the Rift

When Mountains Sing [Ktulu & Ophelia]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The first sister arrives with her coat of splendid night, marked only with death's shades of pale frost and draining blood. He glances distractedly at the intricate marking on her shoulder, snapped from his reverie at the sound of her voice as she speaks gently towards him. He proffers her a broad smile that seems to make the trees around them swoon and sway.

"Ktulu," he greets warmly, exhaling warm breath towards her in a kind embrace. He found her to be a very capable mortal, exhibiting great intelligence and passion in the ways she cared for the bear, her sister, their son, and now, The Grey.

Before he could speak further the shape of Ophelia approaching caught his eye. green turned upon the multi-colored blue and red and what he saw in there troubled him - he saw almost nothing.

Gone were the worry lines that had embraced the beautiful features of this girl, her hooves nearly dancing on air as the weight of her oppressive mind seemed lifted off her withers. There was a hauntedly lost appearance to her, not more versed on the world then a wet babe, and yet there was a joy in her that he didn't remember seeing in their last encounters.

The God of the Earth was troubled by this.

His own 'brows creased in a furrow of concern as hers had often done when he gazed upon her. Her questioned echoed endlessly in his ears until he shook it away with a great toss of his head. "Ophelia... what has the Sun done to you child?" The Earth sighed. As if the apparent silence of their companions and the mayhem of the eclipse wasn't enough to burden these fragile creatures, they were determined to throw themselves into difficult and dangerous situations all in the name of magic. He could not undo what the Sun had done, lest of all if she took it willingly, but he feared for the absence of her mind and what it would mean for The Grey, and her sister.

Green gaze shifted to the Constrictor, curious if they had yet met in this changed state. He would know pity for their forgotten relationship, but he had not the time for it now, and he had not the patience for the void mind of a girl prized for her recall.

"No matter, you have chosen your path and you must endure, as you well know. I hope what you asked for is worth it... Now I called the both of you here for a reason." Wings flexed with a swirl of dust as the Earth narrowed his gaze upon the sisters. He had limited time to spend here with them tonight when so many other events requested his return to the heavens, he had not a moment to spare on their frivolity.

"I've been watching the movements of your, organization carefully. Such talents would not go unnoticed," he glanced at Ophelia, wondering what talents she had left, "nor unused. I would ask to contract the Grey for a purpose." The Earth God mused for a moment as he began to make this decision. It had been a difficult one at first, but in the end he had come here tonight and he trusted these sisters more than most. He knew they would adhere to the contract and fulfill the deeds adequately. He had considered hiring the Plague as well, but their means were too violent and unpredictable, revenge a taste too strong on the back of their silver tongues.

"There is a flower I have given to the care of a pegasus by the name of Xira. She lives in the Dragon's Throat and is immediately recognizable with her green coat and falcon. Her care of it thus far has been too easy and I fear her not properly challenged for me to gauge her worth." Xira had been far too quiet since her approach to him in the Veins. He could not be sure that she had learned anything from his task unless she was faced with obstacles to overcome. It is only when faced with adversity that true strength, and weakness, can be displayed. "The flower still belongs to me, I do not wish it overly damaged, though its petals may fall. Xira is not to be needlessly harmed." He knew she likely would befall some injures, it was the nature of such events and mortals were so easily damaged.

He paused, anticipating the response from the leaders of the Grey, or rather, the only one that knew anything about it still. If they would accept he'd need them to begin acting quickly, Xira was soon out of time to care for his plant.

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Mountains Sing [Ktulu & Ophelia] - by God of the Earth - 12-03-2012, 06:36 PM