the Rift

The Old calling the Ancient, take 2. [Goddess of the Moon]

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

Myrddin's great moose-like ears flicked forwards as the Goddess said his name in but a whisper. Luckily we all can recognize our names, no matter how softly, or how muddled they are spoken; our egocentric sense of self, is able to pick that much out. Unfortunately for Myr, he had grown too old for the remainder of his senses to feel compelled to pick up burden which his sightless eyes had left. His sense of hearing was not better, his skin was not more sensitive the world around it, his nose was not more attuned...His mind perhaps...But it had grown so great, that adding anything to it only provided marginal returns. As a mortal thing, there was only so much his mind could comprehend. One day though, he would break this body of ash and air and become a being of light; fully able to comprehend the world, as it is.

He felt the air seem to pull away from his slightly, as the goddess materialized. To Myr, it sounded like pieces of starlight neatly being fit together. He rose from his bow; silently thanking the goddess for not making him wait on his knee's for too long. His joints noisily crackled as he stood. Unsure of where to look, he raised his head high looking towards where the slight breeze of her materializing, had come from. My, my, you are a sad, old, broken thing aren't you? She did not sound as sympathetic as others he had encountered, and Myrddin decided that no, she probably was not bothered by his blood on her shrine.

"Broken, ay Lady; for these bodies were not meant to last....Although I am not as old as you." He said, his voice sounding like an amplified whisper. In truth, he envied the God's. Not for their power, or their beauty, but for their wisdom. For the time that they were given. I ask to be able to see again, but not as before. To see the life force that resides within all things; should that please you."

[OOC: This is technically passive magic. The upgrade would not be passive, as it would involve Myr being able to affect the life forces that he can see, but for now, it does classify as passive. Alex had advised that since I posted before the official decision was made about passive magic, that it was permissible. If you'd like me to pick something else, let me know :) ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Old calling the Ancient, take 2. [Goddess of the Moon] - by Myrddin - 12-10-2012, 10:28 AM