the Rift

Adventure In D Minor

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
Exhaustion began to leave my body as I stood upon the riverbank, panting, waiting. Quickly my senses cleared, surroundings becoming clearer, awareness growing. The sounds of motion caught my attention; head snapped up. Stupid girl, so caught up in your games you forgot that others exist! There was somebody else here, observing my stupidity, my childish behavior. Dark eyes captured the inky form of the stranger, a sheepish grin forcing its way upon my lips, slowly sinking into the cool mask of control as I further assessed my situation. The dark colt seeped discontent and anger, all inexplicably directed at me. What had I done to him? Hell if I knew. The hostility he expressed in his tense muscles normally would have afforded me much amusement, although just now they only served to heighten the distress that prodded at my mind.

Asur had not come.

What surprised me most was how deeply bothered I felt when I received no response from my umber companion. Mind faltered, teetered upon the lip of furious despair, and perhaps I would have acted on my emotions, were it not for the glare of the sickly black creature before me. Somehow, I felt as though he mocked me - that he understood how foolish I had been to think I might make a friend, and relished in the failure of my experiment. How dare he judge me, hate me despite knowing nothing of me? All mirth had drained from my face, and now cool gaze returned his glare, daring him to speak.

But he did not speak. Instead, a new voice, carried on merciful wind, penetrates the thick cloud of dislike that surrounded myself and the stallion. Like a splash of cold water, the sweet tones of her greeting wake me from my funk; I start, slightly, and swing to face her, cloudy expression lifting into one of surprise. How had I missed her arrival, too? Had I truly allowed myself to fall so deeply into my emotions? A mental shake of my crown; enough of this. Asur was not probably lost, or slow, and certainly not worth brooding over.

Right?

The painted pegasus wears a gentle expression, one of youth and wonder that I cannot but look upon with wistfulness. Onni, she gives her name, and it rings a distant bell. I flick my gaze back to the youngest of us, wondering if he will give his name; but when he responds with only silence, I return my attention to Onni. "I am Rishima," comes the obligatory response. Weariness has crept into my tones, a slightly cynic amusement. I am a fool. These children did not need to bear my bitterness, especially as they had done naught to earn it. Soft smile supplanted the withdrawn frown; and while the light did not reach my eyes, it was nevertheless intended to set the pair at ease. A gentle dip of my brow, directed at the maiden; attention turns to the uneasy colt, and I snort apologetically. It seemed I was doomed to startle today.

Mind fails me now, and my tongue cannot form anything more to say, for now the thoughts of my missing companion threaten to pry into my composure once more. "What brings you here?" is asked lamely, yet with feigned confidence and calm; it is an attempt to draw words from the colt. Above, the sun beats down mercilessly, perhaps hateful of us for our dark coats - no doubt hateful of me for my allegiance with his sister. Still, the day had begun so well. I only hoped I could salvage it.

Messages In This Thread
Adventure In D Minor - by Rishima - 06-26-2012, 01:10 AM
RE: Adventure In D Minor - by Ink - 07-15-2012, 04:46 PM
RE: Adventure In D Minor - by Onni - 07-17-2012, 12:01 AM
RE: Adventure In D Minor - by Rishima - 07-17-2012, 03:18 PM
RE: Adventure In D Minor - by Ink - 07-19-2012, 07:18 PM
RE: Adventure In D Minor - by Onni - 07-19-2012, 09:23 PM
RE: Adventure In D Minor - by Rishima - 07-24-2012, 01:08 AM
RE: Adventure In D Minor - by Ink - 08-02-2012, 10:32 PM
RE: Adventure In D Minor - by Onni - 08-08-2012, 05:38 PM