the Rift

At Home Among The Bones [open]

Slaiter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Slaiter
I'll murder half the town, and leave you lovenotes on their headstones

Slipping through the trees like a specter, he comes, a ghastly reminder of the dark reputation of the Marsh. A buckskin once, now lightly shaded with the green-gray of rot, dark hollows in the place of eyes. Clasped in his teeth is a curved sliver of ivory, the broken remnant of a rib. A dead creature, pitiless, dangerous, unnatural, carrying the remains of a kill. Black-clad legs stride through the thick mud, unmindful of the slight pull or the muck that clings to his hooves. He pauses near a large pool of water, gazing down at the body of a unicorn with a rapt expression. Carefully, he fishes the skull of corpse from the murky water with his foreleg, bringing it to the surface for purposes unknown.

Of course, Slaiter is not really dead, he simply appears to be so. Black eyes, hidden under equally dark markings, regard his prize, evaluating the level of decay. Flesh still hangs off the pale bone, tattered and stringy, putrefied by the long rest in stagnant water. Undeterred, the ghoulish stallion carefully bites down on the twisting horn that protrudes from the skull, making certain not to drop the deer bone that he has carried from the Threshold. He lifts the head from the slick ground, and despite the awkward weight, manages to move it onto a drier patch of earth, close to the trunk of a tree. Both burdens are deposited here, and a surprisingly sweet smile crosses his features. “That’s better, isn’t it? I can’t imagine that it was pleasant to be stuck underwater like that. I’m Slaiter, and this doe is Mira.” He nudges the rib fondly, then turns back to the skull. “Donner? Is that your name?” A pause, as if he is actually listening for a reply, then the odd stallion prances slightly, excitement evident in every motion.

Spotting more bodies in the surrounding liquid, sheer delight lights his eyes in an almost unholy way. “There are so many,” he murmurs, gazing across the vast expanse of corpses. “Let’s all be friends!” Again he approaches the water, slipping slightly in the slick mud, and begins the painstaking process of dredging up another skull, this one belonging to a pegasus. Cheerfully, he begins to hum, hooking a hoof into the empty eye socket of the thing and drawing it to the surface.

Ubaya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
The creature lurked. Examining bodies. Taking things from them. He gazed at the dead beings. Pity did not fill the creatures heart. It was nothing pleasant that entered the domain of his heart. His thoughts of deep and dark were interrupted by another. A stallion with a horn atop his head. The creature had a skull from his kin resting upon his scarred face. He lurked within the dark marsh. Watching the stallion dig up skulls the creature wanted to meet this stallion. The creature smiles in a horrendous way. His pupil-less eyes filled with greed. He began to dig up bodies too. Finding ribs and skulls. Spines and more. He grunted in satisfaction as he pulled up what appeared to be a section of a wing. He began to place them in some hollow trees and wandered on, following the unicorn. He finally came closer to the stallion."Hello."His voice was raspy, his tone mysterious and the total opposite of sane. He did not speak anymore, for the creature waited for the unicorn to speak. This unicorn must be mental too. Or, so he is in the creatures' eyes. Large wings fold sloppily on the side of the creature as he went closer to the stallion. The creature was pleased that there were others like him. Ones that had minds of mystery and insanity.

OOC: Bone buddies!0_0
WC: 226

Unregistered

Slaiter

The ghoul spins around at the sound of another’s voice, but the strange creature who spoke instantly attracts his morbid mind. A ram-horned skull has been placed over his face, obscuring his features, aside from the milky eyes that gaze from the gaps where the unfortunate unicorn’s own eyes had once rested. Unlike many, Slaiter does not find black pegasus eerie, or dangerous. Instead, he sees a potential friend, one bearing traits of the dead he prefers to live amongst. Delighted, the zombie-like stallion prances in place. “Hello! I’m Slaiter!” Unable to contain himself, the ghoul steps forward and sniffs the bony helmet Ubaya wears. “How did you get it on? Can you show me?” It would be so much easier to carry his friends this way, instead of grabbing them in his mouth. He’ll have more than one skull though…A frown darkens his face, before a new idea takes hold. He can leave the rest here, and just wear one out! Then, he can come back and swap them when he tires of his current friend.

Speaking of friends, he really should try to find Faelene later. The girl with blood in her mane had led him to her home, but then left him alone. She had other friends to see, living friends. Slaiter doesn’t much understand why someone would want a bunch of friends who were alive. Wouldn’t they leave? He shoots a look towards Mira and Donner, content in the knowledge they wouldn’t go away. They would stay right where he put them, forever.

Unregistered
The creature stepped back slightly as the unicorn, Slaiter sniffed his skull helm. He quickly tosses his heada few times in such a manner that the skull slips off slowly, revealing a mutilated, burned and scarred face. Raw flesh began to bleed, for it had accepted and had grown upon the skull the creature wore. He did not show pain and he helped Slaiter out by taking one of the skulls Slaiter had constantly looked upon."Me help." He began to place it gently upon Slaiter's head before realizing it would not go on due to his horn. The creature poked a hole into the forehead with a branch, the pieces falling into the murky depths of the water. The creature placed it on the head of Slaiter, covering all but his eyes and nostrils. He presses gently, allowing the skull to slip into place. "May hurt. Will feel better." He grinned deviously at his work before placing his own skull back upon his head, the crimson blood flowing down from below his skull. "Me Ubaya."He finally said, deciding this stallion not to be a harm, but a friend, one that shared a passion with him.

The creature looked at the stallion, who clearly was not afraid of his violent and gruesome nature. The creature had finally found a friend."You belong to "Grey"? Me met horse, spoke of "Grey". Was scared."He grinned, proud that he had scared off another with his nature and appearance. He waited for the stallion to speak.

OOC:
WC: 254

Unregistered

Slaiter

Ubaya’s ravaged face is calmly accepted, cherished even, for it adds to the stallion’s dead appearance. It doesn’t seem to bother the pegasus at all, and Slaiter wonders childishly if he was born with ruined flesh, and if that was why he wore a mask of bone. Shrugging aside the thought, he instead focuses on staying still while his new friend slips a skull over his head. As soon as the helmet is in place, he trots around in a circle, pleased that it fits well enough that it doesn’t slide. He grins back, the expression looking fierce underneath his macabre adornment.

Ears prick as words reach them, drinking in the creature’s dark voice. “No, not Grey. I’m...umm…” Unable to remember the exact name, Slaiter pauses, racking his memory for the place Faelene had talked about. His face lights up as he remembers. “Frostbreath! I belong to Frostbreath.” Having chased a butterfly and ended up on the other side of Helovia, the ghoul was unaware that the herd relocated, blissfully believing them to be in the same place he had left them. Eyes gleam with excitement, and he gives a small buck to release some of his boundless energy. “Nice horses. Faelene. Want to meet?” He didn’t know that all of them were nice, having never met any other members of the Ex-edge besides the black mare, but to his mind, if she lived there and was nice, everyone else must be too. Head tilts quizzically to the side, wondering if maybe Ubaya could live there too.

Unregistered
The creature grinned, pleased at the sight of Slaiter. He looked better with the helm. When Slaiter was invited the creature to meet another, he looked about with his emotionless eyes."Meet other?"He paused, wondering how this horse would react to his unstable mind and form. "She have.... horn?"He asked. He was always intrigued by unicorns, wondering of things no one would want to hear. His devious eyes stared at the murky water. His lips formed into a grim smile. "Me want to meet them."His voice was deep and grim. His mind searched the farthest corners for any possible reason on why he would be hated by the horses Slaiter wanted him to meet."Me have skull of unicorn. They be scared?"His bulky form shifted. He stared at his newly made unicorn friend. He wanted to meet these horses, but he was afraid they would outcast him for his unstable mind.

OOC:
WC: 155