the Rift

Denying the Dead [Sun God Return]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

Seasons have passed and I have lost everything. My home was of little concern, but without it I am in everlasting solitude. My magic and control is gone. I have heard whispers and watched from the border as an abomination slithers into my place. And then there is the greatest loss.

Today has been the first day I could no longer feel him. Pyr has been gone for so long now, all I have felt is his fear and love. But today there is nothing, and somehow, that is far worse. I feel a rage burn within my breast as the possibility of the Sultana's murderous rage rising to a peak occurs to me. I feel as though he is dead, and it seems as if he is gone. He would never speak to me before, but now the silence seems more complete.

I fear for him. The desire I once had to gain control of the air seems a foolish one now. With the bones gathered in a bucket I'd once forged and now could no longer control, I make my way across the land bridge. The lava at my feet spits and hisses, and the bones of Voltaic, Irc, and the unknown pegasus from the marsh rattle in their place. Hatred and a vile taste build in my mouth; it takes all I can to stop it from spewing forth.

"Show yourself, Sun God! I have waited too long for your return, now give me what I've asked of you." It appears no amount of holding back can diminish the bite in my tone. I have always had little patience for the quarrels of the Gods, and the consequences it has had on me make me even less receptive to pity.

[[At last his wings! Thank you admin. :)]]

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

A pillar of fire swaths the ornate statue that stands as the Sun God's shrine. The flame spits and crackles between the metal and rock, hissing and writhing like hungry snakes. In the heart of the orange glow, a bright white begins and expands until it is over encompassing and battles with the sun above for brilliance.

From the glow the god emerges, bathed in flames as his form steps eagerly onto the plateau. The spiral of his antlers rises like a gnarled crown from his head, tilting as his gaze steadies on the immortal before him. A devilish grin crosses his maw and is soon split by a rough and raucous laugh. "Long Prometheus? You sound like a mortal speaking as such. I would have expected your'd know better than to measure seasons in such a way." The god is in good humor despite the zombie's foul mood that seemed only equal to his foul odor. The bright spirits of the Sun could not be dampened by insignificant prayers when he too had waited long to return here.

With mirth still on his feature the Sun God spreads his wings wide, nearly as if to mock the absence of them upon Prometheus, or perhaps as a display of what he would soon have. Likely the cynical undead would take the first meaning. The fire still crackling within his shrine is consumed by the shadow of his wings and set running along the edges of his primaries. His hooves shift on the ground as he prepares to gift the unfortunate child of eternity.

"There will be pain," he warned briefly before sweeping his mighty wings down in a great movement. Flames staggered in the air and danced around Prometheus, snapping eagerly at the bones in the bucket which was readily reduced to a pool of molten metal. Another down stroke and the bones lifted and began to shape themselves as the flames beckoned them into their deadly dance. A third and final sweep of his wings, the feather tips brushing Prometheus as they moved, and the bones were melted into his body.

The winged appendages folded neatly along the Sun God's backside and he appraised his handy work with keen golden eyes. The flesh would be raw and tender where the bones connected to Prometheus' shoulders and withers for a few days, but they were functional. Despite the skeletal design lacking skin, except when the boy used his potential form, the bones themselves were infused with his magic and they would carry the zombie true.

CREDITS

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

I grin in the face of the fire. What a comforting and familiar thing it is. Once I had walked through fire, manipulated it to my liking. I had almost killed with such a power- killed the one I love. And now the god stands before me as if he knows nothing of my ills. Certainly the God of the Sun cansee into my mind, clouded by death as it is.

Or had the gods created something even they could not control? The thought tickles me, but the God's comment turns my face to stone. "One would think you would better understand the passing of time after your sojourn," I utter in a somewhat low growl, remembering with a pang the loss of my companion. "Time is just as much measured in loss as it is anticipation. Even the dead are subject to such ills." I had been a fool to trust Midas with such an important task. The question remains, however; am I the murderer for weakening Pyr, is Kri for crushing him, or is Midas for failing to heal him? Only two of the suspects could suffer for their crimes, and I have no intention of fair trial.

But this is no time for thoughts of revenge or idle chatter. The Sun God speaks, warning me of pain and prize, and my body stiffens to greet the oncoming magic. Bones melt and shift; the bucket drops. From my back the bones extend, and for a moment there is no pain. But then time shifts and I stand as my potential, with feathered wings bursting forth through flesh and spurting hot, living blood against the stone. Were the air not so hot to begin with I may have heard it, but as it is I feel the pressure and burning pain around and within me. I let out a wretched cry, one of giving up, one of forgetting to care. I see pulsating light and spots of red and white cloud my vision. I remember that which I love, that tiny tiger cub now grown.

My body curls and hits the stone with sudden force. The body of the potential withers away in illusion, but my child-like figure still seems weak. Flesh tinges where it connects the bone wings, the wings that instinctively expand and unfurl. They clatter together, creating a beautifully sickening chorus of sound that is furthered by the crackling of flame. Eyes filled with worship turn upwards, and I gaze up at the god to speak.

"Thank you."

[[<3]]

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.