the Rift

gold hunting [open, pirates]

Cormac Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

C O R M A C
come with me if you seek a world full of gold

When had Cormac arrived in Helovia? Hours, days or weeks, it was a possibility any way. He was a carefree soul, even despite being stained with blood, and went wherever he wanted and slept whenever he pleased. No, he wasn't sure at all, but the stallion was confident in his abilities of war. He was blessed, and cursed, with a special tolerance of pain. Literally- the sea-going man could not feel pain, and so was the secret reason of his fighting. It also explained much of his need of mares, of adventure, for his worry was a constant one. If he could not feel pain, he worried he could feel nothing.

No, the stallion believed he had been here for... one week? After the beginning of spring, the melt, where the oceans turned gorgeous turquoise and sang sweet songs to his ears, when the sand turned soft and golden under his hooves. There was what seemed to be little sustenance here for most horses, but the sea-goer knew where to find seaweed when swimming, where to find the coarse grass on the sandbanks and dunes that rim the edge of the waters. While Cormac had lived in Gassul, he had been close to Lace, so very close. When his cousin had left, Cormac had disappeared to, except for a very different path.

Cormac lived on a coast far to the north, a coast of horse and man together, where they communicated with gentle words. Finding a liking for the taste of beer after his rider had given him some, drunk, he had permanently bonded to rider. Yes, in this town, the horses did not bond to dragons, nor hellhounds, nor fiendish creatures- they bonded to humans. A right proper mental bond as well. So Cormac had become a seafarer, taught many tricks by his rider, became a distraction, became the only horse to walk the seas along the pirate captain.

A grin lifted mealy lips as the battle-scarred stallion prowled along the edges of the whispering cat called the ocean, the cat that played with the pirate ships like they were mice, releasing them only to snap them up with fangs sharp and claws gleaming. He was a hungry wardog, Cormac, a wardog ready to find his own band, his own followers of lady-lovers, gold-hunters, battle-ready, broad-chested, ridiculous and hilarious, ocean-lovers. This stallion wanted his own pirates.

The smile slipped from the stallion as he remembered. Remembered his rider. It had been Cormac's own damn fault. The pirate had been riding into a small village, surrounded by his crew who had briefly picked up some battle horses of their own. They hadn't been expecting trouble. Certainly not. Yet somehow a spear had been thrown, and Cormac's pirate lay dead on the floor, bleeding out of a wound to the heart. What had happened after that? No, Cormac wasn't sure. It had been a mess of fear and chaos, of screaming horses and roaring pirates, the march of military and bang of the guns.

"Stop thinking of it, Cormac. He would've died eventually," The stallion walking the coast said aloud. Then he continued his walk, keeping a sharp golden eye out for any other wanderers looking for trouble.

[For anyone who wants to join under Cormac's pirate gang ^^]

Corsair Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[Image: corsairtable.png]

CORSAIR

Corsair hadn't moved from the Endless Blue. The smell of salt and the closeness of the ocean was enough to keep him lingering along the coast. Winters harsh bite being replaced with the timid arrival of Birdsong, the sun peeping from its long rest. He shook his mane and listened to the corks clatter together as he did so, their simple tune so familiar and relaxing. Just like the sea crashing against the beach. All was well for now. The pirate steed had decided this place wasn't so bad after all, it's residents fun loving and the seasons were beginning to turn warmer. Corsair sighed in content and looked out at the horizon until azure oculars finally laid eyes on another stallion.

The wood coloured stranger was perhaps three inches taller than himself and covered in scars with a nasty looking ear. His banners of hair of same colour to Corsair's own and all in all the old salt before him made quite a handsome steed. At least, friendly enough to approach with curious lobes and intent face, expression one of open sincerity as lips parted in warm greeting. "Coming to watch the sea too, old boy?" The stallion before him wasn't really all that old, but since he was only 3 Corsair thought he might be able to get away with it. His vocals were carefree and flamboyant enough to portray his friendly nature.

A breeze picked up his mane once more, playing the same merry tune with his rum stoppers.

[short post is short :T]

Take what you can, give nothing back.

Kraken Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Kraken scanned the ground below. The smell of salt water tangled in his mane and tail. His multicolor wings keeping him aloft. He swooped down, seeing two fellows that looked of equine race. He landed near them and walked nearer. "Ye boys be enjoying the salty air too?"He asked, a wide smile came across his lips. He was a hearty pirate that loved to wreck havoc, and this area here was his home. The smell of salt water was what kept him from leaving. The one stallion had rum stoppers tied within his hair. They both had friendly faces, and seemed to enjoy the salty air.

Kraken grinned nicely, his multicolor wings tucked neatly at his sides. He watched the waves roll upon one another, pushing closer towards the sandy shore. Kraken's home had looked something of this. But that was just a distant memory now. He noted the one wood colored stallion was covered in scars of plenty. Kraken himself had a few scars from previous fights. He stuck his nose out, smelling the salty air, listening to the crashing waves. It was so tempting to jump right into the turquoise waters. His mane was tossed about in the air by the salty breeze. He glanced at the two."You boys pirates too or just lovers of the salty sea?" He asked. He was friendly towards others, especially ones that loved the sea. Kraken could never leave this spot, he enjoyed the view so much. Apparently the other two did too.

OOC: Now I wanna go to the beach. X3
WC: 253

Unregistered

C O R M A C

Yes, soon enough company arrived. A young lad, an older man. Both of them were younger than battered old Cormac. Hardly any horse could beat Cormac in a fight now though, even despite the scars converting his ochre pelt into gray. Some may say only a reckless and careful steed would receive such bad damage- of course, a horse who could feel no pain was not aware of the wounds he may receive, and as a result he tended to care less for himself. One predatory amber eye, an eye like a hawk, watched the younger bachelor come close.

I'm the old lad? Cormac snorted. "I'm no old boy, little lamb." The words were harsh, but a tell-tale gleam in the golden eyes gave the pirate away. Yes, the lad seemed young to Cormac, quite young in fact, hide still remarkably intact and pretty over his muscles. Those sparkling youthful eyes were the blue of the ocean too, a fact which Cormac liked. No, all in all the young bucko seemed quite a good young man. "Yes, I do seek the ocean. Although there's a pathetic lack of riches and gold here." The battered stallion continued, one ear twisting around to catch the sounds of the gulls. They were squabbling, squawking, annoying creatures, unlike magpies. Magpies could lead you to something sparkling in a minute flat. Once, when Cormac was bonded, his rider owned a magpie.

Soon enough, the sound of wings cut through the air. The suave stallion glanced up. A parrot? No. Parrot-wing. Who was this guy, walking in there like he owned the beach? Cormac's roughened ears pricked, twisting towards the boy. He spoke like a drunken horse! "Aye, I do enjoy the ocean salt." Cormac shook his head, black mane curling in the salt-tainted breeze. "Say boys, there ain't nohorse else on this beach, eh?" Should there be no-one, the big stallion would take hold of the land with pleasure. Where the ocean is, the pirates came, as these fellows well demonstrated.

Pirates, if they have one curse and one gift, is that they come right out and say it or fight. No dallying, no dabbling, no lies- they want it all, or nothing. "Look, I don't even know ye names, but if you come with me we be finding gold all around and be livin' the shiny life." Cormac grinned at the two of them. "Looks like this land needs some chaos, boys, and this is how we begin. Do ye not agree every land needs some pirates?"

Camir Posts: N/A
Unregistered

C a m i r
take all, regret nothing

Small waves crashed against the shore, swirling around his hooves in futile attempts to engulf him, the seagulls shrieking endlessly as they rode the tepid winds carried of the never-ending blue. The sun towered high above, giving of languid streams of light on its journey westward. He had arrived as the birds trumpeted the arrival of spring, and well, there was something alluring about this place, still he had no answer to why he had remained.

Amir closed his eyes, the salty wind seeping into his crimson nostrils. My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold, and there is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold. His eyes abruptly opened as faint voices tore him from his thoughts. His coral gaze settling on the gathering stallions. Lovers of the sea. He snorted and a faint smile found the corner of his mouth, eyeing them carefully from a distance. A bay stallion, about the size of him; though badly scarred, a younger one and a winged creature with a splash of coloring, his wings resembling those of a parrot.

Camir strode along the dunes of sand in a relaxed gallop, his mane wavering as a banner heralding his coming. “Chaos, huh? Music to me ears.” He boomed, stopping a few strides from the group, a mischievous smile flickering upon his lips.

[Short post is shorter.]

Erigor Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Erigor

He galloped along the beach, kicking up loose sand and tossing his head as he enjoyed the fresh, salty sea breeze. The great stallion was acting rather recklessly. He continued to race and stomp his hooves in the shallow water. The former prince- although not at all dignified or proper- kept his act up until he noticed three other stallions standing together a little farther down the beach.

Erigor halted immediately. Curiosity lit his blue gaze. He started walking across the sand, directly for the trio. Two were younger than him, though not by much. The third was a bit older than Erigor, and was speaking. Erigor doubled his pace, hurriedly trotting towards the other stallions. "Ho there!" he called. Erigor's voice was laced with friendliness, although a bit of wariness was veiled underneath. "What ye be gatherin' here for?"

Erigor tossed his head once more, letting the sharp wind of the ocean whip his mane and tail back. Three sturdy stallions like those facing him could be planning or speaking of anything here on the coastline. Erigor held his ground, awaiting the others' responses.

[[ OOC: Short, terrible post... Sorry! ^^" ]]

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.
RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | BurtN.deviantart.com

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

The king whose word no man relies on
Quilyan
never said a foolish thing nor ever did a wise one.

He had accompanied his brother to the ocean on this fine day, though he chose not to partake in the undignified frolicking of the younger steed. Ironic how a mare can change a stallion's perspective, he mused, remembering the dark-hued fae with the green eyes that he had met only the other day. A cheshire cat's grin crept across his maw. If this land had such fine wenches, then it surely wouldn't be too bad a place to settle in, now, would it? Now all he needed was a herd, and some servants. He would do away with some of the silly rules of his parents, however. Why should a prince be confined only to one mate, for example? No, he deserved whatever he desired, the former king-to-be...

His thoughts were interrupted by Erigor's sudden curiosity in the group gathered down the beach. Quilyan kicked into a canter, catching up to his younger brother, and then continued easily alongside him. He was well aware that the stallion could take care of himself, but if it were necessary, better two against four than one. Icy violet eyes looked over those gathered, using his several years of experience to gauge the threat that they could potentially pose. There was an older, battle-scarred stallion that looked to be the most threatening. Another was a younger steed, eager and curious, but not necessarily a fighter. There was another warrior, and then one with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Despite the obvious familiarity with battle, the gathering did not have an unfriendly air to them, but rather a cordial one. They all seemed to have the same manner of trickster-like mischief in their eyes, and that was a trait which Quilyan could easily share with them. But before he could speak, Erigor had voice a greeting, and though it annoyed him that he had not been the first to do so, there was no point in repeating it. And so he simply stood by, silent, though a slight smirk curved his lips. It was excitement of a kind that he hadn't felt in days. What merry chaos would this group create, and would he be a part of it?

[W/C | 365]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil | VenomXBaby | NewdyStock | BurtN | SimplyBackgrounds
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Unregistered

C O R M A C

Three... four... five.... Another three have come to party. Cormac looked over each lad with an amber eye. The third to join was a handsome enough fellow, green-eyed like the emerald jewel, a mane and tail of black sand and a body carved of rocky brown stone. The fourth was a pegasus, a hand or so smaller than the battle stallion. And lastly came another pegasus, the color of sand and pale champagne, wings of copper and auburn with a mane and tail of cresting white foam. Cormac was still taller than him, most everyone the stallion thinks to himself. "And a good hullo to you, brothers. I am Cormac, a salted dog of the oceans." A pleasant voice greeted them, one that held a strong note underneath.

"I hope to say, brothers, that we can begin a hardy group of boys. Led by myself, of course, unless any of you wish to challenge me." His eyes turned a shade colder. The old warhorse, the charger, was no fool in battle, and he hoped none would dare to take him on. Every line of his many participated wars were carved into his body with blades and hoofs as well as teeth and swords. You need only to take a glance at his muscled body and sinew to understand that in an instant. "Shall we begin an introduction?"