the Rift

Hoofbrother [Any god, Earth preferred]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Navigating the updrafts of warm air that emanated from the lava veins had been difficult, and yet fun. Buoyed up by gusts of heat, Aryel found she did not even have to flap her wings to travel to the Veins. And simply flying over the white-hot lava was much easier than picking a path through it.

But Aryel was not here for a joyflight. She was here to ask a favor of the gods. She knew the rules for requesting something of them (be respectful, don't pester them frequently, don't cross your eyes, etc) but she was still unsure on how to speak to them. Did she just walk up to the shrines and call for a god? Did she say some sort of prayer or do some ritual. Well, she would find out soon. The shrines were approaching.

Landing proved to be more difficult than flying. Updrafts that had supported her now fought her when she tried to go down, but not even the strongest updraft could support a horse-sized creature when she half-folded her wings and drop-glided to land with a clatter of hooves. She checked over herself to ensure she was not standing near any threads of lava, then turned to face the shrines. They matched the alien landscape, strange and hostile to mortals. With a shrug, she decided just calling would suffice. "I seek an audience with a god." she spoke, whisking her tail. Since learning the story of the Deep Forest battle, where three herds clashed because of the Sun and Moon's decrees, she had been wondering if she would be able to keep her temper should one of the celestial beings appeared. The disregard they held for mortal lives was infuriating. For my future friend, she kept telling herself. Having a fellow hoofed creature by her side in her travels would be worth biting her tongue.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Unfortunately, the gods are away. Silence meets your words.

You may return to the veins on:
1/26/13