the Rift

Hell If I Care [Psyche]

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Elizabeth
the fallen

I felt, deep inside, some sort of sorrow within my heart. Maybe it was the distance of my freedom. I was bound by invisible chains, or those invisible chains of Kri's power. I would only stay though, long enough to find their weaknesses and gather my strength to restore my freedom. The day I arrived we had our differences spoke a few words. The bitch told me to come and drink from this lake I stand before now. I remember telling her no. Cause fuck if I would drink from something so tainted. Yet it itched at my drying throat. Been so long since I had the taste of cool refreshment. I couldn't let her see me stoop to her level so I perked my ears and zoned in on my surroundings. Quickly surveying the landscape before I plunged my face into the liquid.

Sweet coolness made its way to my stomach. The feeling so refreshing. I slurped quickly. Getting my fill before anyone could come along. I was still alone so I slipped backwards. Turning away from the water. Large hooves moved forwards and I made my way through the sands. Quiet steps were slow. I felt so tamed and useless. Then again I could careless what had happened. My friends would come for me, or I would deal with it myself. I wasn't useless, there was a reason I was appointed Corporal. I wouldn't sit back and watch this happen. Fuck Kri and her sandy tainted world.

[ooc- Psyche only please (unless there is a rule against this request), though if you are the guards (Bazilisk/Kri) you are more than welcome lol!]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

You can sleep with a gun but
When you gonna wake up and fight?

She was so accustomed to being busy that the sudden free time was an unwelcome surprise.

The shadow-mare harbored no hard feelings towards her captor, the giant snake. He himself had admitted that he hadn't a reason to bring her here, other than to follow the orders of the sultans. And she wasn't one to enter into a losing battle, as any fight with an oversized serpent was sure to be. One look at him assured the viewer that his massive coils could crush the bones of any mortal being in mere seconds, and that was without even taking into account the hypnotic quality of those poisonous green eyes. She wondered if it was an inherent trait, or if it was magic - if it were the former, perhaps she could persuade him to teach her how to use her own malicious orbs that way. Regardless, he was not a skyrat, like those sultans that he answered to; nor was he a hornless vermin, fit for naught but slavery. No, he was a creature all his own, and had gained a certain respect from the dark fae. After all, given his druthers, he had made it perfectly clear that he would stay out of their business.

She wondered what kind of alliance the sultans must have made with the serpent, to have him doing their dirty work for them. She snorted, disgust and anger evident. How dare they send a serpentine servant to take her? Did they fear her so much that they would not approach her, in which case they were simply horrible leaders? Or did they underestimate her so much that they refused to sully themselves to take her, in which case they were simply ignorant? It made her furious, the way her mind wound in circles, revisiting the same thoughts over and over, unable to break the vicious cycle of vehemence. What she wouldn't give to give them all a piece of her mind! And she would, one day, for suddenly the Throat and its inhabitants had leaped to the top of her shit list, sitting amicably with the Edge in her quest for vengeance.

A familiar scent caught and held in her nostrils, and she swung her maw towards the source. The silver-marked, scarred unicorn stood on the other side of the lake - the oasis, she amended with a sneer - and, as Psyche watched, plunged her cranium into the cool liquid. The shadow-mare wondered how long Elizabeth had gone without water, how long she had been held prisoner here. Had they been taken at the same time? By the same wretched snake? She set off in a confident trot, pistons seeming to claim the ground that they marked with deep scores of prints, acting as though she owned the place. Well, she would, one day. They wouldn't get away with stealing the Crux and one of her beloved Corporals. As angry as the jackal was that her cohort had managed to get herself captured, she was relieved that she was not alone. Surely the pair of them would be more than capable of escape.

"Lovely to see you again, darling," she greeted the taller fae upon arrival. Elizabeth looked none the worse for wear, another blessing. And in truth, the jackal preferred this mare over the majority of her kinfolk. Being stuck here with, say, Deimos, with his death-magic and silence, would have been unbearable; or Valentine, who pined after her like a lovesick colt, might have driven her mad, for the facade that she had chosen to portray would have to have been upheld even here. Oh, the messes she got herself into. "I do hope that our hosts are treating you well?" The words were spat with venom, hatred sparking in her eyes. Elizabeth would understand, of that she was sure. They were two peas in a pod, the pair of them. The Throat had certainly picked the wrong mares to throw together.

[W/C | 661]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

Rough snorts shot wildly from my nose. My silver orbs a blank stare into the sands as I imagined the death of them all. Imagined my escape route. I knew I wouldn't make it out without a fight because for sure, Kri had made her intentions clear, though they rested on dead ears. I feared not for what she wanted me to. Caring less for the magic she had. It was an obvious waste of energy. Pain was pain. I would not beg and plea for mercy, I am no cowardice fool.

Yet something graced its presence in my nostrils. The familiar smell of Psyche. I felt that if I opened my eyes I would awaken from a wretched dream and see the cold winter air of the Steppe. When I had left, Psyche was still at home. Or so I had hoped. Though as I slowly came to reality my silver eyes caught the vision of her body, instead of snow there was sand. Shit. Both of us. My head raised, a brow quirked. "You too?" a pause as I sunk in her first words, "Feather brains." a stamp of an annoyed hoof. I looked over my friend, mmm yes... friend, with high concern. My ears quite intent on listening to her. Drinking in her appearance I found no new battle scars, therefor I was not too concerned with killing them right then and there. Though they would soon pay.

"Mmm, they could believe they treat me well, but just their presence sickens my stomach." my voice a bit calmer than usual. Though my annoyance was quite clear, Psyche's even clearer. I could feel the hatred coming from her pours. I enjoyed that chaotic feeling. My concern instantly fell within the Plague, what would come of it in her absense. I looked upon her mangled horn, down her mane and I calculated the rough feathers, the teeth as if I could feel my own ripped from my mouth. "In your vacancy we, they... are weak. This just will not do my dear. Maybe weak is too far off, they are open to danger. It can not be held together when the heart is taken." my tones becoming a search. Oh fuck.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

The shadow-mare had replayed the events of her capture repeatedly. She could see no way that she could have avoided the grasp of the snake, and yet she felt that she ought to have. It was impossible to break one's mind from the hold of hypnosis, and yet she should have. The disappointment in Elizabeth's voice reiterated these things to her, and she felt the emotion mirrored in herself. If she could not keep herself from being stolen away, how could she protect her kin? To them she had a responsibility, one that she could not do from an inferior herdland, trapped by these featherbrained imbeciles. For the first time in her life, she felt well and truly trapped. Caged. She did not like the feeling. She would have to figure out a way to get both of them out of here, to prove that she were not utterly useless.

And they would, but first, she would have to address the silver-marked fae's qualms. Her response to the jackal's rather sarcastic question was no surprise, and, as expected, reflected her own feelings. Her skin was crawling to think that she shared the same space with such impurity, such inferiority. It was disgusting. She felt as though it was sinking into her pores, lodging itself into her bodice, as though she would never be free from it. But such thoughts had no place now, as they were attempting to plan, to lay in wait and watch for their chance. Perhaps it would not be today, or tomorrow, but a time would arrive when the dark pair would be beckoned to freedom, despite the protests of the so-called sultans of this wretched land.

"... cannot be held together when the heart is taken." Her words resonated within the shadow-mare, and irrevocably bonded her to her once-frenemy, this scarred, ambitious mare who was so like herself. A stronger allegiance could not be declared than to admit Psyche's central rank amongst their group, and in that moment there was a realignment of alliances in her mind. Perhaps Elizabeth could be trusted, after all. Her vocals were almost searching, as though looking to Psyche for guidance. And the Crux would not disappoint her again. "Darling, I fear you are forgetting the strength of our allies." Her tone was almost soothing, a surprising tone from the dark fae's maw. "All is not lost. They have the good doctor to guide them yet, his nurse, and others that are fully capable."

She spoke of d'Artagnan, Kou, Deimos, those that had been long-standing members of both the Plague and the World's Edge prior to their exile. These she could mention in safety, with outlying ears assuming they spoke of the herd, not a secret society. The Plague, she dared not speak of. There was too much at stake to risk the rumors that would come of such discussion. It was imperative that all remained secret. Elizabeth would understand that, she knew this to be so. She hoped that her words would calm the scarred mare's racing thoughts. "And besides, you don't expect to be here so very long, do you?" A too-sweet smile graced her lips. They would bide their time, and then, they would run.

[W/C | 537]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

The thoughts made my irritability level blast above the range before going nuts. I could taste their feathers in my mouth. Taste the blood as I picked them delicately from their pours. Each fluff coming out slowly and carefully, a painful ordeal to those with fear. My entire intentions now were to seek revenge upon the Throat and its inhabitants. The mere fools. "Mmm, yes true." I agreed simply.

My words couldn't form within my fury. Breathing heavily, my craters expanded and sunk in, a flare I could see below my eyes. The heavier I breathed, the more their scent stung my lungs. I could feel my arrogance boasting and yes I could feel my level for diplomacy drop. As if it was ever truly there, in the beginning I would tolerate it, now I wouldn't even second guess myself before attacking one of them. Maybe a few scratches from here would help me in my future sufferance. It was true that I found we should be capable of striking terror without being struck back out. Outrageous. This Throat. I will over throw this Throat someday. We will thrive within all the lands. Push each of these feather brains and nakeds into the fire of Helovia's own heart.

To smell the burning flesh and singed hair tickled my thoughts. Memories of my old kingdom now afloat within my mind. The large scar across my breasts given from battle. An equine with daggers like blades. I remember the fury that blocked my mind, the vicious teeth that I sunk into his throat and clamped shut till her choked on lack of air. Suffocation. How my own black hooves trampled him in vengeance. The silver feathering around my feet stained with a dark red. The killer look within my silver orbs. The sudden machine feeling that overpowered my mind.

It would come back. "I believe the answer you're looking for is no." a low demonic laugh now heard "Kri is a fool to think she binds me to her home." my head sprouted to the sky and I shouted with an instant remark "A FOOL!" my neck lowering quickly. I began to become impatient within my hooves. Stomping them as if I was on hot cold. "I will sit back long enough to learn their secrets." after that I'm taking action. For sure Psyche would understand.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

Elizabeth's fury was palpable. The taste of it was a bitter tang on the jackal's tongue, an irrevocable presence in her shadowed mind, a poison flowing through her veins. It was her strength, and it was her passion. Their fury mixed in the air between them, mingling in the merging winds drifting between them, carried back and forth as though in waves, crashing into and out of and around and within. It was intoxicating. It was dangerous. It was everything they needed to escape. Everything except a plan. And in this, their fury was also their kryptonite; should they follow the passion pumped from their hearts rather than the logic flowing from their minds, they would find themselves failures, trapped interminably within the gods-forsaken desert.

How strange it was to adjust to this odd climate. The barren wasteland of the Steppe had been a blessing in comparison. Beneath the snow, there had been solid ground, and one became used to the cold after a while. If nothing else, it inspired bonding between herd members as they huddled for warmth, worked together to find food. There was water everywhere; one simply had to scoop up a mouthful of snow and then, lo and behold, parched throat was quenched. But here, here, there was nothing. No solid ground, simply sand that shifted constantly under their hooves, churning and throwing one so unused to it off balance. Here, there was no water, save the tainted liquid from which the impure drank. This, truly, was hell.

"I will sit back long enough to learn their secrets." There, there was the logic which they needed so desperately. Perhaps if they were simply silent, and untroublesome, the Throat would drop its guard and they could be on their way. But then it wasn't in their nature to be silent, now, was it? Oh no, they would favor sarcasm and flaring outbursts over silence and quiet deference. Such was their characters. Perhaps alone, separated, the shadow-mare could overcome her brash tendencies, as she had done upon her arrival; but with another so similar to her own persona, such a task would prove impossible. And so it remained: how were they to escape? A memory flared, briefly, and then was tucked away again. It was an idea, but she would discuss it later, perhaps during the night, when there were no listening ears or prying eyes.

"So we will, darling," she crooned with a voice full of the venom that had always been present, but oddly comforting in the lonely landscape. "We will not fall. We will rise. And when we do, we will crush them all."

[W/C | 439]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

The build up of heat inside Elizabeth began to show. Her rather rough scared coat, began to shine like a clean thin coat. It was obvious her sweat beneath the fur. Fury beneath her silver orbs began to gleam through and you could feel the tension creeping between the two mare. Furiously swimming around them. A quick tongue shot without hesitation, "Our flame will burn bright Psyche, our flame, your flame." it wasn't quite noticeable if Elizabeth was referring to our as the whole unicorn race or her and Psyche's great growing friendship.

Within a few moments her mood had shifted from annoyed and uncomfortable, to bitchy hostile and outright pissed. Her breathes had quickened and she refused to lower her crown below the pegasi. "Wings are for birds, birds are weak." from her knowledge, and past interactions, one hoof smashing upon them put them in a critical state. Most of the time death. Fragile bone and flimsy brains. The feathershits could be euthanized, and far from humanely. Hooves still danced in place and she became impatient once again. At the moment all she wanted was to see Kri. All she wanted was to drive her spear straight through the mares breasts.

"I can not wait any longer," blood boiling, the vicious killer look within her eyes. A merciless deep breathing holding her maw open. "I miss the taste of blood." cruel tones of silver slicing at the air. Metal and mechanical. Like a machine. The wild look in her eyes began to spell, blood beast. The Fallen began to fall from the world. Reliving battles with her kin. A hot touch to her hide.

[ooc- gah! hope my switching from 1st person isn't too weird for you!]

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

If it were possible for the Dark Empress to be touched by heartfelt pledges of allegiance, she would have been by this one. It was an odd moment; for two faes that had shared so many tense feelings upon first meeting, they were quickly growing into a pair that would become unmatched in terms of power and ambition. Her words were almost an oath, and had many meetings. The flame of the unicorn race, the flame of the Basin herd, the flame of the Plague, the flame of their partnership. There was simply so much to consider, so many different things contained in those simple words. The shadow-mare sought and held Elizabeth's gaze, accepting her words, not needing to respond.

There was mutual respect and, perhaps, even a strange level of affection between the two, having been through a great deal together in such a short time. It was with this in mind that she sought to calm Elizabeth. She understood the mare's fury, understood perfectly the desire to sink her horn into the flesh of the dirty beings, the lust for revenge against those who would dare take them from their rightful home, not once, but twice. There was a familiar look in the silver-maned femme's orbs, a look of reliving memories, of remembering the sights, the sounds, the tastes. Sure enough, her words reflected her memories: "I miss the taste of blood."

"As do I," she agreed simply, her own mind fading into memories. She remembered flames. She remembered her mother's body burning before her eyes. She remembered the tortured shrieks of fear and pain as she watched the pelt evaporate, the skin wither, the eyes melt. She remembered the smell of charred flesh. She remembered piles of bodies, vaguely; but none stood out save her traitorous mother. She had left, and returned to her death. Suddenly the shadow-mare was struck with an odd sense of deja vu. The jackal herself had left; had she now returned to her death? No. She drew herself up, matching Elizabeth's stature perfectly, if lacking in height. I will conquer them. I will not end up like her. Like them. "We are destined for greatness, my dear. Patience. When they least expect, we will strike."

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

The pattern between words was a slow leak to her mind. As the fire was fueled by hateful memories and the replaying of the ambush. Kri, a weak leader, sending dogs off to do her dirty work. A huff escaped Elizabeth when she realized he hadn't much room to talk. True, the mare had old teams when she was queen. All whom did her work while she kicked back and destroyed as she pleased. Ah the wonderful days. "Venom is hot upon your tongue, our strike will exceed far." cool tones becoming patient again. Working with her temper was far from the easiest to do. Used to lashing out when her anger was evident and now the only person to lash upon was Psyche, not that Elizabeth was a fool and scared, she just found the mare too important. Too close and greatly held within her heart.

"Let us find something to do in our spare time then." Elizabeth snickers. Demonic tones hissing. An awful tone like fingernails and chalk boards. "Surely in our presence we will cause some havoc," a pause, wicked glance to Psyche "after all, they expect us to stay quiet and follow them like a beaten dog." brow perked "I will prove to do everything but that." a witchy feel within her personality. An awkward mystery within her eyes. The rage slowly filling within the freak cup. Elizabeth began to move slowly forward. Lowering her neck and swinging it Psyche's way playfully. Horn far from causing damage. If the muscles contacted with Psyches the silver mare would shoot her head to the sky and kick to a high run. Tearing the sand beneath her feet. Cranium turned to watch at Psyche's reaction. Elizabeth hoped to be accompanied in her hateful deeds.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

"I wonder, darling, if we can make use of the information that I have gleaned thus far during our lovely stay." The words were said thoughtfully, mind racing. What a mistake they had made, to steal the pair of unicorns and allow them to spend time together, talking, listening, plotting. What a mistake to think that they would not make use of each other. This mistake would be one that they would take advantage of, one that they would use to their advantage. And they had given her more than one gift, this gift of her loyal Corporal. They had given her a taste of their leadership, a leadership that seemed plagued by a distinct lack of unity. They had given her a view of the unease that they felt with her captor.

She would use their mistakes.

"The leaders do not seem to be on one another's side," the shadow-mare divulged, "and I wonder if we could use their differences to sow discord." A long shot, perhaps, but an idea. A direction. Elizabeth wanted to create havoc, to cause mayhem. Well, they would do just that, indeed, but now they had a direction. And that was all they needed, really. The silver-touched swung her head gently in the jackal's direction, an almost playful tap lacking any true intention. It was allowed, a hit taken on the shoulder. The beginnings of something. Elizabeth needed this release and so she would take the lead now; but the Empress would follow, loyalty returned.

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

The pain within was growing colder. Something hit her from behind, like a sharp painful memory. Yes it was a memory. Her mother. The hit Psyche took was the same hit Elizabeth's mother had took merely days before the silver was taken from her side and forced to battle training. The forceful duty did much good, or so they thought. Elizabeth turned top heavy. The lust for power hungry within her lips. Resulting in the death of the king, her father. She'd had the taste of power before, still that lust deep within her, it was enough to make her sick. Thinking about it, it was better to follow. You were less hated and easier was easier to please someone than to demand being pleased.

So it was just the bonding Elizabeth needed to prove her worth below Psyche's rank. It was enough just to give her the taste of power but hold her back from making a full blown mistake. Leadership under the circumstances of less knowledge from this new found world, would surely result in horrific disasters. A shame put to her name once again. Elizabeth would have to run again, fly away and she was oh so tired of leaving.

Movement through the sand was slow and she pondered through Psyche's words momentarily. Realizing the genius in the new information the jackal held. "And with that we have our answer." a slight pause "From what I've learned in past experiences, you must have a tight unity within yourself or the two of you, or things will fall." simple as that. You can not rule together if you are simply always disagreeing. That was mere foolish. "This seems about like the information we need to leave Psyche." striking back at the perfect moment, "But if something is to stray us from leaving together and I make it out before you, you will not stay here" pausing to eye the mare with cold steel eyes "not only do I need you but the Plague needs you. I will come for you no matter the consequences." she ended her thought. Whether Psyche saw it as a weakness or not, Elizabeth cared not. It was a simple, your now my sister, family, blood... I can not leave you, kind of thing.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

"As I will you, Elizabeth." It had been a long time since such seriousness had been present in the shadow-mare's vocals, if she had ever had such a tone. There was a bond forged between prisoners, one that she had never had the chance to make before. She felt a kinship for the silvered mare, the one that she had been so wary of at their first meeting, the one that she had clashed so horribly with. She would live or she would die with the fae; should they go into battle, she knew that she had a comrade who would have her back, for better or for worse. Better, the unrestricted, unabashed racism of the taller mare was acting as a balance: the jackal was learning temperance, being forced to reign in the fury that was Elizabeth.

A more perfect pair had never been made.

So what now? Sure, she had planted the seed of an idea, but how to properly utilize the information? How could they sow the most discord, cause the most chaos? How would they ensure that they would not be followed, when they escaped? For they would invariably run, they would without a doubt break the line of defenders. The jackal's mind wandered to Elizabeth's captor: who had brought her here? She had plans for the Snake, of course, provided that she got the chance to implement them. "Who brought you here?" she asked suddenly, distracted. Could she use the information to form a plan?

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

Passion with content anger was a mix of emotions Elizabeth should never encounter together. The twirling images in her mind were similar to that of destruction and hell. Nothing from the usual besides the extreme amount of blood that coursed through her imagination. Simply a bad idea to stick to Plague members as prisoners together in one land, bound there by a force against them. Foolish feather brains. "Who brought me here?" she huffed, air flowing from her nostrils so harshly that they rippled with such brash movement she could feel tension in her brain "Kri." Elizabeth's steel cold eyes shot a rough look to Psyche. 'Don't take it out on her, she's not the enemy.' If Psyche wasn't such a close figure to Elizabeth she would have swiveled on her heels and started swinging her horn around like the death bone it is.

Elizabeth's kill death ratio was probably on a level of thousands. Over the years she battled and stepped into the throne life, she murdered mercilessness many foolish equids. Caring not for who they, if a unicorn, are but rather what they stood for. As her blood boiled deeply under her hide she began to hit a temperature far too hot. "Kri WILL regret her decision, no matter how powerful she wishes to be." a mechanical laugh rough. A weird flare in her personality began to streak. What would Kri's organs look like without being covered in hide? How would they taste on a herbivore's tongue? Delicious yes. So wonderful.

[ooc- Would you like to call this quits? As their conversation has began to die down..]

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
[OOC | So it does. The end, it shall be! :) ]