the Rift

Pinpointed Arrow

Searuh Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Searuh
it's in confusion we lose it all

A golden mare could be seen walking amongst trees in the middle of a forest. Her three long horns protruded from her head, making her look fierce and unpleasant. This was not the case at all. She had a heart of gold, and those who talked with her would quickly realize this. She came to this land from a herd that was not so pleasant in the end, but she was determined to spread her love of all races to those who would listen. Little did she know that this land was being wrecked by the havoc of those of her own race who thought they were better than others, and that she would be targeted for thinking of such. But that is for a later time, and for her to find out. She continued to walk in the melting snow, feeling the sun warm her. It was spring, and she loved the spring more than any other season. The way it came was always magical to her, and she felt herself in a good mood. Suddenly she touched her horn too close to a tree and scrapped it across. It more shocked her than actually did damage, but she still took her anger out on it.
“Stupid fucking tree,” she murmured to herself. She continued on though, looking to see if there was anyone else in sight.

Athena2 Posts: 48
Dragon's Throat Pupil
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1hh :: 4 Years 8 Months
Adoptable

Peaceful form moved leisurely over the budding greens of Birdsong. Lengthy leonine tail swaying pleasantly behind dull golden body, playful wings at the tip fluttering cheerily. Hazel eyes swept the familiar views of the Threshold happily. Frostfall made Athena change from a pleasant mare to a smallish creature. Frost and ice took away the plants she loved so dearly, and made her shiver with the intensity of its fury this year. Birdsong was her favorite season by far. Her plants were returning under her tender care, as she had plenty of time for a task many found strange. Not too cold but not too warm. Absolutely perfect. Her spirits were high and she felt particularly lucky on this morning.

Silence was disturbed by the cursing of another voice, obviously feminine. Calm face became amused as she came upon the scene, quickly realizing what had happened. Nickering softly to announce her presence, keeping posture relaxed and unthreatening. "They do get in the way at times, do they not?" Laughing softly, though it was clear that Athena was not laughing at the golden girl. Of course not. The mare simply enjoyed such a beautiful day, especially with the possibility of making another friend. Andash had not been around as of late and Aryel was energetic and determined, so Athena was rather lacking in friends. "I'm Athena, from the Dragon's Throat in the south. Let me welcome you to Helovia. Can I guide you in any way?"

Athena knew many recruiters merely spoke of their own herd, praising it. The mare found that ridiculous. It was always best to know all your options before deciding.

Unregistered

Searuh

A soft chuckle rang in the forest, and Searuh’s brown eyes met another palomino. This was a strange palomino, at least in her eyes. Instead of having wings on her back, she had wings on her tail. The tail was that of a lion’s, just like hers, but with wings. She couldn’t help but chuckle herself, and although she didn’t mean to, she tried to correct herself.
“Yes they do seem to get in the way, especially when they are this long.” She moved her head around to get some bark from the tree off her horns. “Nice wings by the way. I don’t mean to seem rude, but those small wings make you a pegasus, correct?” She slightly tilted her head, remembering her friend when she was younger that had full wings. It was interesting for her to meet another pegasus, especially one that was like her, with smaller wings. She hoped that she wouldn’t take offense to her talking about her wings, so she quickly added “Not that there’s anything wrong with them of course. I used to have a friend that was a pegasus…” She trailed off, leaving the sentence open, and remembering her friend. Pelila was very dear to her heart and it was shattered when others of her kin murdered her. She was younger then, and didn’t quite understand why, but now she did. It was the hatred of those that were different that brought them to do it. And she would not have it. She was not like those others of her race who hated “hornless”. She couldn’t stand them, and she would have them all see that they aren’t so different for each other after all. Her dreams she wished a reality, but it would take some work for this to happen. Then again, she didn’t even know if this land held some of those types, so she would just have to wait and find out. For now she focused on the conversation with Athena, hoping she would understand her views and be friendly with her. She wondered what the Dragon Throat was, and if it was nice there. She hoped, and that was all she could do. Helovia. Strange name for a land. So far it wasn’t bad, and it would get better, she knew that.

text text text

"blah blah blah."

Dragon's Throat Pupil
Adoptable

Correct me if I'm wrong; You're fragile and you're strong- a beautiful and perfect combination</style>

Similarly colored fae turned to her, eyes searching and eventually landing on the feathers a her tail. Athena didn't mind when she laughed, though she infused it into her words. With her tail being longer than her body in a quite noticeable fashion, and the peculiar ending instead of fur, she was used to people staring. Or at least being confused. "I do apologize then. Does it hurt?" Medic ways showing through in her concern. Having no horns she didn't know if they were sensitive at the root or not. Knew nothing at all really with how scarce they were in the Throat. Laughing softly when she got right to the point about her wings. "Yes dear, I am a Pegasus. My parents were both winged. I was born without them, but the gods have smiled upon me and allowed me these to show my emotions." The wings beating for effect as they curled happily around one of her hind legs. Smile unaffected as she said this. "However I am quite happy here on the ground, and can find no complaints in my mind." Peaceful smile reflecting her honesty with the stranger. She simply wasn't meant to fly and she quite liked having her hooves firmly on the Earth. 

She was talking so much only because Searuh seemed conflicted or hurt over the memory of this friend she had mentioned. Hoping her voice would let her concentrate on something else, draw her forth from such unpleasant thoughts. "Are you in need of a home? I can direct you to one, and inform you of them all if you would like?" She hadn't caught her name but didn't mind, not asking again. Memories were a hard thing to deal with and she'd seen it in many cases. 

Credit

Unregistered

Searuh

The golden mare shook her head at the other golden mare’s question.
“No, it doesn’t hurt. I can bang them against almost anything. I do that a lot, and I’ve never broken one, yet anyways. Thank you for your help. Are you are healer, per chance?” She looked at her wings again. Just looking at them made her smile, remembrance full in her brain.“I have no complaints myself, seeing as I like to run around so much here on land. I am looking for a home. Where are the places in this land? I’m afraid I’ve never been here before… Where do you live? If you don’t mind I would like to go to a place with someone I know.” She smiled, looking at the other palomino, hoping that they would become friends. She wanted to regain what she had with her old herd, one pegasus and equine friend. She didn’t know who or what the herd lands would be like to her, but she hoped that she could find her own niche, and one that was helpful to everyone.

(Sorry short post I know, I just didn’t know what else to say…)

"blah blah blah."

Dragon's Throat Pupil
Adoptable

Correct me if I'm wrong; You're fragile and you're strong- a beautiful and perfect combination</style>

It was good for Athena to discover that it didn't hurt a unicorn to brush their horn against something. Did that mean that they had no nerve endings at the base? It seemed rather obvious that the horn itself had no feeling, but where it attached to the skin? Athena doubted she would ever need to heal a broken horn but you never know the rare cases that pass by. That, and there were few unicorns in the Throat so she didn't have much experience with them. Anything could help, right? "I've been to the Veins of the Gods and received my quest, but I have yet to set out on it. I'm a Medic, but will hopefully soon gain magic to heal." Smiling as she imagined it, the ability to heal those around her. It would be amazing, she could do so much more than normal herbs could bring her! She had no problem revealing that she needed to set out on her quest- it was a hard one, and she needed to set out a plan before she actually did it.

Realizing that the feathers at the end of her tail made Searuh smile only made Athena smile as well. So long as she could bring joy to other people, she was happy. Asking soon of the lands, and also stating that she wanted to go there with a friend. Athena tilted her head up as she always did to think, resting a hind leg. "There's the Windtossed Foothills to the North East of where we stand. They are ruled by a trio, and welcome all species. To the North West lies the World's Edge, followers of the Moon Goddess. A small but proud, strong herd. My home, in the South, is the Dragon's Throat. Ruled by my Sultana, Kri. High North of us is the Aurora Basin. Rumored to be racist though there have been a few that are not, so I cannot pass judgment." It would be like saying all the horses in the Throat were Pegasi. It was a general thing, but certainly not all of them were. "I would gladly take you along to my herd, should you wish. All herds but the Basin are accepting of all species, though as a unicorn you would be welcome everywhere. Would you like to come home with me?" Calling it home to show Searuh that if she wanted, it could be her home as well.

Credit