Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
[Image: xanthosprofilepic.png]

Xanthos
I will live for you
before I die

Xanthos could say he was surprised by the calmness that the mare displayed as she spoke. Her voice was unlike any other he had heard before, and for an instant, he wondered if she was even native to these lands. It almost seemed she didn't care about her situation, but that was impossible. Who could simply shrug off the fact that they had been drugged and stolen away to a land full of loathing, vengeful unicorns?

His ears tipped back after she had spoken, giving him a thoughtful expression as he mulled over her words. Why had she sought the Edge when there were others lands to choose from, others that did not care whether or not a horn spiraled from your forehead? And even if she had come to welcome all species, the fact remained that she had ran the now-Aurorans out. At the mention of a celestial being, the grullo knew instantly that she must have been speaking of the Goddess of the Moon, for that is who the Gods must have been speaking about back in the Steppe. It would only make sense.

"But why the World's Edge?" He inquired, carefully watching the mare for any change in her expression, "I mean... There are other lands, free of my more racist brothers and sisters." As he spoke, Xanthos felt that maybe, just maybe, he and the Dragonheart were more alike than he had originally thought. He was here in the Basin, somewhat against his will, and he did not agree with the ways of Psyche or the others. He had found few who thought the same as he, Faelene the only one coming to his immediate thoughts.

His breath came in tendrils as he exhaled, the chilly breeze carrying it away at once. His attention drifted briefly to the dragon upon the Weyrleader's back, sensing her discomfort of him, but Xanthos assured that he kept a respectful distance from the pair. The golden dragon hadn't asked for this, and while he didn't understand the bond between an equine and a companion, he was sure she didn't entirely understand what this was all about. He might have been a little rought to get him here, but it was definitely against his nature to do anything else. Unfortunately, he couldn't say the same for the rest of his kin.

"I cannot deny the truth of that," Xanthos replied as she spoke again, still with little emotion from the mare. She seemed only interested in spreading the truth, instead of spitting and hissing at every little thing that was said. A good quality in a leader, in his opinion. For a moment he seemed to think, before drawing in a deep breath to go on. "You may think as you like, Mirage, but this is not something I wished to do. Especially when I've not even met you before. I can promise nothing to you, and it is foolish of me to think possible, but I hope my kind will resolve this with as much diplomacy as possible."

It was a laughable statement, indeed, but one that he truly did wish for.

Messages In This Thread
Prisoner of War - by Mirage - 12-05-2012, 10:33 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Xanthos - 12-06-2012, 09:19 AM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Mirage - 12-06-2012, 09:51 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Xanthos - 12-06-2012, 11:01 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Mirage - 12-06-2012, 11:42 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Xanthos - 12-07-2012, 09:58 AM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Ink - 12-07-2012, 06:19 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Mirage - 12-07-2012, 08:25 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Xanthos - 12-08-2012, 01:11 AM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Blu - 12-08-2012, 01:36 AM
RE: Prisoner of War - by d'Artagnan - 12-08-2012, 11:31 AM