the Rift

strength and honor, d'artagnan, open to plague

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx

"That is very kind of you," Déodat said with a curt nod, considering her offer carefully. If there was truth to Kou's words and this healer was as truly as great as she expressed, then a speedy recovery would be most advantageous. "Indeed. I think I should like to meet this healer." He dipped his head slightly to the mare, and inclination of thanks to her offer.

That voice! Did his ears deceive him? Perhaps his ears could, but certainly not his eyes. He would recognize those glass horns anywhere.

"Cousin!" Déodat growled pleasantly, a broad smile spreading across black velvet lips as his like-image prowled through the woods, glass horn glinting in the dawn light that dappled through the trees. How good it was to see a familiar face in such foreign places! A family face, at that. Déodat moved to return d'Artagnan's embrace with a rough, fond bump of his own. A clinking sound echoed throughout the trees in the still morning and a startled flock of birds took flight. The two of them resembled brands of red flame clashing together to mold one distinct blaze of blood-red—each different, but very much the same Their family resemblance could not be mistaken from onlookers.

"Why, I'm gracing the lowly commoners with my presence, obviously," Déodat retorted in reply, dark eyes bright with wicked amusement. He eyed his cousin up and down—taking note of the healthy gleam of his blazing coat and the darkly intelligent glitter of his dual-colored eyes. Hadn't changed a bit, his cousin. Nor had his clever tongue, apparently, and his selective taste for games. Déodat bared his teeth in a wolfish grin—it had been far too long since they'd had a fond battle of wits. "Or perhaps, dear cousin, pretty mares make a habit of chatting me up." There was a sly tone to his teasing words, and his indigo gaze fell on the pale mare, who—much to his surprise—moved to d'Artagnan's side with fond ease, teasing him gently and nipping him in playful affection.

Déodat narrowed his eyes in disbelief at this open display of flirting, then widened as the pieces of the puzzle all came together. "What's this, now? Doctor?" A ripple of laughter spilled from his lips—but it was in good nature. He never would have imagined his rough and tumble cousin to become a healer of all things, much less a lover. "No wonder you're so ripe and fat! The great d'Artagnan, all settled down and retired with a wife," Déodat mused aloud, unable to resist teasing. "You must be a rare jewel, indeed, to have tamed this unreasonable beast," he said to Kou. Turning back to his cousin, he inclined his horn once more. "I see this place has treated you well, friend. I am glad for you."

déodat,

image credits
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Messages In This Thread
RE: strength and honor, d'artagnan, open to plague - by Déodat - 12-08-2012, 06:47 PM