the Rift

it's empty in the valley of your heart [closed]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

"More wandering, I suppose." Tor smiled at Faelene, genuinely enjoying the black mare's company. There was no foolish complications and problems between them, just simplicity. They both knew where they stood, or at least the draft did believe it to be that way. As the black unicorn rested a hoof, Tor mimicked the pose, relaxing in the presence of quiet companionship.

What is my position? Traveler? Lost? Idiot whose too kind for her own good? Mare? Outcast? Gray member? More likely a mare whose trying to find her place in life. Tor knew the difference between a teasing tone and a serious question, but she found herself replying anyways, matching Faelene's cheerful voice. "I'm not sure, truth be told. I suppose I'm just trying to find out where I'm going with all..." What? Healing? Making too many alliances? Complicating her life ever more? "Everything I'm doing." The red-maned mare's eyes took on a harder look, a steely glint in their depths and Tor sighed. Her words were true, but Tor liked to think better of the world, keep more faith in Helovia's inhabitants. "I think you speak truth, but I prefer to think of the world as a kind place, not a cold one."

"Exactly that." Tor admitted. How did Faelene know? "Alliances with Mauja, although I have heard he's disappeared. Friends in the Edge, friends in the Throat, Outcast friends... I owe too much and I'm afraid if times turn war-like again, instead of this fragile peace, I will be torn apart by my many promises to so many." Faelene was the first she had told of her dilemna, and there was a touch of surprise that stroked Tor's heart.

TOR
just because i trust everyone does not mean i'm a fool.

slime-stock | Burtn | Tay-Studios
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
RE: it's empty in the valley of your heart - by Tor - 12-12-2012, 09:48 PM