the Rift

Blue Skies [Zamoro]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre
(Excuse the lame title :p)

A cloudless blue sky sat above the meadow today. There was a chilly wind, but the sun shone brightly, warming the back of a pegasus mare. The desert was a nice place to be during Frostfall, but there wasn't much in the way of food or shelter. Those with wings could cross the sands easily, those without were resigned to a long trek, perhaps that was why the Throat horses lived there.

Aryel could tell this area was frequently traveled by equines, faded hoofprints and old trails crisscrossed the pastures. She had yet to see any today, though. She cropped another mouthful of grass, shifting in place as tall tan weeds tickled her sides. A rustling noise interrupted her daydreaming, and she turned as a fox cub bounded out of the grass, chasing a beetle with the sort of single-mindedness only youngsters were capable of. Once it had trapped the beetle under it's paws, it seemed to noticed the horse for the first time. With a yap of fear, it dived back into the grass again, relinquishing it's prey. Aryel gave a good-natured snort, scanned the grass again for danger, a habit she had learned from her time as a nomad, then resumed eating.
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Zamoro Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

ZAMORO</style>
  A Stallion of Strength and Kindness</style>

Walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk"
The frost was melting continusly through the Helovian lands. Water started to drip more and more everyday from the sun starting to appear in the sky more often. There was of course still some patches of cold snow, and the matter that he had seen a Robin earlier in the week. Made Zamoro's days now brighter. He always was a jolly and hardy type, loving to chat with another these days.

Zamoro trotted out of the grovery of bare tree's. Walking into the bright daylight, he looked around. Some kind of other meadow, it reminded himself of Heavenly Fields, though these were dryer more contact was within this place of Equines. He could notice it by looking at the grounds animal tracks beneath him. Today Zamoro was tired of having his little hibernation up where his herd lived in, a secluded place where hardly any snow rained down. His mind told him to stay in the borders of his home. But his heart told him to go and explore now. Zamoro looked around for anyone, than he saw it. In the clearing of these dry fields. A equine was grazing at the dry grass, Zamoro was curious. Too curious, that he walked over to her.

As he got closer he realized that they, were a mare. Zamoro would only hesitate and walked to her. Observing her, he stopped a few feet away from her.""Good Day" . He smiled in a cheerful way. He wanted to find out who she was, she was the only in miles of he could see who was here. So might as well. Giving a nod, he observed her patiently.

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre
Aryel's head darted up from the grass as she noticed the bay stallion in front of her. He didn't appear to be threatening her, though, as she looked him over. A landstrider! This had been her first meeting with an equine since coming to Helovia, although she had lived with equines in her past and harbored no ill feelings towards them. There was something in their confident, grounded strides that a pegasus simply couldn't mimic. They were completely at home on the ground, whereas a pegasus was always divided between the sky and the earth.

She returned his greeting with a nod of her own head. "And a good day to you too." said Aryel. "Do you live around here? Or are you just visiting this meadow like me?" She wasn't sure if any herds claimed this field as theirs, while it was a nice place she personally would have found somewhere more sheltered, where foals could be raised and borders could be protected. A central, open meadow would be difficult to defend in the event of a fight. Besides, if she had been trespassing than this horse would not be nearly as polite.

Unregistered

ZAMORO</style>

Walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk"
He watched as the mare bobbed her head up, in a noticeable way. A way, Zamoro couldn't help but give a good smile on his face. His eyes showed a little spark as she lifted her head. She seemed a little surprised to see someone at first, but then she showed a casual look but in a more polite tone. Speaking a fair greeting to Zamoro, he kept a warming smile on his face. He wanted to get to know this Pegasus. Zamoro Loved all beautiful things, especially if they were that of a mare. She was a beautiful coat that was unique. Usually he would see fair colored mares, but she, she had the touches of Gray, blue, and black.

Zamoro liked this a lot, but keeping a polite tone to himself, and giving a more graceful pose. He watched her, as she asked. "Do you live around here? Or are you just visiting this meadow like me?" She asked, he could see the glint of curiosity in her bright black eyes. Her eyes seemed to remind him of the starry night. Giving this question to him, he gave a moments shine in his eyes as he began to speak."No. But I came here lovely, to see what else Helovia holds in it's lands." Curving the smile on his face, he looked at her. She seemed like a tomboy type to him. She must like to explore as well by judging that spark in her touching eyes. "What a fine day, to say, to meet such a lovely girl like you." He said, speaking in a fragile voice careful not to make anything seem harsh by his view. He wanted to see this girl, Zamoro expected maybe a blush, or just maybe a slap. But he didn't care, it was worth anything to flirt with the beauty. She was a unique Pegasus, that Zamoro liked her style.

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre
Aryel scoffed and rolled her eyes at the male's compliments, but there was a smile on her face. Had she been a human, there would no doubt be a hint of a blush on her face. She had no doubt that this horse probably flirted with every other female that he came across. "What a charmer." she chuckled. "I bet the fillies think you're the best thing since green grass." Still, a little flattery never hurt anyone.

"So if you don't call this place home, where do you live?" she asked, tilting her head slightly. "Myself, I'm in the Dragon's Throat herd, south of here." She huffed. "It's been a pretty rough winter, so I was hoping the desert would still be warm. Apparently it can indeed snow that far south. I don't know what the Sun God is doing up there, but he needs to get his rear in gear and stop trying to freeze us all." A gust of cold wind blew across the meadow as if to groove her point, setting her mane and tail rippling.

Unregistered

ZAMORO</style>

Walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk"
After his decorated comment he spoke to her. He looked into her eyes to see, she scoffed at his lovely comment. It did not make Zamoro sad, nor angry but kept observing. He wanted to see her reactions a little longer, hopefully some of his flirtatious comments would get to her. Rolling her eyes, she then smiled lightly. Trying not to smile though yet acting natural. It made Zamoro smile even more jolly and hardy as he was. "What a charmer." Zamoro eyes sparked a little at this, the flattery made him chuckle lightly. He loved flattery from anyone, especially a woman of this personality. She then became on a new subject, making Zamoro's smile become a bit softer.

She asked of where he came from. She then explained of her origins before coming here to the dry meadow. She told of coming here for thinking it would be warm. It was cold and wintery, so she must have not been satisfied by not finding the warmth she came for. It was true, Zamoro did agree that the Sun God should be changing the seasons maybe soon. He hated the cold winter times, he didn't come here to feel warmth. He already had the streaking warmth back in his herd's lands. Yet he felt a little fortunate for where he lived, because it seemed others weren't lucky enough to have the kind of luxury as her herd did. "I am from Windtossed Foothills." He said smiling. She was kind of the same, she seemed to dislike cold, but Zamoro knew, he didn't know as much of her to know if she hated the cold as much as she did. "You are looking for a warm place to find? I know of a place if you want to come with me, lovely." He said. He told the truth for he remembered the meadows near his warm home. The Heavenly Fields, a nice warm meadows up in the mountains. He could bring her there, to have a nice graze with her.

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel hadn't heard much about the Foothills herd, just that they were a mainly landstrider herd. They were on good terms with the Throat, that was all that mattered to her. In fact, Aryel had been surprised to find that, aside from the band of horses exiled from World's Edge, Helovia was surprisingly peaceful. She had been right in coming here, she knew, but she privately worried it would end up just like Redrock Valley: Quiet, peaceful, and utterly boring. What was wrong with a little excitement?

One brow raised at his offer to go off and find somewhere warmer. "That's kind of you," said Aryel, tossing her head, "But I don't find it wise to go off with strange horses, even one as gentlemanly as you." Aryel may have been brave and impulsive, but she did have a whit of common sense. She doubted this horse meant any malice towards her, but really, you could never be sure.

(Argh, I'm sorry for the lame reply.)

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Unregistered

ZAMORO</style>

Walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk"
Zamoro patiently waited for a response from this mare. She was pretty, and Zamoro liked it. Her tomboyish looks, he seemed to have a sense that loves that type. But for now he waited for a response from her. He gave small eye contact with her, meeting with his eyes and hers. It seemed to kind of bore in his mind, but he ignored this little edging thing. And continued with the conversation these two were having for now. He just had invited her to come to the Meadows near his herds homes. Though it was outside of his herds lands, it was in the mountainous valleys as wells and was a place for any outsider to be in during cold winters. Surprisingly she seemed to had thought for a moment for an answer to his asking. That was kind of like a date, what I just asked the lass. He chuckled to himself, he didn't realize till after he said it. Now it made him more knowing of her suspicious towards his offer. Which of course he knew a reply of no would come right back at him.

As she finally spoke, he listened before giving his reaction. After she told her words he laughed a small Nordic laugh erupting from his chest. Aw, she said no. He thought to himself playfully."Well that's okay. I thought you might as well think it's suspicious!" Laughing again, he said. "I do not insist upon things, so I will take my leave if I'm bothering you lovely." He knew somehow he might be insisting something upon her. He hated doing that to anyone, especially woman he found very attractive. He nestled his emotions again but kept the small smile on his face. He didn't really think he wanted to leave her. But he insisted upon himself to do it, for she might be annoyed.

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel was appreciative that Zamoro did not press when she turned down his offer. "Perhaps another time, when I'm more familiar with Helovia's terrain." It hadn't escaped the mare's notice she had gotten close to wandering aimlessly again, like she did when leaving Redrock. She tried to keep note of how far certain places were from the Throat, using navigational skills learned as a foal. "You're not bothering me at all, I just ah, tend to act without thinking first, and I'm trying to be less rash."

She rested her weight on a back hoof, regarding the male with a slightly tilted head. "So what's life in the Foothills like? Are the leaders fair, is everyone content?" Is anyone showing signs of aggression towards the Throat? The last question went unsaid, of course. To interrogate him like a belligerent soldier would hardly be a smart, or polite, move. And she was curious about what the other herds were like anyway. Kri was a good enough leader, but not the type to frequently go among her subjects.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Unregistered

ZAMORO</style>

Walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk"
Pacing his mind with attributes of this conversation. He waited continuously for a brief answer of no or yes. He did not want to intent upon treading to become an annoyance, nor angering her. He just wanted to flirt, and have a good chat with her. She wasn't too aggressive, nor too passive. Zamoro thought was very nice to know, for he always had a distaste of meeting aggressive people. And of course he had met passive equines about in other lands before, always boring him with their small talk. But she wasn't like those others, which he found very nice in her personality so far. She seemed to pass through his offer, that made him smile inside. As she rested her self from standing by shifting a little. She asked him of what Foothills was like.

No one else had asked of his herd when he told them about it. She must be quite the interested one then. He nodded gently and spoke "Ah yes, my herd. Foothills is very lovely, beautiful green hidden in the beauty of strong mountains that protects us from wind and snow." He smiled thoughtfully just remembering the luscious green rolling hills and rocks. "And for the leaders. They are good, and deserve the rank they get. For they know what to do in any situation I can think of. It's all very peaceful in my herds lands." He loved that as well, he didn't care to fight for hatred and for the fun of it. He fought others with a dignified purpose if he had too. So he always loved the calming bliss of peace, especially in his herds lands. A comfortable place it was, such peace and harmony most of the time. It was great to have such nice welcoming equines in Helovia.

Zamoro contented with her asking. He wanted to know something about her herd as well. He hadn't heard much about her herd, so now was a good chance to know more information of her place."May I ask as well. How is your herd fairing?" Tilting his head slightly forward in a posture of relaxing. He hoped to have a peaceful answer for the better, hopefully they were not violent equines. He would dislike that very much, but he knew they were probably not. Though you never know, until you see it yourself.