the Rift

Rejuvenation [Ktulu | Open]

Coris Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A strong voice cut through the clearing just as Coris had bent down to grasp what he thought might be a mushroom he recalled being a fever-reducer. He froze instantly. Part of him wondered if fate had sent the voice, because some splinter in his conscious felt the mushroom was not the one he sought.

He was not an herbalist. What knowledge he had was limited and hazy.

Cautiously Coris began to turn his head to the side, deliberately slow least any sudden moves incite more anger from this... ah a mare. His eyes appraised her when at last she flooded his line of site. A pale horn sprung from her skull, drenched in red that Coris thought must be blood. Her coat was dark and ornamented with gold, her eyes furious and shadowed with thoughts he assumed must be troubled.

The muted amber of Coris' gaze narrowed as it fell upon the bear cub at her side. He was reminded all too well of his current situation being a product of such an animal, although arguably of more considerable size and might and forced into action by his own horn, but such details mattered little to a hollowed beast as he. It seemed to cower at her limbs and he disregarded it easily with such weakness. It's pelt would be insignificant and he wasn't in the market anyway.

Besides, he knew easily enough now, it was her companion.

Coris considered himself an honorable stallion with values to uphold and the taking of someone's companion he wouldn't do so needlessly. He wondered if the affliction with Venati also affected this mare and her cub. Coris doubted it, his bird was probably just throwing a temper.

"No one," Coris responds evenly. He keeps it simple, weary of such a hostile figure in a land that belongs to none with a body ill kept for defending itself. He wishes to ask her who she is to demand such things, but he bites his tongue in his better interest. He would like to think himself more wise than prideful, if only it could always be the case. "I'm looking for foliage that will help me heal." He would not normally admit such so freely, but he thought his state of weakness already apparent; there'd be little use in hiding the known. "I apologize if I intruded," Coris began, tail flicking patiently at his side as he regarded her with an apologetic smile. It was my understanding these woods belonged to no horse."

Messages In This Thread
Rejuvenation [Ktulu | Open] - by Coris - 12-03-2012, 01:57 AM
RE: Rejuvenation [Ktulu | Open] - by Coris - 12-11-2012, 02:34 AM
RE: Rejuvenation [Ktulu | Open] - by Ktulu - 12-15-2012, 02:25 PM
RE: Rejuvenation [Ktulu | Open] - by Coris - 12-23-2012, 01:24 AM