the Rift

Birds eye view (Ktulu, Cera, Hototo)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Pride filled me; it swelled until each space was threatened to burst. A smile was mustered upon ebony contours when my growing boy rose to take shaky initiative; but initiative nonetheless. He was such a people person that I never thought to worry upon hesitation or withdraw. After a few moments the children seemed to be hitting it off rather well; I sighed in relief and offered Ktulu a polite nod before directing attention to the younglings at hand, “Are you ready to begin?” I asked quietly, knowing that a willing response would appear upon their lips but also be unneeded.

Stepping forward into a leading position I motioned for them to follow with a slight bend, “Your body is built for the sky, with each passing month your flight muscles have been getting stronger.” I walked uphill now, leaning forward to accompany the balance change but still speaking with calm direction, “Respect your limits, protect your wings as you would a leg or neck.” This last part was perhaps the most important; I turn sideways to glance at them.

Serious now and very nearly frowning I add with grim note, “No amount of pride is worth losing the ability to fly.” Would they understand this? I wouldn’t get to wonder for long because by now we had approached the top of our training slope. Well…it was enough of a downhill to offer gangly legs ample chance at finding speed for the first step of flight—gliding.

In order for them to gain access into heaven, they would have to learn the art of finding lift through warmed thermals; and using the direction of wind to cut back on thrust levels to conserve energy. All of the technical stuff would come on a later day, for now I wanted to teach them to be part of their wings.

Stretching left flight appendage out before them, I motioned with pointed muzzle toward the length of each length, “These are your primary feathers, they are the largest and strongest,” after a moment to allow the pair a chance at exploring their own I push on, “The smaller feathers are called secondary, and while the primary offers stability, secondary feathers will help give you lift in both soaring and flapping.”

Reversing a step or two I distanced myself so my full extend could be reached without encountering their own, flapping slowly and flexing pectoral muscles I smiled, “You must move and exercise these muscles every day, practice on your own.” Turning toward the hill, a familiar rush of excitement flicked my eyes toward the clear blue, “Watch now children.” My body, strong and willing through countless hours of patrol, leapt forward to descend training mound. Limbs thrust, the pump of legs pushed to gain ground whilst my wings cushioned out like a leaf forced into wind.

Finally enough speed and draft was forced beneath, I could feel the ground vanish beneath my feet. The exuberance of flight forever a wondrous joy to behold, it was a crying shame that not all creatures got to experience this firsthand.

I stay aloft for only a moment before touching back down at a brisk trot. My face, alight with pleasure and good nature turned back to the trio; willingly I call out to the children, “Come, show me what you just learned.” The best instruction was through practice—see one, do one, teach one. My eyes linger on Cera, wondering how he would take to flying and thrilling in seeing these first baby steps of life. The wonders of parenting.

OOC: my first, first person post...if I destroyed it...please tell me so I can never do it again <'3

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Birds eye view (Ktulu, Cera, Hototo) - by Midas - 12-08-2012, 03:26 PM
RE: Birds eye view (Ktulu, Cera, Hototo) - by Midas - 01-02-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: Birds eye view (Ktulu, Cera, Hototo) - by ali - 01-06-2013, 01:50 PM