the Rift

hungry ghosts. [yseulte, cass, open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia frowned deeply at the wolf's words, dual eyes staring ahead with a somber expression. Would Tinek follow her forever? Or would he eventually realize that life without their connection was more liberating? She knew that her heart would break without his little, young presence brightening her day with some nonsensical whimsy. The white mare felt another set of talons land on her back, but she did not falter in her steady, lithe movement. At least they had each other. Ophelia would continue in this darkness as she had from her birth, alone. Ktulu was her closest confidant, and even then, she did not often enjoy being a burden on her sister's strong shoulders.

Tinek blinked sadly as Comadre came closer, and like a child would with a parent, Tinek embraced the charcoal dragon tightly. His silver head rested against the smaller shoulder of his friend, and he sniffed sadly. Tinek hoped that his bond mate and the furry one stayed together so that he would have Comadre close by, but he knew that with Ophelia's wandering soul that she would feel the need to be alone.

"The occasional picture or color he would shove into my mind was at one point a distraction," she commiserated. "However, I miss the way he would interject into my own thoughts with his own form of communicating." Ophelia could not imagine what Osiris was feeling, having been bonded to the black dragon for much longer than she had been bonded to Tinek. Panic, like he said. Panic. Ophelia furrowed her brows deeply, glad to feel their talons on her back at least, if she could not hear his thoughts. "I will go to the veins to find out what happened," she murmured, knowing that she was also going for other reasons - reasons that had been developing in her mind for some time now.

Hoofsteps that were strange in weight and nature made the white mare lift her neck curiously, dual eyes watching as a lavender coat with sunkissed mane and tail moved into the clearing. She asked about them having long faces, and Ophelia could not help but snort in amusement at her friend's response. She could not help but notice the way Osiris positioned his larger, feral form in front of her, angling her so that she would be last to receive the brunt of an errant attack. The protective instincts warmed her heart, but she did not take them as a personal compliment. He was a kind soul beneath the callous exterior. She believe he would do the same for any friend; perhaps that was why she had fallen so hard for him not too long ago.

She frowned while gathering thoughts that wandered to far away from her before eyeing the beautiful mare. How could a coat be so purple? The color was almost as vibrant as the black dragon's eyes, and Ophelia knew that she paled in comparison to such beauty. Her young, lithe and long-legged figure almost looked lanky when placed against the mature and refined body of the other mare. They stood at nearly the same height, however, which was curious since Ophelia was normally taller than most of her gender. "I am unable to communicate with my dragon, Tinek," she explained softly, following Osiris' humor with honesty. "The absence of his presence in my mind is... I cannot find a word to describe the heartbreak."

Ophelia's lips twisted into a grimace, trying to hide her true emotion as her dual colored eyes steeled. "My name is Ophelia," she said quickly, trying to adjust the subject before the dull beat of her heart fell from her chest in agony. "I am a wanderer here, though I was once of the Dragon's Throat. And you?" Ophelia waited for the answer with a gentle expression, kindness radiating from her demeanor.

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
hungry ghosts. [yseulte, cass, open] - by Osiris - 12-01-2012, 11:02 PM
RE: hungry ghosts. [yseulte, cass, open] - by Ophelia - 12-20-2012, 03:49 PM