the Rift

Trails in the dark shadows (Aryel)

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
The brute sighed as he travled alone into the deep forests. He looked into the spooky, scene of the forest. He stopped at the edge of the trail. He felt as though something, or someone was watching him. "Why am I afraid" He thought. I shouldn't be. I can out run and fly if something where to get me. I should just go on into the forests and hopefully I will find my way out.

He hesitated after thinking about it, but then just walked in without a breath. He knew that he was going to get lost, but he figured that he was smart enough to find his way out. Hopefully, nothing would try to hurt him. Or kill, him. He gulped as he heard the creepy sounds of the forests. An owl hooting, something shuffling the leaves deeper into the trails, and an unknown howl of some sort. He was starting to feel not scared because he just told himself he was over reacting. So, he carried himself on.

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre
Aryel had been trailing her newfound friend for some time now. The two of them had agreed to go explore the rest of Helovia after their first meeting. First on the agenda: the Deep Forest. Trying not to snicker and feeling almost like a foal again, she watched Levi from the shadows, finding the opportunity for a prank something she just couldn't pass up.

Carefully, carefully, every hoofstep quiet and deliberate, she crept up on Levi, wondering how to surprise him. Should she nip his tail? Shout at the top of her lungs? Say something in a really creepy voice? Maybe. "Tressspasseerrrrr..." she croaked, doing her best imitation of a forest witch as she reared and spread her wings. The shadows obscured her face as she loomed, which she hoped would add to the effect.
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi could have sworn he was being followed. Suddenly, he was stunned by the sound of a familiar voice. He knew exactly who it was. Aryel. That's why he thought he was being followed, he had totally forgotten that Aryel and he had planned to meet up again. He could not help, but give a smirk becase he had a plan. Aryel thought she could fool him, well let's just see about that. He gave a fake "Ahhhh!" And then chuckled underneath his breath.

Levi ran as fast as he could ahead so she couldn't see him. Then he swooshed up into the air into a large tree and waited for her to chase him down. He knew she would go looking for him. So he was going to wait for the right moment to swoop down and scare her. He thought that hopefully it would work. He really liked a good joke and if she wanted to try to trick him, he would get her back.

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel snickered as he turned to face her, then shouted and ran. I've got him now! she thought, taking off after him. Still, Levi was fast, and the forest was dark. It wasn't long before she had lost sight of his tail end fleeing through the undergrowth. She cantered to a stop, then began walking again, slowly. "Where are you...?" she muttered quietly to herself, swinging her head back and forth to scan the forest for Levi.

Unknowingly, she passed under the massive tree Levi was hiding in, quite possibly one of the few trees in the forest that could support a horse's weight. She hadn't tried hiding in trees since she was a gangly little foal, and didn't think to look up.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Hidden Account
Ava
The deep shadows of the forest lingered all around them. Sounds of animals scurried across the floors His dim pelt was now pitch black, almost impossible to see in these forests. For him, he didn't look to brilliant for the forest deflected his figure. However, Aryel's pelt looked perfectly shinny. Her blue roan pelt was outlined by a dark out lining. Her orbs filled with curiosity and wonderment. He chuckled to himself slightly picturing her reaction in his mind.

He swiftly moved towards the upper part of the large tree. Gracefully, he moved towards the edge of the branch. Waiting for the right timing, he leaped across to another tree. Luckily, the forest was sorta loud so he couldn't be heard. Watching her presence, his eyes lit up as he figured out what he was going to do.

He timed her, as she walked down towards the trails. Deeper and deeper she crept on. He finally swooped down with a loud shriek. Flapping his large falcon wings, he makes a huge gust of wind blow towards her. Then with a leap he jumps to the right of her and with his left wing, he covers her eyes. With a low and stern voice he shouts "Who are you? Why do you dare coming here? Do you know who's territory you are crossing?" Keeping his grip on her he waited until she replied.

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel

If Aryel had heard the trees creaking as they protested the silver-black stallion's jumping around in them, she didn't discern it from the multitude of animal noises that broke through the forest. Most were insects and birds, but she stayed ever-alert for the howl of a wolf or the snarl of a mountain lion. Aryel was prey, and she never forgot that.

A flicker of movement caused her to turn in time to see a dark shadow launch itself at her, flaring night-black wings and emitting a high-pitched call. She jumped backwards as the beast landed next to her and covered her eyes with a veil of darkness, demanding to know who she was and what she was doing here.

Maybe the forest was haunted after all.

"I-I'm sorry!" she stuttered, cringing. "I was exploring with my friend, and lost track of him, and--" she stopped, her brow furrowing. Those ghostly feathers felt awfully real. She quickly bent her neck and snuck a glance under the wing obscuring her vision. Grey hooves, black legs. Not very transparent or ghostly at all.

Wait a second.

She backed up, facing her attacker. For a moment, she just stared at Levi, then a grin broke across her muzzle. "Nicely played." she smirked, then began laughing. "You had me there for a second, but a ghost might not've tried covering my eyes. Incorporeal-ness and all. Still, a nice effort." Her grin became devious. "I'll have to get you back double next time."

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account
Ava
Aryel's voice was filled with terror. What an hysterical moment this was to Levi. His dark orbs sparkled with adventure, as Aryel started to back up. Finally, realizing that it was Levi that blocked her face with his tremendous wings, she laughed gleefully. Levi couldn't help but laugh with her as well. "I'll have to get you back double next time." She said ginning at him. Nudging into her side Levi rings "Please, like you could top that one." He grinned "And I knew you were scared, but I'll admit it to you figured it out pretty quickly." Smirking at her he cooed "Well, if you count like twenty minutes and in horse years that's um, 2 years." He laughed jokingly at her. He knew she would get him back for he had no doubt about it. She was also crafty, but was she good enough to fool Levi?

Standing next to her he gently wrapped his black feathery wings around her back. Hugging her to "appologise" for his foolish behavior. His silvery fleck glimmered at her as he nuzzled his cheek gently on hers. "I'm sowwy." He said in a joking tone "I won't go so harsh next time." Releasing his gentle grip on her side, he walked a bit forward and asked "Well, you coming?" Flickering his tail he stopped in the spot he was in. Waiting for he to come, he also waited for the delicate mare to reply.

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel

Aryel smirked again as Levi bragged she couldn't beat his prank. "Oh, I intend to, just you wait." But she accepted his apology and his wing-hug, returning the nuzzle with one of her own. She had made the right choice finding a herd to join. She had almost forgotten the closeness and friendship that group life was so full of. And in the Throat, nobody was telling her she couldn't stray from the herd lands. She could roam the entire peninsula and nobody objected.

She followed Levi, trotting to catch up, then slowing to walk beside him. "So where are we off to now?" she asked. She had explored into the forest before, but never very far in. She had no doubt that there were animals in here large enough to eat her, and the forest wasn't a good place for an animal whose primary means of escape were running and flying. The screech of a bird in the distance caused her to turn her head quickly, scanning for danger. "This place is pretty weird. Look at those old slashes on the trees. Place gives me the creeps."

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account
Ava
Her nuzzle felt soothing as she hugged the darkly shaded brute back. He really did enjoy her company, for they got along quite well. Honestly, what would he do without a friend like her? She taught him so much already by just being with him. He was more snobby before, but she helped with his stubbornness.

As Aryel quickly caught up to the brutes side, he laughed at the fact that she was going to try get him back. "Oh, I intend to, just you wait." Her voice sounded serious, but it was funny to Levi. He never had been fooled by anyone before, let alone a mare. Hah, yeah right he thought. She could try, but it will be hard. They walked side by side into the deep forests. "So where are we off to now?" she scanned the area wit her cautious looking orbs. "This place is pretty weird. Look at those old slashes on the trees. Place gives me the creeps." Levi agreed that this place was quite... creepy. The old slashed looked pretty deep into the trees. They weren't from any kind of horse, so what were they from? He didn't want to know. He just kept on walking.

"Why don't we just see where the forests take us? Or are you too scared." He confidently said a bit scared himself. "But, I totally agree, this place gives me the creeps to, exhaling he shot a grin towards her "But that's why its fun!" His gaze turned to her as he waited patiently for a reply.

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel

"Scared?" asked Aryel, mock-offended. "You're talking to the horse who nearly got eaten a few times as a foal because she kept wandering away from her mom." She smirked. "I'm not scared of anything." It was true, unfortunately. Aryel sometimes put the fool in foolhardy.

She looked around at the trees again, noting the occasional marks. "Yeah, you're right." she agreed. "Creepy, but fun." Her head bobbed once as she recalled something. "Hey, I heard there's a cool-looking spring not far from here once. The bottom is lined with red gems that some say are the blood of the horses killed here." She looked back at Levi. "Let's go take a look, shall we?"

(Sorry for how short it is, I did a bunch of posts before this and my muse is starting to run out.)

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account
Ava
"Scared?" Aryel asked mock-offended "You're talking to the horse who nearly got eaten a few times as a foal because she kept wandering away from her mom." Ayrel gave a smirk. "I'm not scared of anything." Levi grinned when he heard Aryel say "I'm not scared of anything. "Hah!" He laughed "Then why were you afraid when I covered your eyes earlier?" He teased. "And well, good then when something scary comes along, I can just use you as a shield!" He walked forwards by her side laughing happily. He knew that Aryel was sort of jokingly to, so she would understand.

"Yeah, you're right." She agreed to Levi's statement "Creepy, but fun." Levi pretended to be scary "Oooohhhhh." He wailed like a ghost. Aryel's head bobbed and then she started to talk again "Hey, I heard there's a cool-looking spring not far from here once. The bottom is lined with red gems that some say are the blood of the horses killed here." She looked back at Levi. "Let's go take a look, shall we?" Levi was always up for an adventure, so his heart bounced when she said that. "The blood of others huh? He grinned at Aryel "It sounds very interesting, and maybe we could possibly come home with some gems if there are any." Giving her a hopeful look it sounded like a lots of fun. "Muahahaha! We will be un stoppable, nothing will get in our way!." His flecks grew wider as they went deeper and deeper into the forests. They weren't the brightest so it was kind of hard to see. Levi was excited to go see what the dynamic duo could find.

(it's okay my muse is down to :/ )