the Rift

Revenge :: [Psyche/Plague]

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

Mauja was still trapped in his time stream where he would remain for longer yet, but what he learned after returning to the veins and hearing from the pale stallion in the void was disturbing. His sister had double crossed this band of unicorns, but she had not done enough to warrant action. She was a clever bitch, always able to undermine without breaking the rules - able to toe on the edge of the line with perfect balance. Something had to be done, but what?

The God of the Spark was typically uninvolved in the lives of the mortals, finding them boring, dull and rather limited, but he did not have much of a choice now. Though he could not deny a certain glee he gained from (for once) being a part of this land. He would assume a mantle like the other gods now. He would assume a title to the mortals and stick around for a while yet. Hooves travelled through the ever present snow as the eclipse was burning bright around the edges above them. The stallion was curious about what the eclipse would mean, but for right now, that was not his concern.

Blue eyes sought out that ratty bunch of unicorns in the mist, eying them soon after. "How would you like to exact revenge and reap rewards?" he asked the group with a small grin. Electricity was arching over his cropped mane and jumping through his shorter tail.

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
The act of gods and goddesses were normally not his concern. He remained just as indifferent, just as detached, as he had when he arrived to the Edge and when they were forced to leave. Nonchalant and aloof, wild, fierce, feral, he pierced then unleashed acrimony, not emotion, not reactions, not heartfelt sentiments that flew from his bracken heart. He hadn’t been distraught or waylaid by their loss (for in the fury of the battlefield, he’d carved his own triumph, known the taste of victory in the midst of pyrrhic consequences), merely etching desolation and seclusion into the depths of winter, into the carnage of lingering distortion. Yet now, in the swinging scythe of restoration, one deity promised them something, uttered words that could wring temptation from their mouth; that could arch the antagonistic canon of their scheming. They’d been growing, slinking amongst the runes and ruins of a chilling, glacial expanse, biding their time for the whims and fancies of others to be absconded, stolen, dominated and devastated. Insurrection, annihilation, sedition in the cruelest, heedless fervor, where the danger of their finery, the breadth of their revolution could be reignited, incensed in the blood of neglected souls. He stepped forward instantly, the cold, ruthless gaze of his cerulean stare pinpointed upon the deity that clamored of revenge, that riddled their loss with his grin, offered the shards of their return. One word ghosted, passed, from his lips, a grating sibilance that churned and burned through his mouth, exact prose that could claim a palace in which they no longer drifted, but defeated, pried conquest from the dead hands. “Land.” To foster vengeance, to procure strength, to riddle the world of calamities and maelstroms over and over again, to deliver retaliation amongst those ensconced in their moonlit world, to reign supreme in their rightful place.

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

The God of the Spark had appeared out of nowhere, it seemed. One moment, their rag-tag bunch of unicorns had been milling around aimlessly, wandering when the thaw of Birdsong would reach the frozen wasteland that had become their home, and the next, a deity of ebony and ivory with a crooked horn and swirls on his haunches had materialized. His icy blue eyes considered them, as though weighing them against some mental scale. Apparently, they were a satisfactory bunch - or perhaps they weren't, and he were simply using them for his own gain. It wouldn't be the first time that their herd had been caught up in the battles of the gods, as the Lady of the Moon had proven so obviously last Orangemoon. The mortals were simply pawns that the gods would move as they chose, and if pieces fell off the board? Well, that was simply too bad, wasn't it?

The shadow-mare gazed at the god with amber eyes alight with the fire of vengeance, and as Deimos spoke simply one word - land - she took a confident step forward, placing herself directly in front of him and giving a nod of respect. If he were to give them the means to exact revenge upon the Qian and the Moon Goddess, who had so betrayed and failed them, then he would be worthy of such a gesture from her. Perhaps he would simply use them for his own reasons, but this time, they would be prepared. Should an outcast band of miscreants come knocking at their door again, they would be met with well-trained fighters and defenders who would give none of their ground to outsiders. That was assuming that he gifted them with such a place - and this, the jackal doubted, as he had failed to mention just how they would be getting their revenge.

When she spoke, her voice held that seductive purr that was her trademark, and she regarded him with a mixture of flirtation and cruelty. It was not anything against him, it was simply her way. "Revenge sounds like exactly what we're after, sir. Would you be so very kind as to let us in on exactly what rewards are involved and what price we must pay to gain them?" If she had learned anything, it was that everything came with a cost, and it was not always one that was easily paid. She had no qualms, however; should he offer a decent reward, she would ensure that they paid whatever price they must to ensure that their gift would be granted.

[W/C | 433]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Korra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: korratabler.png]

KORRA

As the God of the Spark approached, their small band greeted him. They had fallen far from their former glory, once a fortress of strength but now reduced to the sad, scattered remains of what once was. Deimos stepped forward instantly, and the savage joined him as she came drifting through the birdsong slush. Mauja was remarkable in his absence, and it was no secret that the little russet vix did not completely trust Psyche yet. So she took action upon herself, brown eyes unusually heated as she laid her gaze upon the black and white divinity. Deimos was someone she could trust, someone who had been with the Plague for long. That was the reason she now chose his vicinity above Psyche’s, as uncomfortable as it may make her feel.

The two of them had never exchanged many words, but they were similar in a lot of ways; words were superfluous. This could very well turn out to be the helping hand they had wished for, and the wildling did not care to stand and watch it pass by. The gray face of death spoke, and the gold-tinged barbarian nodded her antlered crown, but as Psyche shoved herself in front of the warrior, Korra felt a snarl cross her face. This was pushing her non-existent patience, raising her voice when the clueless Psyche started blabbering. Who gave a damn about the price; it was a land they needed. The barbarian was certain that the God would cash in his reward no matter what; mortals should not be bargaining with things above them. “Now in war, we are confronted with conditions which are strange. If we accept them, we will never win,” she rasped hoarsely. “We need the unexpected. A fortress; surely, no one will have seen that coming.”

thrilling to think, poor child of sin -
it was the dead who groaned within.

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

Suddenly, the air was different, and in an instant, the attention of the unicorns was directed to the God of the Spark. Like the rest, Crowley turned and approached the God, his yellow eyes drinking in his appearance. He was of normal stature, shorter than himself, but he knew without a doubt that the deity could wipe him out without a second thought.

The brindle came to a halt once he had reached the same point as the others, standing not far from the rest. Korra's aggitation was clear to see, and unable to help himself, he chuckled inwardly. It was good to see that the mare had not found death in the Grove, but he wouldn't dare bring it up right now. His attention quickly returned to the God standing before them, listening to his question, and the answers from his brethern. He had not been in Helovia during the invasion of The Edge, but he had heard plenty of it from those that resided here.

At current, Crowley saw no reason for himself to speak. Land, so long as it was not this barren winterland, seemed one of the best things they could have. They needed an upperhand, so to speak, against the Moon Goddess and the enemies they had forged throughout Helovia. But Psyche was right; whatever they were given, they had to weight it's value and the consequences that would come with it.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"
-- Patrick Rothfuss

d'Artagnan watched as each of his plague comrades came to greet the swirly spark God. First the normally mute Deimos spoke simply one word and successfully summed up all of their desires by doing so. The shade smiled, he knew little of this dark beast but rumours and jokes told to him by Mauja in their time spent on the cliff. It was a quality to be admired, the red Doctor certainly didn't have the means to keep his mouth shut when needed, but then again, that's where Kou came in. He was followed swiftly by Psyche, who he had mutual respect for, Korra who he didn't quite care for and a unicorn who looked older than himself. d'Artagnan looked curiously at Crowley for the first time, dual pools assessing the boy in one mere glance. Adequate until proven otherwise.

The Nightshade turned back to the God then, eyes narrowing as he thought of the Moon. She had betrayed them, put her faith in Mirage over them and forsaken them to this snowy realm. Even so, what was to say he was any different? Gods did as they pleased, their power was infinite, so why trust this one? d'Artagnan scowled, not convinced by the timeless being that stood shorter than himself. "The Moon deserted us and now you appear? I'm sorry if I'm a little bold for your tastes great God but give me a reason to trust you."

His voice was cold, silvery markings shining on his red hide, a constant reminder of the Princess of Night. He hated and loved her, the night was his greatest friend after all. Yet those who stood before him pander to the every will of this God, forgotten the reason why Mirage was allowed to attack in the first place. Questioning pools looked to the Moon's brother now; did he too intend to make them pawns in some sick twisted game? Mortals are simply pieces on a chessboard for betters to play with.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

Revenge. What more could he ask for? He saw this new God, the God of Spark, appear from the mist of the snow-clad land, heard the whispers and telling of the others around him. He agreed with the God, they must plot revenge. Psyche was right. What was the price to pay for getting what was rightfully theirs back from those who had stolen it? Who didn’t know it’s worth? He looked at this god figure, thinking. He hadn’t met a god before in his life, didn’t know any thing of such power existed. He hadn’t heard these things until he finally stopped wondering around in the north. Even then, he hadn’t heard or felt anything like a god watching over him. The Nightshade was correct also. Why should he be trusted, considering what the other did? But he knew this answer, and decided to join the conversation as well.
“Because he the only way we can get ahead.” He stepped forward, standing a little by Psyche, but a couple feet from her. “If this Moon Goddess betrayed us, and he comes to offer his help, why shouldn’t we take it? Even if it comes at a price, it might be worth doing, because we can get back at those wretched beings, and we all agree they deserve it.” He paused, then directly spoke to the Spark. “Being as one who lived in solitude for over 7 years, I don’t necessarily believe that you are who you say to be. I have no experience with Gods, and I didn’t even know that there was one for the World’s Edge until a couple of months ago. If we are going to take the World’s Edge back, I don’t want that bitch to be in charge of it. She can go to hell for all I care.” He stomped his hoof, showing his disapproval. “Not to be rude, but can you reveal your godly powers to us? I’m quite the skeptic at the moment.”

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

The God of the Spark listened and glared down the red and white stallion for a few, long, uncomfortable seconds. Then, he turned to the rest of the group and grimaced tightly. The entire lot of them was burnt out and defeated, which he could understand. But the doubters and demanders - they could go to hell. Or whatever underworld souls went to when they died. He would never know where that place was, so he didn't give a damn. Perhaps they just disappeared into nothing. From nothing to nothing.

Blue eyes saw the statement of the moon written on a few, but how could they continue to follow such a creature who offered her blessings to another? "The Moon God did not directly betray you, but I am sure you can see that loyalties can lie in more than one place," he said, looking at Psyche. "I will give you what your subjects want. I can give you land." The God waited for those words to sink in before smiling.

"But in return, you must promise to not align yourself with any of the other herds. For the first time in Helovia's history, three major herds have aligned themselves peaceably, and this does not provide balance." The God of the spark twisted his evenly cropped tail around his hocks. "I intend to upset this balance, and giving you land would be an ideal start."

Then, he turned to the bay moon child d'Artagnan and the bloody Valentine. "Whether or not you two believe I am who I am matters not. I do not give a damn about your skepticism or if you trust me. You can follow me to the herd land I am generously offering, or you can stay here and rot in apathy and dishonor." With that, the strange, black and white stallion began his trek north, and he grinned, expecting to hear groans of protest. The mountains that lay ahead is where he was going.

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F A E L E N E
everything is held at length

Among the white landscape that was filled with softened snow it was hard to miss the black and white stallion that came in their mists. There was something to his static hair of blue tones, swirled marks, and horn shaped like a lightning bolt. When he spoke his voice commanded to be heard. Faelene listened with interest, but hung away from the group. She was surprised by their murmur of chatter, questions, and accusations. Though she couldn't quite blame them either. Gods she far from understood, and wasn't sure how much trust she placed in them not to do something cruel in the end. A promise of land...but with Psyche for the Queen was spoken when he made a final declaration. What a hard pill to swallow, but the promise of land Faelene could do that couldn't she? She could not think of leaving now, even with Mauja gone there were others that she felt loyal to. There was no way she would simply disappear. If the Ice King returned she wanted to be there. Besides where else did she belong? There was no other herd for her. She would follow the God to wherever he lead them, and do her best for both sides. Even if that meant pledging her loyalty to Psyche.

[end]

ooc;this is going to be my first and final post.