the Rift

The Test[Romani, post-spar]

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
The Chief felt a surge of power run through his bones as her weight was thrown off of him. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. The pressure of the goliath's impact with the red mare, the red mare's breath, the goliath's smile, and finally the red mare going through the air to land on the ground.

Archibald's front hooves landed on the ground with a hard impact, shaking the ground slightly with the lingering of his earthen ability. The Chief shook out his body and tossed his head in triumph. Turning his head slightly the leader snorted and trotted towards where Romani struggled to stand. Using his large head Archibald nudged her and helped her balance. He could see the pain and confusion and disappointment written on her face. "Mare," The Chief started, taking a step back from her shaking form, "You are very aggressive--something I work on--and in the course of that spar you were fighting as if I were a real opponent." If I were a real opponent, you would not be getting up from that attack--I would have ended you. The Dauntless finished mentally as Loretta strode up to stand next to him.

Archibald shifted his weight, a stinging sensation of pain running through his leg that Romani had landed her kick on. Loretta, picking up on it, walked to where the bruise was forming and licked it with her tongue. It will heal soon She sent to Archibald and he nodded simply, waiting for Romani to reply.

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow
Romani
Archibald’s aid in standing was a great relief to the downed mare, as it signaled to her that perhaps he was not as disappointed in her as she originally believed. Romani was grateful for the help, as well, as she was uncertain if she would be able to remain standing otherwise. Regardless, the red palomino lifted her head, regaining her composure with each shaky breath that she took. Meeting her Chief’s gaze, she listened as he spoke, trying to swallow the bitter feeling of failure. Would he send her away? A chastising lecture she could handle, but being dismissed coldly by someone she was trying to impress…

“I apologize, Sir,” Romani said sincerely, ignoring the winded waiver in her voice, “I will be honest; growing up, I was raised to fight with my all for something that I believed in. I can see now that I let my emotions get the best of me, and I will do what I can to make sure that it doesn’t happen again.” If the spar had not been against Archibald, the Haflinger had realized that perhaps her attacks could have seriously injured another creature, but due to the Chief’s vast experience and larger size, that was not the case.

Growing quiet, she waited for Archibald to continue, head held high to try and regain a bit of her dignity. As much as she didn’t like criticism, Romani knew she would need it to become a better Warrior, a better individual. Archibald was clearly much more experienced and knowledgeable in everything regarding fighting, and the palomino hoped that she could learn from him, even if it was just a little piece of advice.

table by tempest @ sordid secrets

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
"You will need to work on you skills more," The black draft started, shaking his head slightly to rid his vision of his forelock, "but you seem to have a grasp on effective attacks and defenses." Archibald watched her expressions change from disappointment to a cold stare. She tried to regain her dignity--had Archibald taken that from her? Had she expected a different outcome from their spar? The Chief mentally scoffed--she had some arrogance, that was definite.

Archibald looked down to his bonded and sent her a question. The red bitch replied and Archibald looked back towards Romani. "I will promote you to warrior, Romani," the Dauntless took a step forward, raising his head far above hers to assert his never-ending dominance, "But to keep your rank you must spar with two others before the height of birdsong. Whether you turn out victorious or not is beside the point. Return to me before the turn of the sun and let me know the names of your opponents."

With those words the Chief swiftly turned and trotted away. Archibald kept a stone face as he slapped his tail along his hind pillars, stings of pain trickling up his leg. Loretta followed behind slowly, tail swinging behind her.