the Rift

A New Life [Newcomer, CLOSED]

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
The crunch of a thin layer of leftover snow beneath Note's hooves could be heard, seemingly, all throughout the forest. He couldn't hear the soft, lulling sound of a bird's song anywhere. He walked forward, farther into the forest a few paces, then stopped abruptly. He smelled the faint smell of many, many horses.
Note's head started to swim with images of herds, and herds of horses. What if they were violent and ruthless like the stallion he had spent the first year of his life with? Or would they be simple outcasts and seclude him?
He sighed and lowered his head to the ground. 'Or what if they're actually decent horses and you're overreacting..', Note thought to himself. Any of those could be the case. He pulled his head up, breaking into a strong trot. As he headed deeper into the forest, the smell of horses grew stronger.
At one point, Note slowed his trot, searching for any horses, any at all. He didn't care if they were cruel, or friendly, he was going for it. He was sick and tired of living on his own, he needed to speak again, to speak to other horses and not just himself.

Lynx Posts: 73
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15 :: 5
Shoikan

Lynx
Hope and pray that you never need me, but rest assured I will not let you down.

Loud rustling sounds bring the golden stallion to investigate, following the unstealthy creature’s trail for a few minutes before the pegasus comes into view. With a mental sigh, he steps forward, revealing himself to the winged stranger. Solitude is something he understands well, just as he understands the need for company, though he can rarely provide the companionship so many seek. Not for lack of effort, though Lynx would never be enthusiastic about conversing with random horses in the woods, but because of the disfigurement he bears. Ebon horn that should stand proudly, has chosen instead to reverse it’s course and grow through the left side of his face.

Still, he supposes he can attempt to lead the desert-colored steed to a potential home, a land full of other pegasi for the fellow to mingle with. Stopping a few feet away, the buckskin waits in silence for a response, be it revulsion or curiosity, or any emotion in between.

Hidden Account
Note froze at the sound of thumping hooves come to a stop behind him. He slowly turned to face the horse who had come to him. He took in every bit of the new a horse, a stallion with a golden coat and a disfigured horn. He was slightly taken aback by the stallion's appearance, but didn't show it. The stallion was a truly magnificent creature, with his deformity. Note immediately had a new respect for him, to live with something like that and constantly being asked questions about it. He quickly adjusted to his presence, dipping his head slightly to the stallion, knowing he had invaded his home, Note didn't want to come off as disrespectful and indecent.
"Hello, my name is Note," He said simply and respectfully, hoping the stallion wouldn't be too angry at him for showing up randomly in the forest.

Hidden Account
Shoikan

Lynx

The respect in the taller stag’s voice eases some of the tension stored in Lynx’s body. He grants Note a brief smile and dips his head slightly in polite acknowledgement. It seemed that the horses around here were much more accepting than those in his old homeland, for so far none had condemned him for his maimed skull. The soft heat of the sun also soothes the normally irritable stallion, easing the pained flesh around the black spear and soothing him into a more pleasant mood.

Offering his own name is the courteous thing to do, though Lynx is uncertain of how to do so now. Before, he had used the snow as a canvas, drawing the image of the small cat with a hoof onto the soft fluff. Now, Frostfall is retreating, the snow melting away and leaving him without a means to communicate. The ground is muddy though, and perhaps that will do. The unicorn paws the earth, clearing enough space to work with, and began the familiar task of sketching out a lynx. Large paws, stubby tail, and spots are meticulously added, until he steps away, satisfied with his picture. It is crude, but the steed was not an artist, and the basic idea was still there. Eyes glance to Note, then he gestures with his head for the pegasus to view his abstract drawing.

Hidden Account
As the stallion started to ease up, Note did too. He smiled back in the same brief fashion, and watched as he started to scribble at the muddy ground.
Note walked to the patch the unicorn had been pawing at, and peered down at the picture before him. It was a speedy drawing of a lynx. He glanced up at the stallion, starting to understand more about him.
"A lynx...that's your name, isn't it? Well, Lynx," Note said with a smile, "it's a pleasure to meet you."
He would't dare say a word about Lynx's inability to speak, he had most likely bared enough of that in his life. Note could tell his horn went through his mouth, and that was enough for him.

Hidden Account
Shoikan

Lynx

A nod and another quick smile are directed to Note as he speaks. It is refreshing, to meet someone who does not stare at his deformity, or comment on it. The simple acceptance its existence, without judgment or ridicule, but Lynx into an almost friendly mood, and he decides that the pegasus would likely do well in the Throat herd. If he wishes for a home that is. Again, the obstacle of being voiceless looms before him, daring the buckskin to find a way around it.

Though it is likely not the most effective method, the golden stag turns and walks away a few steps. Halting, he looks back and uses his head to gesture, the universal ‘follow me’ signal. Of course, it is up to Note to decide whether or not to come with the silent stranger, but Lynx hopes he will. The bay has proven to be enjoyable company, and the Throat could always use another member. If the desert is not to the winged one's liking, he can always choose to move on.

Hidden Account
As the stallion, Lynx, gestures for him, Note hesitates. He had just met this stallion, and he was expecting Note to follow him. He took a step to the stallion, a small step, but a step. Would he be making the right decision by going with him? Or was Lynx leading him to certain death?

'You're overreacting, again..' Note thought to himself. He had a terrible habit of overthinking things. After his abuse from the stallion he had spent his early years from, how could he not be? He looked up at Lynx, then took another step. And another. He continued to walk to the stallion till he was at his shoulder. He stared into his eyes, his own sharp green ones looking determined. He gave Lynx a nod, prepared to follow the golden, speechless unicorn anywhere he may lead them.

Hidden Account
Shoikan
(Shall we declare this thread closed and move them to Dragon's Throat now?)

Hidden Account
(Sure! Do you want to open the new topic, or shall I?)

Hidden Account
Shoikan
(Well, I actually have to go right now, so you can start if you'd like to, or I can do it whenever I get back, whichever you'd prefer.)

Hidden Account
(I'll go open it up c:)