the Rift

I took the stars from my eyes

Aurelius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Aurelius saw the worship that lived in the eyes of the smaller mare, and he could easily understand where it was coming from. With a soft voice full of cheer, a face that shone only kindness and eyes that were so full of life; it was hard not to be drawn in by her. An odd trio indeed, they must’ve been quite the amusing sight for any by-passers, but life often had a knack for bringing together the most unlikely of destinies, in his experience. Winking back at the larger mare, he returned her smile and greeting. "And you too, Lady Lena." Propping up a back hoof to rest on its tip, he lowered his nape into a more comfortable position. Aurelius always enjoyed pleasant company when he came across it, and in the present case of two attractive females, why shouldn’t he enjoy himself?

His eyes ventured to the smaller mare, the first he had encountered in Helovia that didn’t tower over him by several inches. Truth be told, he might have stolen her away too, had she only not been hornless. There was no discrimination in his heart, but he would have to abide by the rules of his new home. Also, should he bring her, he could mention a few individuals that would probably eat her alive. Shaking the unpleasant thought off with a toss of his skull, his ears perked forward as she put forward her name. He had opened his mouth to give some kind of compliment, but she seemed eager to continue, so he held her tongue.

It was an invitation, to the Foothill’s, delivered in a childish state of excitement that caused a rough laugh to emit from his lips. "Cutting straight to the chase. I like that, m’lady Poppy," he said kindly, turning his attention to Lena. "I might as well follow the example, now that our courtesies are out of the way. I would like to invite you to The World’s Edge, in hopes you would make it your home. I only recently settled down there myself, but it has been quite pleasant so far, with a lovely forest and a priceless view of the endless blue," he spoke, pausing before continuing this stream of talk. "You will find many kindred spirits with us, at this time only unicorns live in The Edge, and we are a tight-knit family. I guarantee, you will be welcomed with open hearts," he spoke sincerely, smiling softly.

Glancing at Poppy, he didn’t want to imagine her disappointment, should this new goddess not choose the Foothills, but if such misfortune should occur, he would try to make it up to her. It was out of his grasp, now it would be up to Lena to make the choice; he did not envy her, knowing how she must feel, but he had done his best to represent The Edge, and there was nothing more for him to do.

Messages In This Thread
I took the stars from my eyes - by Lena - 06-26-2012, 11:43 AM
RE: I took the stars from my eyes - by Poppy - 06-26-2012, 02:59 PM
RE: I took the stars from my eyes - by Aurelius - 06-26-2012, 04:34 PM
RE: I took the stars from my eyes - by Lena - 06-26-2012, 05:55 PM
RE: I took the stars from my eyes - by Poppy - 06-27-2012, 04:11 PM
RE: I took the stars from my eyes - by Aurelius - 06-28-2012, 01:18 PM
RE: I took the stars from my eyes - by Lena - 06-29-2012, 10:36 AM
RE: I took the stars from my eyes - by Aurelius - 07-01-2012, 04:41 PM