the Rift

When Mountains Sing [Ktulu & Ophelia]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The two were surprisingly calm and agreeable, and not for the last time, he was sure, the Earth God was grateful for the clarity of these sisters even in these most murky of times. He bowed his head mildly, his beard swaying as he rested his chin on his chest in thought.

Large ears twisted and turned as their voices fell upon him; the cool edges of his ram horns grazed the tufted tips in a pleasant way. Ktulu's questions were fair, yet no easy answer could be given to her accounting for the small bear that rumbled and ran towards the pale dragon. Troubled as well, the god watched the creatures find comfort with each other.

"From what we know the eclipse in the sky has caused the strain on the bonds, but my siblings and I do not think the bonds have been severed." He could offer her at least that peace of mind, though there were still uncertainties to it. Just how long the eclipse would last and what permanent effects it may have on the mortals and their companions were questions the gods themselves wondered about. Wearily the emerald gaze of the mighty stallion turned towards the heavens, glimpsing the black orb through the canopy of trees. It spun like a dreadful haze in the sky and he regarded it with a frosty displeasure. This was to be his season, where he balanced the light and the dark of the sun and moon, bringing new life to the world that had suffered and endured the agony of frostfall.

Still they suffered though. Continually they endured now.

He shook his head to rid himself of the bitter taste welling on his tongue. He could not let the mortals see how deep his worry ran; what small capability they had to comprehend and discover was weighed enough with their own existence, it certainly would not help to be needlessly plagued by the woes of the divine.

Smiling crookedly the Earth God turned back towards Ktulu, "worry not, we will restore the balance again, as always. As for your sister, it is not my place to speak of her deeds. You will discover soon enough the choices she made, but trust in her that she chose them well and carefully - even if you may not agree with them, you can have faith in her for at least doing that." He smiled more genuinely now to her, exhaling a large bout of warm air and unavoidably, dust as well, in a way of comfort to her.

"I will craft an amulet for either side of your organization as payment for your work once it is completed. For now I must return." The Earth God began to step away from them, chocolate wings unfurling from his sides as he retreated. "Give Hototo my greetings when next you see him," the god smiled and then was gone in a downstroke of his wings, scattered into dirt that crumbled where he stood, no different from the rest in this forest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Mountains Sing [Ktulu & Ophelia] - by God of the Earth - 12-07-2012, 05:33 PM