boy of commendable manners eventually found his voice, although it portrayed all his awe, he spoke with kindness in shy tones interrupted by a mouthful of dirt. "It's an honour Bazilisk, I am-" before he could get any further another, more curt voice intruded.

Bronze in colour with folds of creamy mane, she was the Sultana of the Thoat. Kri the Resolute. Right in her observation to accuse, not his method of negotiation, but it was highly likely this mare didn't know who he was. Not that it would matter, to a femme like Kri. He was about to turn, proffer his head and make a hasty apology but another yet interrupted. It was now that Evers' eyes went wide with fear. Only natural, he was an animal of flight and he was... Well... A tiger horse?! Fangs protruded from his mouth that spelt carnivore in big letters and the natural instinct to run from this predator almost engulfed the blue steed. What manner of creatures lived in these lands?! He laughed at the Chief through frighting jaw, his words would seem all fun and joke. If it wasn't for the fact he was part cat.

Not even then, when after extraordinary events could Evers finally find a place to speak. This time the voice was kinder and familiar. He was golden and stocky with great wings of brown; Leander. The boy was still oblivious to the rank change of Leander the Lion Heart, but still greeted him with the same kindness he had been given. Silently thanking the butter coloured steed for calming increasing tensions. At least one of them knew him. "Forgive my intrusion of your lands, Lady Kri. I am indeed a Chief of the Foothills, as noble Leander pointed out, and although it may seem all fun and games to you. The quest before me has been set by the God of Earth. I must complete it, all I require from your land is your dirt, if I may?"

The next part was tricky and he turned to the strange snake then, finally having time to answer his question. "I am in need of help, artisan. Dirt is easy enough to carry, but I must also find ways of transporting water and fire. I am no craftsmen so I find myself at a dead end." His quiet voice admitted. Evers fell silent then, hoping one of them or more may have an answer for him. Or at least a clue.

I'll do it all for you in t i m e

Bazilisk Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

B A Z I L I S K
I do not desire to hear your words, nor you mine.

Sultana. Tiger-horse. Sultan. They come, unafraid. Why should they be afeared of things upon their territory? The tiger-cat seems to be hysterical. Maybe he is afraid. The snake examines the tall cat with his orbs, amused and slightly worried for the boy's mental health. And these horses kept cutting this traveler off. Bazilisk exhaled softly, a red tongue flickering between silver teeth, growing more annoyed by the moment. He twists and curls impatiently.

Finally, Evers is able to speak, after accusations of trespass and foolery. Surely this... slow mare would realize he would be easily driven off! By a snake, at least. He snorted, poisonous green eyes narrowing. The snake does not like Sultana Kri. "I can help you to carry any items necessary by a bucket. I warn you, it may not hold up well, for I may only spare a small amount of metal for it." But spare a bit of metal ore he does, and it flows into a sturdy little pail with flames licking at its sides. "It will carry your water. Maybe not your fire. And your dirt. You will need to find someone else to construct compartments for it, if that is what you will." The Artisan comments, and without further words, he drops the pail and turns, slipping away. He doesn't want to be near Kri, and the snake's ways are naturally seclusive and mysterious.

[he exits]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

A court jester of stripes and bright orange appears in the crowd, and I simply tilt my head to view the beast curiously. At least, I begin with curiosity, until the emotion shifts back to annoyance as soon as his flapping mouth opens. A whip of wind snakes one of my locks of blonde mane to snap and crack, as my eyes narrow dangerously. "Tingal, the adults are talking right now. Can you shut your mouth?" Of course, the words were laced with bitter sarcasm, but there was no mistaking the serious tone of voice the echoes in my chest - a threat. However, I cannot direct all my annoyance toward the unsuspecting tiger, for the other idiots just keep rolling in, offering useless suggestions and making me weary.

"This stallion is not my friend," I say brutishly, catching the our in the statement of Leander and glaring at him. "The Foothills are not allies, and therefore the only relation I have with this Chief is homeowner and trespasser." This was the first time I had witnessed a slip in the logic of Leander, for while he knew the Chief, was obviously on good terms with the big blue idiot, I had no knowledge of him, no care. He was giving some neutral party free reign of our home and, to add insult to injury, a pass on taking things as he pleased. I could honestly kick the oaf in the head, had he already not stuffed his own hooves in his mouth and swallowed.

After the small exchange with the Artisan, who seems to take badly to my arrival, the stallion remains silent and I glare at him from behind the bucket and the line drawn in the sand by the snake's retreat. "Get your dirt and get out, Chief Evers. Do not let me catch you snooping behind my borders again."
""

[ ooc; sorry for holding you up imi! D: ]

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>