the Rift

Plauged with Stripes [Plague/Open]

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

Sin's eyes widened slightly, the glossy surfaces of those ice-blue orbs radiant as he heard what the tiny girl had christened him. Sinny. For some reason, the nickname made him almost impossibly happy and giddy; the dappled bastard felt laughter bubbling inside him. He was astonished; who was this foaling to make him feel like this? What sort of powers did she possess? "Farai....What a lovely name," he said truthfully, chancing a step forward in her direction-- lowering his velveteen muzzle, willing her to come closer and give her a comforting touch.

It was one of the most peculiar situations Sin had ever landed himself in. He had been apart of betrayals and battles, of heart-break and war, of disemboweled hopes and bloody, fractured dreams--yet none of these things had proved able to move him. Yet this tiny creature named Farai had done the impossible, and things were starting to stir within his chest as he listened to the small voice confess her own ignorance and confusion. Sin nodded in understanding as she explained the "funny smell" away-- it had taken himself sometime to recognize the cloying scent of death and decay. She would become accustomed to it soon enough, so the dappled stallion didn't press the issue. He believed in a practical education..."Don't worry, Farai, my lady,"Sin said, speaking in soft tones, "Don't apologize to me for not knowing these things. You may indeed learn them in the fullness of time."

*"Maybe you have seen my mother? Where do you live?"*

Sin lifted his head from her for some moments, his eyes misted over in thought. "I don't believe I have seen your mother," he explained contritely, turning his gaze back upon Farai, "As for where I live, well I was just on my way to find out myself. My...my herd has founded themselves a new homeland and I was on my way to see it for myself."It was strange to suddenly voice aloud his greatest hope and treasure; that he suddenly belonged to a herd, a real-live family. His voice suddenly took an a warm, animated tone. "Why don't you come along with me? We may see your mother on the way, and if we don't, I'm sure you'll be more than welcome to stay within our Halls and out of the bitter cold wilderness..." Safe from the wrath of the Hornless, he finished in his mind.

Strange as it was for Sin to show direct concern for the filly's mental well-being-- or indeed, any aspect of her well-being-- he turned on his heel, reaching out with his muzzle to gently tap her on her quarters, taking in her delicate scent that so fittingly entangled itself within the scent of the un-living, encouraging her to follow him as he made his trek to the new motherland of the brotherhood of the Plague..

Messages In This Thread
Plauged with Stripes [Plague/Open] - by Farai - 12-04-2012, 05:06 PM
RE: Plauged with Stripes [Plague/Open] - by Farai - 12-04-2012, 10:43 PM
RE: Plauged with Stripes [Plague/Open] - by Stellaluna - 12-04-2012, 11:18 PM
RE: Plauged with Stripes [Plague/Open] - by Farai - 12-05-2012, 12:58 AM
RE: Plauged with Stripes [Plague/Open] - by Zikar-Sin - 12-05-2012, 10:03 PM
RE: Plauged with Stripes [Plague/Open] - by Farai - 12-05-2012, 10:24 PM
RE: Plauged with Stripes [Plague/Open] - by Farai - 12-05-2012, 10:43 PM