the Rift

Birds eye view (Ktulu, Cera, Hototo)

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO

our hearts beat in time with the earth.

Rude, I was being very rude. I could tell amost instantly as I watched face of the boy at Midas's side fall in my presence. However, wrestling with envy took a few moments, and I scrambled inwardly to try and push through the odd emotion. Even though Midas had come with this young foal, he still addressed me much the same and greeted my appearance with a smile. In turn, I offered up my own shy entity of the expression, presenting it to the stallion and then to the colt at his side, only for a fleeting glance before my attention is stolen once more by the painted stallion. His words surprise me, for I certainly expected he had come for my mother and not for me.

As such, a stunned wave rolls across my features, and were it not for the appearance of mother from behind me, I might have completely shut off my ears to anything else. I am here to school you in claiming the sky. Excited, I automatically perk my ears forward, the shy smile growing more genuine until it shined with excitement. "You're going to teach me to fly?" I ask, moving the wings upon my back which had often been disregarded in my youth. They were not nearly as necessary to me as my legs, for mother could not teach me the art of sailing upon the wind. My mother's voice comes next, her greeting guarded as always, but the hint of an upturn in her voice was a key sign that she appreciated Midas's company.

The slight difference only multiplied when mother looked toward me, our eyes meeting in a soft embrace before I break it once more to look at the colt. Mother had called him Cera and asked me to greet him, but it seems the colt was already taking responsibility. I was quite impressed with his initiative myself, as I have always been rather shy around my peers, though especially fillies. Now that I truly look at the figure at Midas's side, I notice that it is scant in comparison to my own growing form. He looks to be quite a bit younger than me, but the length of his wings makes me reconsider. Were we but a few months apart? A few weeks?

Regardless of age, I am taken aback by the words which follow. I have never considered myself to be an attractive colt. I think the fact that my relatives do not have wings likely has something to do with this view upon myself, but my boorish horns curling from my crown are also not aiding in my view of myself. The colt that Cera is viewing right now, with straight legs and growing musculature, is not the creature that I had been in my earlier months. His words bring forth widened eyes, but not from his misuse of language, just from the compliment. Wavering through possible responses, I just stand, dumbly, mouth half open before I finally remember that he is likely awaiting me. "I, uhh... thanks," I settle, not really knowing how else to respond. I try to end it with a smile, sheepish and faint, but it stays upon my lips for a few moments until the colt speaks again.

Perhaps more than the compliment, the offer of friendship surprises me even more. "You want to be my friend?" I ask, my voice taking on some sort of awed tone. I had never have someone request such a strong bond with me before, and I had done little to earn it from Cera. "I would really like to be friends, Cera."

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
Birds eye view (Ktulu, Cera, Hototo) - by Midas - 12-08-2012, 03:26 PM
RE: Birds eye view (Ktulu, Cera, Hototo) - by Hototo - 12-13-2012, 01:57 AM
RE: Birds eye view (Ktulu, Cera, Hototo) - by ali - 01-06-2013, 01:50 PM