Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
[Image: xanthosprofilepic.png]

Xanthos
I will live for you
before I die

When Mirage regarded him with a look of kindness, of all things, Xanthos was visibly surprised. He held her gaze for a moment before breaking it, glancing away only briefly. He was, of course, unknowing of what she was truly thinking, but her flicker of emotion spoke a thousand words that she was unwilling to say herself.

There was no doubt that the grullo wished for some sort of change in his life. It had all happened so quickly, and looking back, he would have denied Elizabeth's offer. He could remember it clearly; she had asked if he rathered walk as an equal, or to reign supreme. Foolishly, he had gone with the latter, and followed her into the Steppe without much of a second thought. Little had he known just how much of a mess he would be landing himself in. For a moment, he wondered how much better a life he could be living if things had only been a little different in the Threshold, or if he'd only taken a moment to weigh his options...

A light breeze tousled his mane then, stealing his thoughts away with it. A welcoming thing indeed, except now he was faced with the there and now again. His gaze found Mirage's again, and as she spoke, a look of perplexion crossed his face, and then a low, humorless chuckle escaped his throat. "Curious, indeed," he agreed, the slightest flash of a grin stretching at his lips, "That I, too, might have a change of heart about this all." Even he was beginning to grow a liking to this ebony mare, and unwillingly, thoughts of escape from the Basin came bubbling to his mind. If he could hold off the rest of his kin, at least until the Weyrleader was at full steam once more, perhaps they could manage to scrape away from this place seemingly frozen in time...

It was the sound of Akaith's cry that pulled the steed from his thoughts now, his yellow eyes snapping to the creature and then shifting to scan the pale skies. It seemed nothing but a bird, surely catching the carnivore's attention. He had not closely observed the fauna here, and although quite unusual in its looks, he paid it no mind.

Mirage's words came upon his ears once more, and holding back the urge to snort, he merely shook his head in answer. He had tensed, as anymore, the mere mention of Psyche and the others had him on the edge. "They are unaware of my abilities; they seem only to worry about one's hatred towards the other species than one's ability to do anything else." He paused then, rather abruptly, regarding the mare with his own look of kindness, and sympathy. Even sharing few words between the pair so far, she had managed to draw out his true feelings, and he wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not. "... Pardon my ranting," his voice was now a great deal calmer, and with a flick of the tail, he relaxed. "I am Xanthos, Dragonheart, so you need not call me 'steed' anymore."

Messages In This Thread
Prisoner of War - by Mirage - 12-05-2012, 10:33 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Xanthos - 12-06-2012, 09:19 AM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Mirage - 12-06-2012, 09:51 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Xanthos - 12-06-2012, 11:01 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Mirage - 12-06-2012, 11:42 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Xanthos - 12-07-2012, 09:58 AM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Ink - 12-07-2012, 06:19 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Mirage - 12-07-2012, 08:25 PM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Xanthos - 12-08-2012, 01:11 AM
RE: Prisoner of War - by Blu - 12-08-2012, 01:36 AM
RE: Prisoner of War - by d'Artagnan - 12-08-2012, 11:31 AM