the Rift

What are you doing? ( Ink | Quest)

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I've been flying for so long, trying to find her, that exhaustion eventually overwhelms me and my body begs me to stop.
No, that's wrong, isn't it? It's not quite my body - not this mass of dark fluid I've become, twisted into the form of an owl with a few simple brushstrokes from my tail. This body does not feel, does not yearn, does not need. I could probably wither away in this body and it would never matter.

It is my mind that pleads for respite.
I guess that's my safety. Even if I passed out I'd lose the focus to maintain and eventually return to me.

I drop from the sky in a dive. I leave behind a black trail of ink so rapidly dissolving into fine particles it's a mist that's all too soon dispersed. I continued to sink into the horizon, falling down, down, down to the earth. I splatter against the vibrant grasses of this meadow, tangled in the stalks of flowers and weeds alike. I am but a dismal smudge on this beautiful landscape, dripping into the soil to stain and ruin.

I close my eyes gently, somewhere in this murk I feel them, sense them, have them. When next I open them I have returned to me, a dark, lanky horse foolishly splayed in the meadow. I lift my head to glance at myself, still unaccustomed to this shift and fearful one day I will look and find myself only partially remade. For now I am whole.

Snorting quietly I flop back against the ground, the cool of the dirt kissing my left side. Thoughtfully I browse at the foliage near me, not even bothering to raise my head. In this manner, munching on a dandelion, I muse over what I have seen and learned this past turn as I continue my search for the DragonHeart and her keepers.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
What are you doing? ( Ink | Quest) - by Ghayth - 12-06-2012, 10:25 PM
RE: What are you doing? ( Ink | Quest) - by Ink - 12-11-2012, 01:44 AM