the Rift

light not so bright [open]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: b_and_w_by_ladyfey-d5j1ndw.png]

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

Through my misery, I sensed the presence of another prisoner. Whether or not she would talk to me was up to her. I was not in the mood to crack the silence right now, and there was no need to speak of my sorrows outloud. Sometimes it's better to keep them in deep, tucked away, when speaking will only confirm my hopelessness and futile attempts at escape. Each time I had tried to walk, I found my will draining, found myself slithering onto my knees, lost myself. It had taken too much effort to recollect, to tell, to confirm and sew together my fraying soul and my fragile mind. I knew I was thin and too easily broken now, even if the grass was thicker here. I knew what had happened to me- I had lost the will to live. Of course, the unicorns would not allow me to die, no, I was their bargaining chip, and a good one too. But at least they allowed me to suffer in peace now, seeming to know I was too easily cracked.

My thoughts shifted to Nayati, my little filly, how she was doing. Did she have friends? Was she happy? What had she thought when I had not returned? She had still been so young, so vulnerable to the world. No, the herd would take care of her. My heart contracted at the thought of someone else loving her. Jealous, was I? You are. I pushed away thoughts of home, my longing was too great. Instead I continued to flounder in the water that were my thoughts, even though one day, I knew, I would drown in them.

""

Messages In This Thread
light not so bright [open] - by Svetlana - 12-03-2012, 08:43 PM
RE: light not so bright [open] - by Solstice - 12-03-2012, 10:42 PM
RE: light not so bright [open] - by Svetlana - 12-05-2012, 06:13 PM
RE: light not so bright [open] - by Valentine - 12-05-2012, 10:36 PM
RE: light not so bright [open] - by Solstice - 12-11-2012, 06:04 AM
RE: light not so bright [open] - by Svetlana - 12-16-2012, 08:49 PM