the Rift

it's empty in the valley of your heart [closed]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

"I cannot treat hypothermia the way I treated your shoulder, Faelene. Please, don't allow yourself to cool down. It may be Birdsong, but the Frostbreath remains winter." The only sound apart from the mare's lovely, warm voice, so unlike the cold grips on the Steppe, was the sound of hooves clopping against the stone, leaving a clatter rebounding around the Arch. Tor moved as quietly as one for her size could, but even so, she was clumsy despite her attempts. It was a cool winter, this one had been, filled with ice and frost and bitter temperatures even for Tor's perpetually heavy pelt.

Tor moved forward after Faelene with a smile that was as opposite of the cold as the Sun God was different from the Earth God as she came. She had been wandering, as usual. One did not become the 'Wandering Healer' without moving, constantly, even with the idea of home in the Deep Forest to welcome her. The Deep Forest was dark, warm maybe, but chilly and deathly quiet. Perhaps if Ophelia could be found, it would seem more welcoming. Tor hadn't seen her closest friend for days, weeks now, and she fretted. Even if Ophelia was mature in mind, she was still only one or two years old, young enough to get into a load full of trouble without even realizing it. Strange, isn't it, that Tor liked such a younger mare so? Yes, it was, Tor decided, but even so, that wouldn't change her friendship with Phi one bit.

As often, Tor's mind wandered back to the adventures her and Lace had had. Those had been wonderful! Excitement. It had been daring, even. It had been lovely, tasting adventures after eating dull conferences and healings for weeks, even if teaching helped fulfill other's dreams and hopes. Even before she had noticed Faelene moving silently across the land, she had a faint smile on her face, thinking of Lace. They hadn't had a very good start, but it seemed there was a strong something forming between them.

Tor returned to herself, watching Faelene with those soft eyes. "And how are you?" How old was the unicorn? Did she have a lover? Prying you are, Tor. Leave those thoughts be.

TOR
just because i trust everyone does not mean i'm a fool.

slime-stock | Burtn | Tay-Studios
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
RE: it's empyt in the valley of your heart - by Tor - 12-08-2012, 07:37 PM