the Rift

The Burn of Venom [Avira/Open]

Farai Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Burning.

The tiny filly lay on her side, sides wracked with shallow labored breaths. Her eyes, usually bold, intuitive and blue, were rolled back, whites flashing with terror. Sweat beaded a film across her white fur and the striped marring her rump. Tongue lolled out, small breaths puffing white from her black maw. Her lean pillars were stiff, muscles tense from the tremors that had been ravaging her entire body. Her head pounded, and the edges of her blurring vision burned an angry white. Nothing made sense as her mind slipped in and out of sanity. Blood had began to trickle from her nostrils, and the corner of her mouth. It dripped one, two, three drops onto the frozen terra beneath her. Her entire body burned, her blood turned to liquid fire.

Farai was dying.

The filly was new to the world, a tiny bud of a flower that had just began to blossom. A daughter of the Basin, she was blooming amidst a war of racism and inequality. She was taken in, protected, and would one day run with the murderers. Perhaps it was fate, this day, that had brought her to the Frozen Arch. Her curiosity had gotten the best of her and she had wandered too far from her home in the Basin. She had wandered out of sight of Sin, or anyone to tell her not to leave the safe walls of the Basin. She had been playing, wandering through the sapphire coves of the Arch, enjoying the way the light dappled blue over her stripes. She had seen the winding body of a snake, and had wandered too close. And when it's venomous fangs had sank into her pastern, she reared, crushing the scull of the serpent beneath her silver heels. But it was too late. Her heart pounded in her chest, the burning pain blooming across her legs, slowly making it's way through her entire circular system. She had run, strong and straight first, slowly losing speed, then she became disoriented, staggering and losing her sight, before finally collapsing here. Perhaps this was the way it was to be. The gods were striking down the flower before she could become poisonous and continue the infamous legacy of the Plague.

Farai's eyes shut, encasing her burning mind in darkness. She was done.

OOC:: This is quest help for Avira. She isn't dead. Yet. Haha
WC | 387
Walk Walk Walk
"Talk Talk Talk"
Think Think Think

Avira Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A
pegasus | mare | 15.2hh | 8 years | unclaimed

Two tones of brown flew above in the sky. Spring fresh in the air, no longer the bitter cold it used to be when she first wondered to the mountainous areas. This time her intent was not to find the new beings in this world, as it was when she arrived, no this time she was just on a scout out for someone in danger. As the father of the earth had granted her with simple duties before she was fully given her talents without his control. So electric blue eyes cautiously scanned the bottom of the Arch. It was the sight of a small being in the ground that made her circling above. The white was almost invisible if it wasn't for the obvious black markings and blue tail.

As she moved closer to the ground, hovering gently in the air, Avira noticed the tiny blood pile around the nares of the filly. A sharp pain hit the mustangs chest and she folded her wings in. Propelling to the earth like a meteor. Legs stretched out for landing. Before she hit, wings flew out from her side and she began to glide evenly on the surface. Tilted to the left to circle back towards Farai. When her blue hooves hit the ground she began to canter forward. Impatient to help. Without asking Avira began to summon her magic. Believing hard she wasn't dreaming she had recieved them.

"Hold on dear, it will be all right." assuring tones trying to bring calmness to a racing dying heart. "Don't worry!" exclaiming without a worry hint on her voice, though her innards ate away. Vines began to pull from the ground, sprouting below the white snow. Entwining themselves around each leg of the mare. They tightened carefully. Avira began to sing, hum really, bright tunes. Standing before the gal carefully. Avira's own small body becoming shaky with worry. Avira began to circle her impatiently, hoping for a sign to tell that it was working. Though the Earth god said it should be left on overnight. So it seems the mustang was to stay there for the night. Carefully she trudged to the back of the filly. Folding her legs gracefully. Muscles bulging with anticipation. "Be careful not to tear them away, lay still for the night. I will keep you company. If you can hear me, you are being helped, don't fret dear.

Unregistered

The tightness in her chest seemed to bloom down her legs, tightening, coiling like the snake that had brought this upon her. Then, a soothing noise touched upon her ears. They reminded her of the dying tallsun breezes she had felt upon her birth, the soothing voice of her long-forgotten mother lulling her to sleep. It relaxed her, and the burning turned to a dull warming sensation. It was slow at first, and though she couldn't feel it, the flutter in her heart slowed, her breathing evening out. The fever that had bitten into her flesh lessened. She slowly came back into consciousness, but the words of the mare echoed distantly in her ears. She refrained from twisting, flailing, attempting to stand. Dehydration set in, her lips dry. Panic swelled up in the filly's heart, scared and terrified of what was happening.

Vivid blue eyes flickered open, large pools like a doe glancing at Avira. "Sssss...." she stuttered, "sssiiinnnn..... siiingg. p-p-pl-plea-ease?" Her voice was quiet, barely above a whisper. Her tongue lay heavy in her mouth, sticky and dry. The soothing sound of Avira's voice calmed her, made her feel at ease. Where was her Sinny? Where was her darling protector? He hadn't protected her from the snake. She shouldn't have wandered far. What if she couldn't find her way back? She knew Zikar-Sin could ease her worry, and could make anything better.

Farai, though aching and terrified and slowly drifting in and out of the black, was glad Avira had stumbled upon her. Avira's magic was slowly mending her body, purging her of the venom.

WC | 266
Walk Walk Walk
"Talk Talk Talk"
Think Think Think

Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A

A tear as silent as the shifting wind pried itself from the mares eyes. Silently rolling in horror. A feeling of displeasure tightening its grip on her own heart. Heart beat seemed as if it skipped millions of beats. Holding her breath she continued down. Putting her torso to the cold snow. Pushing her legs gently beneath the fillies back. Extending a free wing, that engulfed the child in feathers, over Farai's back. Hoping warmth would soothe her just as much. Farai wanted her to sing. "Of course." velvet muzzle stroked down the neck of the filly. Like a mothers touch. Humming different tunes. Shifting emotions around. Humming a few cords before tripping to a new hum.

"Mmm..hmm.mmm.... mm.. mmm don't worry little darling, everything will be fine." breathing gently, "Just close your eyes, mmm..mhhm.. the sun is going down, before you know it this nightmare will end, mmmhhmmmmm mm..mmm hmm. The sun will shine, caress your back, and you run freely without any pain. Mmmm, hhmmmm, just close your eyes, don't worry now. Oooh,, mmmmhhm ... mhmm.mhmmaahhm... wooahhhmm." a breathe and she continued on humming gently. Thinking of more words that may brighten her thoughts, "Oooo, oo, oooo... just close your eyes, be gentle now, the meadows await you. A strong pretty little filly, mmm.. they await you.. Oooo...oh mm,..mhmmmhhh." Avira pulled her body closer to Farai, hoping even more comfort would ensue. Continuing to hum.

Unregistered

Farai had yet to realize her surroundings. Young yet, she had yet to learn to stay calm and take in her environment. So it came as a shock when the strange mare came close, blanketing her trembling form with a chocolate and blue wing. The singing began, and the filly slipped into a fitful sleep.

Meadows sprawled before me. A small breeze flutters through my striped fluff of a mane, and I feel the bow tied in my tail tickle the back of my legs. I look up, and the sky is blue. Bluer than the reflection of my eyes in the river, a stunning blue that reminds me of sapphires. A bit of me recalls a cave about me, a writhing snake beneath my hooves.

No.

That is not me, that is not now. It is but a dream, snatched from me in a burning bite. This is real, this meadow. It calls out to me. A voice, calling my name. No, that is not the meadow, but a mare. A stunning white unicorn, black horns sprouting from her brow. "Farai," She calls, "Come, my daughter." Beautiful ribbons are wound into her banners, that flutter lovely in the flower-laden breeze. She retreats, and I am calling out to her.

"Mother, mother!"

I am running. The ground is soft beneath my tiny hooves, and I sink into the loamy soil. Her white form disappears into the line of trees before me. My legs, they do not work, they are painfully slow beneath me. Finally I reach the trees, towering huge. I cannot see their tops, their boughs disappear into the clouds. "Mother?" I call out again, but a sharp breeze steals the words from my jaws. I spin on my dainty heels, and before me, the meadow is on fire. Smoke billows from the valley, and as quick as it happened, it's gone. The ground is barren, dead and black. And then, there she is.

Standing amidst the black is an ashen mare, three gnarled horns twist from her brow. I try to turn, try to find the white angel that is my mother, and I hear the voice behind me. "You are mine," the grey mare hisses.

Suddenly, everything I know is gone. I have forgotten.

The tiny filly's face twisted, caught in a nightmare that reminded her of all that is gone. But, as the vines cured her, she will forget again. Her past is gone, all for but a fitful nightmare. As her veins cooled, and her mind cleared, the venom slowly retreated from her body. Avira is her angel now, bringing her back to life.

OOC:: Figured we'd have a little flashback of the past she forgot. You can decide when night is over and everything is healed. ^^
WC | 440
Walk Walk Walk
"Talk Talk Talk"
Think Think Think

Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A

Something felt out of place. Like her humming that ceased to end wasn't quite working as well as she had hoped but atleast the filly now dozed into slumber. Peaceful in looks now. Quiet and cute. Though Avira found herself putting her cranium down towards the chest of the filly to feel for the expanding of a rib cage in breathing motions. The chest did move and in a constant motion without skipping a breath. Pitter patter of a little hearth coursing blood to the most needed of places. As the sun was sinking Avira ceased her humming. Taking a break. Lowering her own head to the white surface. Winter hair still in patches through her body, luckily her head had yet to shed.

Eyes of blue coursed with passion. The passion to love and heal made her all the better of a healer. A passion to hold someone no matter their size, race, age and so on. Avira did not judge, life is life. So she stayed with the filly all not. Not resting her mind a bit. Keeping attention fully focused on the pretty little thing. She sighed. Light began to touch the horizon as the loneliness of night began to disappear. The hours seemed to drag on forever, longer than forever. They didn't end. Finally though the sun touched the east and Avira began to gently remove her position from the ground. Sliding carefully out from under Farai. Short sturdy legs began to rise a body heavy with muscle.

She lifted her left wing with care not to disturb the child. Walking slowly, to be as quiet as possible in the crunching snow, around to the vines. Touching it with her muzzle they slowly began to retract. Crawling down white legs, snake like in motion. Disappearing beneath the surface of compacting white. "Darling?" moving her muzzle towards the cheek of the tiny unicorn, "Can you stand?" pressing down, hoping to move the tiny head a bit to gain attention from her sleep. 'Oh please, let her be alright.'

[ooc- Avira has been to the Basin before, so maybe since little Farai was lost she can return her safely? If you still maybe want to thread these two, Farai is just sooo cute! hehe]

Unregistered

Farai felt the mare move and stand, but she didn't dare move. She felt refresh, rejuvenated, but was worried that, upon standing, the pain and burning would come back. The tightness around her limbs slowly eased, until her legs were unrestrained. A voice questioned her, asked her to stand.

Vivid blue pools flicked open, and though her vision was blurred with sleep, several flutters of her heavy lids proved her vision to be clear. The mare before her was large, regal. Her fur was a deep brown, but the blue green upon her pelt and wings were intriguing to the filly. And wings. How wonderful it would be to have wings like the birds!

Like her first days upon the earth, Farai struggled to stand, her legs weak beneath her. But soon she was able to lift herself to her feet, and she grew sturdy and strong again. Doe eyes looked at Avira, startled, and Farai considered fleeing. She didn't recognize the fae, and instantly wondered where Zikar-Sin was. But something calmed her, told her to stay.

"Hello," She began, noticing how dry her mouth had become. "What happened? I remember a long reptile. It had no legs, and I looked closer, and it bit me. Right here, on my leg!" She kicked out her front left leg, but couldn't see any marks of a bite. Small auds perked forward, curious, and finally she rested her hoof back on the ground. "Maybe it was a bad dream. I'm Farai, thank you for keeping me warm. I don't remember what happened, but I feel like you helped me." The white girl scowled, worried about her confusion.

"But, I think I should go home. Sinny won't be happy I wandered so far." She looked homewards, remembering her journey to the Basin with Zikar-Sin. She could follow back their path, and be home safe and sound in no time. "Maybe we'll meet again!" Farai leaped forward, touching the tip of her muzzle to Avira's shoulder.

With that she spun, her lean legs carrying her north, back to her safe harbor.

OOC:: I already have one, soon to be two active threads in the Basin, I think she can make it back safe from here. But I'm fine with plotting for a later thread! Thank you so much, I hope this helped in your quest!
WC | 347
Walk Walk Walk
"Talk Talk Talk"
Think Think Think

Unregistered
[ooc- We can call this good then? Fun threading with the cutie-pie Farai! So much innocence to be turned into racism xD thanks for the help!]