the Rift

I took the stars from my eyes

Poppy Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She thinks the nymph's voice is like rain falling on a canopy of oak leaves, and she shakes herself because she might be wet. What indignation she may have been entitled to at being called a rabbit was lost behind the delight of being in the presence of one so lovely. She echoes the other's laughter, her own voice dense and crackling like leaves in a storm. Dark eyes glitter with fiery excitement; she is caught up in the joy of it. She is a fairy floating through the sky, following her queen, and the trees are bending about her and laughing with her and she is their friend, and they make way for them.

But what is this? An intruder upon their wild wandering! The nymph stops, and she does not realize it until collision is imminent; she slides to a halt, perched behind her queen, and gazes fiercely at this tiny intruder. Yet he speaks so sweetly, and calls her pretty; and she is brought down, collapsed under the weight of his smooth voice and the nymph's laughter. He calls himself Aurelius, and she tries very hard to make the name work in her mind, bending the syllables and mouthing the word. She finds herself entranced, and almost missed her nymph's reply; Lena, she says, and she thinks it is lovely. A pause, awkward and ponderous; suddenly she realizes. "Poppy!" bursts into the air, rough and sudden and enthusiastic. Now that she has spoken, the desire to say more comes over her; eagerly, she looks around, and words begin to spill from her charcoal lips. "You come home with me? Is special and beautiful Foothills and everyone is happy and you like it, I promise!"

[ooc || Ugh..... ugh. ]

[Image: 2m7t3j5.png]

Messages In This Thread
I took the stars from my eyes - by Lena - 06-26-2012, 11:43 AM
RE: I took the stars from my eyes - by Poppy - 06-26-2012, 02:59 PM
RE: I took the stars from my eyes - by Aurelius - 06-26-2012, 04:34 PM
RE: I took the stars from my eyes - by Lena - 06-26-2012, 05:55 PM
RE: I took the stars from my eyes - by Poppy - 06-27-2012, 04:11 PM
RE: I took the stars from my eyes - by Aurelius - 06-28-2012, 01:18 PM
RE: I took the stars from my eyes - by Lena - 06-29-2012, 10:36 AM
RE: I took the stars from my eyes - by Aurelius - 07-01-2012, 04:41 PM