the Rift

An Urgent Telegram [AURELIUS TO XIRA]

Xira Posts: 67
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 hh :: 7 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kye :: Red-Footed Falcon :: Read Adoptable
Santa left his town. Stop. Light beacons to signal departure. Stop. Reindeer gone mad. Stop. Always butting heads. Stop. Maybe something in water. Stop. Locals say is bitter. Stop. Send word on mystery. Stop.

ali Posts: 22
OOC Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 5'4 :: 28
ali
Ktulu protects herself.

Santa left his town.: Ktulu left the Throat.

Always butting heads.: She hardly ever sees eye to eye with anyone and often ends up arguing/fighting with them. Examples are Birch, Archibald, and Djinn.

Maybe something in water ... Send word on mystery.: Could refer to the Deep Woods, where she can usually be found. One pool of water has red stones at the bottom of it. No one knows for sure how they got there so it is a mystery.

Korra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Korra protects herself.

Santa left his town - Korra left the Edge.
Reindeer gone mad - Korra has antlers, like a reindeer.
Always butting heads - Korra is vicious and usually 'butts heads' with everyone in her vicinity.
Locals says is bitter - Korra is a bitter personality.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan is safe.

Santa left his town: Ex-edger. Also his father is called Nicolas which could be a reference to Santa/St.Nicolas.
Reindeer gone mad: He's known for going mad/ Mad Doctor. He's also a unicorn
Maybe something in the water: He's questing for magic to poison water inside anothers body

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
Phi says she is safe.

Santa left his town.
Phi left the throat

Reindeer gone mad.
lol, she's a unicorn ish

Always butting heads
usually winds up in precarious situations

Maybe something in water
Red bloody stones in bottom of deep forest where she lives

Send word on mystery.
Phi is mysterious

Xira would admire your cleverness, were any of it put to good use. The sisters and children of the edge are all safe.

48 hours have passed, and AURELIUS was sought!

Santa left his town.
Santa is generally depicted as short and stocky and has a beard. Aurelius grows a beard during winter and is short and stocky. Aurelius left 'his town', The Edge, when he was driven out.

Light beacons to signal departure.
The Brecon Beacons are a mountain range in Wales; googling beacon brings up the wikipedia article, which contains this information. Aurelius is part Welsh Mountain horse.

Reindeer gone mad.
Reindeer have cloven hooves and 'things' on their heads, suggesting unicorn.

Always butting heads.
To butt is a synonym for ram. Aurelius has ram horns on his head.

Maybe something in water. Locals say is bitter.
"The origins of the word 'chocolate' probably comes from the Classical Nahuatl word xocolātl (meaning 'bitter water')"; Aurelius' coat color is described as chocolate.

Send word on mystery.
Aurelius is described as mysterious.

Stop.
Seven stops were placed within the stealth to signify his age.

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
FAIL

Santa left his town.
Santa is generally depicted as short and stocky and has a beard. Aurelius grows a beard during winter and is short and stocky. Aurelius left 'his town', The Edge, when he was driven out.

This clue passes, because it has a lot of parts to it an fits well, however it is a bit of a stretch to me to think of Aurelius as santa.

The Brecon Beacons are a mountain range in Wales; googling beacon brings up the wikipedia article, which contains this information. Aurelius is part Welsh Mountain horse.

This clue fails, why would I google beacon when that is not directly associated to Aurelius?

Reindeer gone mad.
Reindeer have cloven hooves and 'things' on their heads, suggesting unicorn.

This clue passes, reindeer obviously pointed to unicorns for me.

Always butting heads.
To butt is a synonym for ram. Aurelius has ram horns on his head.

This clue fails, many things, basically all things with horns or antlers, butt heads and to me is more a term for personality of stubbornness. This also felt like another unicorn clue.

"The origins of the word 'chocolate' probably comes from the Classical Nahuatl word xocolātl (meaning 'bitter water')"; Aurelius' coat color is described as chocolate.

This clue fails, ultimately it was well researched and I can make the connection now that it's explained, but most people think of chocolate as sweet, and chocolate just being a descriptive term of his coat is more loosely connected to him and so not something I would have googled to learn this.

Send word on mystery.
Aurelius is described as mysterious.

This clue passes, simple enough.

Stop.

This clue fails, this counting requires looking at clues above. A clue should stand alone by itself in its own line.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Blu
WHOOPS tired Blu can't count to three.

I passed the steal since you had 3 clues that passed.

However this one was on the line and at the end I never had that "OH it was Aurelius!" moment.

Helovia Hard Mode

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
Santa left his town.
Pass - Santa to me is sort of tall-ish and fat (maybe because I am short as hell?) And Aurelius isnt fat at all. He's a svelt, handsome little devil. However, the clue did sat that he "left his town", so that's okay.

Fail - maybe if you included "brecon" in your clue, but this is way too distant. All clues must be able to be right on google, not like... way into a document that you used google to fine.

Reindeer gone mad.
Pass - unicorn

Always butting heads.
Fail - Another unicorn reference, sort of. It was a bit of a stretch to have it apply to a horn type, I think.

Fail This clue was so... incredibly distance from anything you could find on the first page of google. Chocolate is also a metaphor for his ACTUAL coat color, so you have to go through like... multiple inception layers to end up at "bitter". Like Blu said, bitter is not associated with chocolate. Also, "something in the water" doesnt refer to Aurelius either. To me, this clue would be referring to something bitter, like trauma, that had to do with water or a mirror or something like that.

Send word on mystery.
Iffy Pass - mystery describes Aurelius according to his profile, but in the context of this stealth "mystery" referred to the entire santa leaving, reindeer, etc. It was hard to see how that would apply to personality.

Stop.
Fail - The word "stop" has nothing to do with age. If there had been something entwined in the stealth that denoted age or time passing like "seasons pass" or something like that. Even "Winter. Summer. Spring. Fall. Winter. Summer...." then that would be okay.

Overall Pass but only because there were three clues that were separate and because I felt like the other clues were not purposefully misleading. However, a few clues really stood on the border of being misleading. Especially the "beacon" clue. A beacon or a light that is a signal could have been a clue for a lighter coat color, or even if a character gained gold markings before the ex-edgers left.

I pass this. I feel there were 3 valid clues.
I think, like Blu and Tamme, the first Santa clue didn't really work for me and there were other iffy ones. But I don't think I really need to add anything more to what's already been said ^^

However, the 'Beacon' one, in my own opinion, does. If you google 'beacon' the Brecon Beacons come up with reference to Wales. So I'd pass that. [however, I know google is tailored to where you live and not everyone's search is the same. So that could be just my google xD]

I do have one question though. If its classed as a fail to count the number of 'stop' words. Why do we pass the number of lines in a riddle as a valid age reference? o.O

filled with rage

Blu
It's something the admin are discussing, as well as title clues.

I hadn't been aware people were using line based counting clues or titles as clues so admin are determining if this should be valid.

Helovia Hard Mode

ahh okay!
Thank you anyway blu <3

filled with rage