the Rift

Prisoner of War

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

The mare was ignorant to the existence of the Time God, at least she would be until the effects of the drugs wore off and she was able to more clearly recall conversations with her sister, who spoke of meeting a curiously painted stallion who seemed to step across the realm out of a different dimension entirely. As it was, however, Mirage could only assume she was in an unknown portion of the Steppe, a land she had been to only a handful of times before, and even then she hadn't ventured far from the frozen bridge that had given her access to the lands that were permanently frozen.

The new angle in which she peered at the lands, however, did make her wonder. The scents of unicorns lingered, they were strong, obvious, seemingly settled into place - though they hadn't been for long. She could assume that it was a similar situation as when she, and the followers of the Qian, had made the Deep Forest their home, but somehow the idea didn't quite stick with her. Somehow, she felt this was a permanent abode.. And yet, how was she to know more without anyone telling her?

Sights lifted to view her captor, eyeing the dusty hue of his coat with disguised interest. Her expressions displayed nothing of the hunger for knowledge she felt, rather, they reflected nothing more than a sullen, bored and vacant stare. So this was the fiend who had so roughly forced himself upon her. She wondered, idly, how he had managed to poison her - it must have been while she was grazing outside of her home, or perhaps, while she was feasting upon the flesh of a deer with her bonded dragon, in her own dragon form… No, if that had been the case she would have woken up still in her dragon form. How then?

Thoughts of her magic did leave her curious to wonder if the stallion even knew of her abilities, how did he plan to stop her from cloaking herself and simply walking home? How did he plan to stop her if she transformed and simply bit his little horned head off and flew out of here?

Perhaps he was wiser than he looked, for Mirage was no such creature, at least not right now, as she recovered from ingesting whatever poison he had managed to slip her. He was all bravado, as he waltzed closer to her, looking over her with his sharp, amber eyes. Akaith leapt to her withers, scales standing on end and wings flaring as she warned him not to venture within the reach of her claws or her flame. With the years they had spent together, it was surprisingly, and yet perhaps not so, that they adapted to the lack of a mental bond tying them together. The love they felt for each other was still there, even if not directly palpable.

"I sought a home for my kin, a home that was withheld from me due to a lack of a horn upon my brow. Then I sought guidance from a celestial being, and was directed towards the path that would give my what it was I sought." Her voice was accented, an exotic curl different to any other flavour his ears might have tasted previously. The tone with which she decorated her words was bland, nothing but informative. "I did not exile your kin; the World's Edge is open to any who would accept my rule." She added, wondering just what this stallion's true motivation for capturing her was. She did not recognise him from the battle front - but then, she was mighty distracted with keeping herself alive, and defending her brethren at that time.

"One thing I have learned, is that life is unfair. Even the laws of the land dictate that someone will always win, and someone will lose. I can only do my best to ensure my, and my brethren's survival." Still she spoke with little emotion, nothing aside from the truth in her words were proffered. Akaith settled slightly upon the small of her back, her growls becoming somewhat softer, though still present. It was true; now Mirage was the 'loser' of the situation. And no, she did not like it. But she would not let that affect her, not while she was in the camp of unicorns seeking revenge. Let them have their revenge - if they take it out on her, then perhaps they would leave the rest of her herd alone.

Somehow she doubted she would be that lucky.

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Prisoner of War - by Mirage - 12-05-2012, 10:33 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Xanthos - 12-06-2012, 09:19 AM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Mirage - 12-06-2012, 09:51 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Xanthos - 12-06-2012, 11:01 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Mirage - 12-06-2012, 11:42 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Xanthos - 12-07-2012, 09:58 AM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Ink - 12-07-2012, 06:19 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Mirage - 12-07-2012, 08:25 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Xanthos - 12-08-2012, 01:11 AM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Blu - 12-08-2012, 01:36 AM