the Rift

Silence of the Heart [Companions and bonded]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
Cursive Fonts
Something was amiss and it grew clearer for each day that passed that it wasn't natural. Ever since the night when a red sun had risen onto the sky only to be blocked by the moon, Fajira had been unable to speak to her bonded. It filled her heart with fear, the silence was unnatural. The bond hadn't broken, so why was it that her voice couldn't reach him, why could she no longer hear the familiar voice echo within the soul?

The thought that it might not be just her and Lace struck her, and immediately a chill had run down her scaled spine. This had to be discussed. She had to know if others were afflicted the same way as they were; and so she took to the sky, flying across the wilderness of Helovia while the warbling voice summoned her dragon kin - and after a bit of thought, other bonded as well.

Bonded, hear me! You who's soul is linked to the soul of another, Hear me and Come! There are questions to be asked, answers to find. Come!

It wasn't common that a dragon deigned pay attention to anyone but her bonded or another dragon, but this was a situation that was beyond common. And if someone scaleless of even flightless could provide insight... Well, then they'd just have to put up with things like poor speech and lacking manners.

Dragging her bonded equine along, the slender white dragon then took off toward the coast and settled in a large willow-tree situated by and overhanging the water of the Secret Grove. It was large enough to fit a large number of creatures, with space beneath for their bonded to wait and guess and contain their curiosity - for as much as she would have liked to, there was no way to let Lace know what she was up to. They must be wondering too, worried about the matter of the clouded bond... Perhaps, if they all gathered in one place then they too had a chance of finding out what was going on, and if there was a solution to the problem.

With quiet dignity the pale runt settled down to wait on a branch close to the center of the tree. She was nervous but hid it well; being of lowest rank among her scaled kinsmen, would they take well to being summoned by one such as her? If only Akaith had been there, and not confined along with her bonded DragonHeart... A soft melody chased away the silence of the evening, to make time pass and welcome those who chose to heed the summons.

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA & TINEK</style>
Heavens ablaze in our eyes, we're standing still in time
the blood on our hands is the wine, we offer a sacrifice
</style>

Ophelia wandered, without her memories and with Tinek following loyally. The fact that he could not send her pictures and communicate in his own way was torture, but he gritted his teeth and moved forward. Crimson eyes recognized the small, white dragon in the distance, and he glanced toward his bond mate with a small pause. She should be fine; she normally did not travel far. With a powerful thrust of his wings, the sky fish took to the clouds and then landed on a bough of the large willow tree, claws taking hold and long, scaled tail wrapping around it carefully.

The royal was only a baby still, and he was about half the size that he would crow to be. He tucked his metallic wings to his side and let out a small, hollow chirp in greeting to the white. The little pale dragon was about of the same stature as the black Comadre, he noticed. Were they related? Most likely not. A deep instinct told Tinek that he should be of higher rank than the elder white, but instead he focused on the fact that he was not even a year in age.

Ophelia's cloven hooves made their way closer, and the silver visibly relaxed, though his expression turned to heartache. Embarrassed by his open emotions, he grimaced and looked down at his clawed hands, hearing while listening to the white call the others. "She cannot hear me..." he murmured quietly. "I cannot hear her. I..." he trailed, his dragon-language a little rough. "I feel lost." Tinek looked to his elder for guidance.

BG | dragon | horse

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
[Image: torasinbycami.png]

TORASIN

Torasin watched Kiba gliding above him. The brown returned a look of a boy lost and forlorn. Snow melted and the breath of new life was all around them, the time to dance and be happy in one another's company was upon them yet silence never screamed so loud before this spring. The moon's graceful light had been blocked by a bloody sun and the world of companion and bonded fell silent. He had tried many times to make contact, to beat the emptiness and fill the void, but now it was painful to try. To hope it might happen and fail hurt too much now that Kiba moved closer to his bonded disgruntled, two hearts so closely intertwined yet so far apart. The world was once again thrown into a state of unnatural existence. The painted Sir sighed and bared right out of the Endless Blue and entered the Grove. Taking comfort in the heat and beautiful scenery. Two others of which he knew also stood in the home of lovers, Lace and Ophelia. Bonded in tow.

Kiba looked to Fajira and Tinek, his usual flamboyant greeting marred by the same thoughts of his brethren. It hurt, he wanted to engulf Torasin in a shower of joy and communicate thoughts of merry dance. What would he do if they were in danger? How could he tell him? The brown floated over to Tinek and quietly trilled in subdued voice, deferring naturally to the royal silver as he did with Akaith. Tail swinging low in out of character fashion.

"Will I ever be able to speak to him again?" were his only words of offering to this unofficial meeting of despair. His voice cracked and saddened. Forever a young egg at heart.

like knives in my heart