the Rift

wood crafter; questing, lace

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
[Image: 50a8b421a75c2]

EVERS the ABLE

Evers looked down at the river flowing at a fast pace as the snows thawed into it. His hooves covered in thick brown mud as Bird Song took hold of Winter and cast it aside for new life. Smudging out the bitter cold remains. His once shaggy blue pelt now thinning once more as the heat of the sun returned, his skinny body was coated in a vibrant red from nose to rump. Gone was the roan blue and the odd hairs he had on neck and tail were white with 6 antlers wearing the poor boy down. His head bowed with the new weight, missing his little daggers that used to sit loyally at his side. Loyalty. It reminded him of the quest he was on, taking the free time cautiously from his lead position and using it to gain another strength. One of bond and companionship. A dog of similar slender proportions and blue body, like Archibald and Loretta completed each other. One problem stood in his way however. The stream before him.

The Able stared at it for a while, dirt still in one side of his mouth, taken from the Throat and bucket sat on the floor made by a generous snake. A quarter of his quest complete already. Another half was fire, taken from the heart and delivered to the Earth God. Evers had already thought he'd need something that would burn a long time or find someone with a dragon companion. It was the prospect of carrying water that now the boy now needed to fulfil. He looked down, enlarged belly jiggling as he did, and picked up his metal pail moving swiftly to the water and filling it. Setting it's new weight back down on the muddy ground.

He sighed loudly and proclaimed himself at a loss. Dirt was easy, fire more complicated but manageable and water that seemed impossible at first was now the most simplest. Evers gave into his thumping head and turned blue pools skywards, were these quests a test of his patience too?

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
Once upon a time there was a man
With his eyes towards the moon
And he wonder to himself:
"Will love come soon?"

"You'll blow away your happiness if you sigh like that" a gentle voice suddenly said somewhere behind the Able. Moments later a silver gray stallion came into view as he padded over the muddy plain, at a pace just fast enough to let him catch up to the unicorn. And what a strange unicorn it was. Large antlers protruding from the sides of the neck rather than from the head, a big belly that seemed too.. rich in content, so to speak, for a stallion. And then there was that odd red color of the coat, that shone like a beacon all over the Meadow. It was a sight too curious to simply walk past, hence why he meandered over to the apparently distressed fellow.
Sure, Lace wasn't one to talk - his mane was dispersing sickly sweet sprinkling for very step, and at night the recently appeared spots on his rump glowed in horribly cheerful colors.

If he'd less self restraint, he'd feel like crying. Or, like the other, sigh like all happiness in the world had disappeared.

"What has made you so downtrodden, my friend?" Perhaps it was a stupid question when considering the unfortunate predicament of the stallion, but you never knew. Perhaps this was his usual appearance, and the sigh was due to something else? Lace felt chatty today, and as long as it wasn't a matter of women and heartbreak he would probably be able to offer some advice in most matters. Fajira was off hunting anyways, so he had plenty of time to pass on his own.

Image Credit
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
[Image: 50a8b421a75c2]

EVERS the ABLE

Auricles of blue flicker to the strangers voice, tension slowly slipping away from his initial surprised stance as the newcomer appeared to be kind in voice and appearance. Eyes moved to his clumps of colourful attire and Evers wondered if something truly strange was going on in Helovia, considering his own looks were not exactly... Status quo. Hooves scrape along the floor and the shy steed dipped his head in gentle greeting and smiled faintly to the webbed faced stud's comment."Artfully perceived Sir..." A quiet voice returned with the same kindness the stranger had shown to him, trailing off slightly at the end as he tried to put his problem into words.

Shifting his bucket of water out of the way momentarily, Evers posed his problem to this seemly chap, wondering if luck had brought this stallion to him. Or if it was a mere coincidence. "A quest from father Earth is the source of my frustration. I must collect dirt from Lady Kri's land, water from the stream before us and fire from the heart of Helovia. The first two I have already accomplished but... I seem to be stuck on the last."

He paused to check he wasn't boring the poor grey who had stumbled upon him in a moment of annoyance. Hopefully he would understand. "I have no way of collecting and transporting fire" he nudged the bucket once in thought. Dropping the dirt from his mouth and into the water for it to lay at the bottom in wait for his return to the Gods. It would be easier to carry this way, both in one bucket. Evers snorted and looked back to Lace, eyes apologetic but kind as he remembered to introduce himself. "I'm Evers the Able, a pleasure." The blue wondered if word had reached the out lying herds of his rise to the throne, or if this stallion was from a herd. Maybe he wouldn't know, but titles were not all that important right now.

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
Once upon a time there was a man
With his eyes towards the moon
And he wonder to himself:
"Will love come soon?"

Gilded eyes regarded the bucket dangling from the mouth of the steed with interest and nodded as he listened to the troubles of the stranger. It was a strange set of items to collect indeed; why was the Earth God interested in dirt and water and fire? Lace thought back to the one time when he'd been able to lay eyes upon the divine ones, bringing to mind the impressive stallion with gentle but saddened eyes that only did so much to soothe the sensation of overwhelming power and otherworldliness. What could possibly make a being like that take interest in such mundane things? And why, of all people, had he sent this curious looking horse to collect them? Perhaps it was to rid him of whatever curse or illness that had caused the peculiar appearance; Lace wasn't usually concerned with how people looked, but he refused to believe that the gaudy colors and red nose was a part of his usual appearance.

"A pleasure indeed, Evers. My name is Lace, I come from World's Edge."

It took some effort to avoid staring, and well aware that he himself was far from ordinarily patterned the Glazier refrained from commenting on the reason or strangeness of the quest. Instead he tilted the head slightly and gave the bucket a new glance, then peered around the landscape in search for anything at all besides horizon and mile upon mile of muddy grassland.

"Perhaps I might be able to help you with that quest, if you allow me to assist," he offered after a while and returned the gaze to Evers, smile faded but not without kindness reflecting upon the facial features. "Though the blessing of the Goddess of the Moon I have developed some talents... I could create a wooden construct to help you carry fire, and hopefully without burning either you nor anyone else until you reach the Veins again. Do you think it would suit your needs?"

This wasn't exactly the best place for him to start out on, but if Lace wasn't entirely mistaken there were trees scattered out about the meadow that he could make use of. The gift he had wasn't strong enough to allow him to create things from thin air; he had to have something to work with, a source material so to speak... In this case a hardy shrub or windswept pine might suit his needs. Some form of hard wood that would burn slowly, shaped into a form that would allow for safe handling.

It was an interesting task indeed, and the more he thought about it the more the crafter began hoping that the other would accept his offer; it would be a good opportunity to try something new and get some practice with this magic.

Image Credit
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden